Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Listing of Online Gender Therapists

Started by V M, June 01, 2012, 05:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V M

Web Counseling:

Dr. GRAHAM L PEVELLER
http://www.gendertherapist.com/

John D Moore LCPC, CADC
Secure Online Web Consultations
E-mail: john@johndmoore.net
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor. Works with TG individuals to help them sort through the myriad of emotions and stress. Must be a resident of Illinois.

Gender Therapist Online
"We are a Gender Psychotherapy resource dedicated to the needs of individuals with gender identity disorders and other related issues..... Providing therapy to the Trans-gender Community for gender related issues and assessment of readiness for hormones and SRS, leading to a report and letters of recommendation.
We currently have many clients worldwide who find our service invaluable, as they live in isolated areas, have not the resource close to where they reside. Prefer the flexibility and availability of the service, the non-face to face contact. being able to use our services from the comfort of their home, or are simply reserved and shy. All of our therapists are fully qualified, U.K. registered and possess many years of experience and fulfill the requirements of the Dr. Harry Benjamin Standards of care. This is an online and Worldwide Service"

Dr Carl Bushong
Transsexual, Transgendered Care. Consultation by long distance telephone. Dr. Bushong calls you. He also sets up Testing for hormone therapy. Price $125.00 per 50 minute hour. Service is provided Worldwide.

Caroline Gibbs, LPC, NCC
Transgender Institute
7140 Wornall Road, Suite 203
Kansas City, MO. 64114
Phone : (816) 305-0943
Fax : (816) 216-7177
Email : gibbsassist@yahoo.com
"Gender therapy in office and online using the SKYPE camera. (For those choosing online therapy with Caroline she will provide you with a SKYPE camera free of charge.)"

B.E. Budd, Ph.D.
699 B Piedmont Ave, NE
Atlanta, Ga. 30324
Phone : (404) 873-5517
2nd office at:
1216 Mars Hill Road, #C
Watkinsville, Ga. 30677
Email : bebudd@bebuddphd.com
Online Therapy via Skype Web Cam and in office therapy.

Dr. Lori A. Jespersen, Psy.D
Phone : (707) 328-1268 between 9:00am PST and 4:00pm PST
(Every effort will be made to return inquiries from the Midwest / East coast promptly, though an initial e-mail may provide the quickest response time. Thank You!)
Email : drljespersen@gmail.com
A few pages from Lori's Website : Transgender Page the practice of Teletherapy Explained Lori's California Clinician License California Consumer Notice and the Price List
"I am a licensed clinical Psychologist in California, offering online, web-based positive/affirming psychotherapy to the transgender community. My work includes both private practice and work amongst incarcerated transgender individuals. Sliding Scale Fee Available."

Melissa Leonhardt, MA NCC LPC
Licensed Therapist
North Carolina
" I am a licensed professional counselor that is a lesbian. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 18 years and we have an 8 year old son via artificial insemination. I have 17 years experience in counseling children and families. In the past 6 years I have opened my own online private practice that serves the GLBT community exclusively. I do relationship counseling, counseling for depression, anxiety, etc. I also counsel transgendered individuals who are seeking HRT or SRS. My fees are affordable and services are confidential. Counseling is provided to the GLBT community by a member of the GLBT community. This is where to go if you are having problems with depression, anger, anxiety, relationship issues, etc. I also provide recommendation letters for hormone treatment and SRS in accordance with the WPATH. Counseling is provided online via secure live chat. Affordable prices and NC Medicaid is accepted. For more information Email : brandnewdaycounseling@gmail.com or visit my website : http://www.brandnewdaycounseling.com "

Dr. Audrey Lehmann, PhD, LMFT
In-Office:
900 East Main Street
Medford, OR. 97504
Phone : (541) 896-1564
Email : audreylehmannmft@gmail.com
By phone or skype:
California, New York, Illinois (I am licensed in these states)
"I am a licensed Psychotherapist. During the five years that my practice was in the San Francisco Bay Area, I worked with many clients who were transitioning and/or were working on gender identity issues. I am versed in the in's and out's of the medical process, along with helping those who are transitioning. I am available in-person in Medford, Oregon, and also via skype or telephone for individuals living in California, Oregon, New York and Illinois (I am licensed in these states)."

Polly Kahl, MA, LPC
Kahl Counseling & Consultation
2130 Penn Avenue, 2nd Floor
West Lawn, PA. 19601
Phone : (610) 478-8686
Email : kahlcounseling@hotmail.com
"Polly Kahl is a licensed professional counselor experienced with general mental health issues such as depression, anxiety, self esteem and relationship issues, and specializing in sexual abuse recovery and gender issues. Counseling provided to transgender clients and their families and significant others during all stages of gender exploration and transition. Letters provided for hormones and transgender surgeries. Services are confidential, supportive and affordable and are provided in office, over the telephone as well as online via Skype videochat."

Lisette R. Lahana, MSW, LCSW
Gender Therapy and FTM Partners Group
445 Bellevue Avenue, Suite 104
Oakland, CA. 94610
Office Phone : (510) 915-4795
Email : Therapy@LisetteLahana.com
"Areas of emphasis include: transgender and gender variant individuals, partners and family's of trans individuals, spanish-speakers (terapia en espaƱol) gender variant people of color, queer identities, trauma survivors, bipolar disorder, EMDR and college students. Offering skype and webcam sessions to California Residents."

Ani Tiffany, Marriage and Family Therapist
Santa Fe Psychotherapy and Consulting
453 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM. 87505
Phone : (505) 577-7783
Email : anitiffany@msn.com
"I have worked with the alternative community for 30 years. I am licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist so I am a family/couples dynamic expert. I have been able to help people with transitioning/coming out issues. Also, I do some international and cross country counseling via Skype."

Michele O'Mara, LCSW
2680 E. Main Street, Suite 121
Plainfield, IN. 46168
Phone : (317) 517-0065
Email : michele@micheleomara.com
"Providing gender transition counseling since 1999, I am now offering services online! Whether you are pursuing a letter of referral for hormone replacement therapy, chest surgery, gender reassignment surgery, you can now access services from anywhere as long as you have a computer, access to the internet, a web cam, and the free software provided by skype.com. Visit my site for more information."

Trey Polesky, MSW, LSW
2416 E. Washington Street, Suite A2
Bloomington, IL. 61704
Phone : (773) 819-5428
Email : treypolesky@gmail.com
"I'm a Master's level Licensed Social Worker who specializes in online Skype and in-office therapy to the transgender community as well as their partners, family, and friends. I provide assessments, therapy, and letters of recommendation for hormones and SRS. I utilize the WPATH Standards of Care in my work. Feel free to visit my website or contact me via Email for details or by phone to set up an initial session. Some insurance accepted and sliding scale rates are available. I look forward to hearing from you!"

Dr. Carol Clark, PA
P.O. Box 530621
Miami, FL. 33153
Phone : (305) 891-1827
Phone : (305) 773-8785
Fax : (305) 892-7108
Email : counselor@drcarolclark.com
"Telephone Counseling works well for many individuals, especially those living in areas where there are no therapists. I am Knowledgeable about this subject .. have worked successfully with transgendered clients in Alaska, Kansas, Tennessee, and many other states. Please contact me to explore this option. I have been supporting and working with transgendered individuals for several years. I facilitates a counseling group in Ft. Lauderdale that is open to anyone who wants to learn more about themselves or a loved one. I provide individual therapy for those people whose pain has become overwhelming, those who are transitioning, and those who have transitioned but are still in need of counseling and support. Some individuals are accepting of themselves but need help coping with their friends and families, who may have difficulty accepting that this is the same person they have always loved and cared about. Some transitioning people need to work with a therapist who will be able to write letters in order to obtain hormones, get a name change, be accepted at work, or have sex reassignment surgery. Some individuals have never been able to talk to anyone about their feelings and want to understand and explore more fully how to express themselves.

Dr. David J. MacIntyre, Psy.D., LPC
1201 Callon Street
Wausau, WI. 54401
Phone : (715) 845-5493
Email : dmacccw@frontier.com
Mental Health provider for 19 years. Licensed in Wisconsin and Illinois. Online therapy also available via SKYPE this can be discussed if desired, as well as a sliding fee scale rates are 150 per hour, but can vary depending on one's income. No charge for general email questions. Serves LGBT- M-F,F-M, CD, LGB community. Gender Identity, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Personality Disorders. An individual psychotherapy program for M-F and F-M transgendered people, CD and those within the LGBT community. He provides a comprehensive program of emotional support, evaluation, and psychotherapy. Dr. MacIntyre also works closely with medical providers to assist clients with hormone therapy and reassignment surgeries. His practice follows the Harry Benjamin Standards. It is with great pride and his desire to assist those in need that he provides services to the LGBT community in North Central Wisconsin. Dr. MacIntyre has clients that travel a significant distance to receive services because of the lack of such services in the surrounding rural areas. He has a great desire to work with organizations, people, impacted family members/partners, and community members and help them gain a greater understanding of the issues that the LGBT population faces from day-to-day. Dr. MacIntyre treats the whole person and strives to help individuals make the desired changes needed in his or her journey. It has been a struggle for him to find providers willing to work with gender issues, but throughout the last several years, he has been able to gather together a group of professionals who are willing, who are supportive, and who clearly have a good understanding of the issues that one faces during his or her journey. If one is looking for supportive therapy during one's journey from M-F or F-M, Dr. MacIntyre is willing to talk with you free of charge via telephone or email and will answer any questions that you may have prior to starting therapy. He truly believes that one needs to find a good fit with a therapist. He is an openly gay therapist providing services in North Central Wisconsin and understands the struggles one has in order to gain acceptance in today's society. It is his goal to educate people daily on gender issues. Dr. MacIntyre does not affiliate himself with any religious group and does not provide conversion therapy services, as this is not supported by the American Psychological Association.

Marybeth Markham MA, LMHC
820 West Seventh Avenue
Spokane, WA. 99204
Phone : (509) 795-6437
Email : transgendercare@live.com or newlotus@live.com
"I am a licensed Mental Health Therapist. I counsel many clients who are transitioning and/or are working with gender dysphoria issues. I have a true passion to help those who are moving into their true selves. I am available in my private office in Spokane, WA and will also travel to towns in eastern Washington. I am also available for telephone or Skype appointments. I look forward to working with you!" Editors Note : Offers Sliding Fee Scale. Her standard fee is 80 dollars.

Dr Maxwell Anderson (Deceased).
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Marvel

Cool, thanks.

Will try this out.

Excluding Dr. GRAHAM L PEVELLER Is there any other who offers worldwide services?.
  •  

Chloe

You missed an important one, almost legendary here in Atlanta (moved couple years back): as a "clinical psych" she is licensed to prescribe  ( ;D but will send u to an endo anyway )

Quote from: virginiaerhardt.com/I am currently living on Orcas Island, in Washington State and working with clients by telephone or Skype.
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Carolynn

After listing to the advise of many to find a GT and looking for one I had only 1 option and that was not in my network. that was a kick in the teeth. Some how I came across this link http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_search.php  inputted zip code and transgendered and found a list of many more options to choose from. You can even filter insurance provider.

Now having a short list of GT's to work with I choose one. as it turned out She was experience gay/lesbian and I was her first trans. I have being seeing her for over a year now so I will say it is working out
  •  

mooncab

Anyone know any therapists who do one-time visits for the purpose of providing a letter to insurance? My insurance (and many others) don't accept online therapists as letter-providers, and they also don't cover skype visits. Does anyone know of any therapists in the Massachusetts area, who have PhDs?
  •  

GenTechJ

Thank you Carolynn, I just found a nearby therapist and just sent an email. That link should be a sticky somewhere as I didn't know I could find someone specializing in TG so close to me.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Bimmer Guy

Here is a list of gender therapists you can see face to face.  Pick your country and state.

https://www.susans.org/Healthcare/Therapists_and_Counselors/
Top Surgery: 10/10/13 (Garramone)
Testosterone: 9/9/14
Hysto: 10/1/15
Stage 1 Meta: 3/2/16 (including UL, Vaginectomy, Scrotoplasty), (Crane, CA)
Stage 2 Meta: 11/11/16 Testicular implants, phallus and scrotum repositioning, v-nectomy revision.  Additional: Lipo on sides of chest. (Crane, TX)
Fistula Repair 12/21/17 (UPenn Hospital,unsuccessful)
Fistula Repair 6/7/18 (Nikolavsky, successful)
Revision: 1/11/19 Replacement of eroded testicle,  mons resection, cosmetic work on scrotum (Crane, TX)

•  

Alexis Flowers

Quote from: V M on June 01, 2012, 05:17:36 PM
Gender Therapist Online
"We are a Gender Psychotherapy resource dedicated to the needs of individuals with gender identity disorders and other related issues..... Providing therapy to the Trans-gender Community for gender related issues and assessment of readiness for hormones and SRS, leading to a report and letters of recommendation.
We currently have many clients worldwide who find our service invaluable, as they live in isolated areas, have not the resource close to where they reside. Prefer the flexibility and availability of the service, the non-face to face contact. being able to use our services from the comfort of their home, or are simply reserved and shy. All of our therapists are fully qualified, U.K. registered and possess many years of experience and fulfill the requirements of the Dr. Harry Benjamin Standards of care. This is an online and Worldwide Service"

Is this a standalone service? If it is, how can they be contacted?
  •  

Jupiter

Look for and online FTM counselor who can prescribe and willing to work with military who is out side USA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Tristyn

Hey everyone!^^

Do you guys know any online therapists in Florida who take United Healthcare Medicaid and Medicare dual community plan insurance? Are there any in Florida you guys know of at all??? I need help! I don't know what else to do or where else to turn! :icon_help:
  •  

Laura_7

You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,162888.msg1400316.html#msg1400316

"You can search by zip code, then narrow down by insurance/fees, specialties...even whether you prefer a male or female. Each person/clinic/office has a page with loads of info. Usually a way to contact them via email, all the phone numbers, license stuff, educational background.

It should also indicate if they are avaialble for on-line therapy. "
  •  

Tristyn

Quote from: Laura_7 on August 06, 2015, 07:00:17 AM
You could have a look here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,162888.msg1400316.html#msg1400316

Thank you for that link!^^

I have not tried psych central before....I did psychology today...no luck wit that one tho. :(

I hope this one will be better.
  •  

FTMax

Phoenix - Is there a specific reason you're looking for someone in Florida? Many online options are cheaper than what an insurance copay would be. There is no requirement that your therapist be licensed in your state. They just need to have a license.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Mariah

Info in regards to Marybeth Markham has been updated to reflect any new or changed information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

FrankNstein

Anyone have any experience with doing online sessions? This seems like a great way to go, but any extra info would be appreciated! Also, may I ask: typically, how many sessions have you had to participate in before going forward with your transition? I want to make sure I can accommodate prices with a general estimate of how long it takes. Therapy makes me anxious, lol.

Started T: 8-23-16
Top Surgery: 11-15-16
  •  

sweetbriar9

Is this the right thread to offer a reference for my therapist? I'm very happy with them so far, and haven't seen them listed here.
Just born too late, and apparently in the wrong package too.
  •  

FTMax

Quote from: sweetbriar9 on January 06, 2016, 08:23:21 PM
Is this the right thread to offer a reference for my therapist? I'm very happy with them so far, and haven't seen them listed here.

Feel free to message me or any of the mods, and we can alter the initial post to add your therapist.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Laura_7

Quote from: FrankNstein on January 06, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
Anyone have any experience with doing online sessions? This seems like a great way to go, but any extra info would be appreciated! Also, may I ask: typically, how many sessions have you had to participate in before going forward with your transition? I want to make sure I can accommodate prices with a general estimate of how long it takes. Therapy makes me anxious, lol.

here are more comments concerning some therapists:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,187135.0.html

hugs
  •  

FrankNstein

Started T: 8-23-16
Top Surgery: 11-15-16
  •  

Scorp2Coo

Quote from: Kiera on June 14, 2013, 02:51:49 PM
You missed an important one, almost legendary here in Atlanta (moved couple years back): as a "clinical psych" she is licensed to prescribe  ( ;D but will send u to an endo anyway )

What's The Information?
  •