Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Phantom Breasts

Started by Emma Morgaine, April 05, 2013, 03:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emma Morgaine

In the past few days I have been feeling a tingling sensation in my chest around the nipples. They are also sore to the touch and occasionally I feel "phantom" breasts there. I am not on any hormones. Does anyone know what this is? Am I just being looney?
:icon_flamed:
  •  

Erin Kay Howell

I have similar sensations of "phantom breasts" from time to time as well. I wonder why. I am not on hormons either.

-Erin
I know who I am, and no one is going to tell me otherwise anymore.

•  

spacial

You're not loony. You're aching.

•  

Beth Andrea

...Just wait 'till you experience a phantom vagina...talk about craving!

(I've heard FTM's also getting a phantom penis, so it's not just us)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

well um I saw a character named the Phantom Futa, so its surely possible  :angel:
Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Erin Kay Howell

Its a strange feeling when im in bed or if im reaching up for something its like they're there but not. And then I feel sad :sad: 
I know who I am, and no one is going to tell me otherwise anymore.

•  

lizagirl

Quote from: Beth Andrea on April 05, 2013, 06:59:14 PM

Yes, I too have had the phantom breasts sensation, but that was years ago. But more recently I had the phantom vagina sensation alone with that I had the sensation of a man pushing himself into my vagina.
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Hmm I've only had phantom teeth, but they were real at one time.

The mind is an unusual thing.

If I can get rid of this appendage, it damn well better stay gone too :)
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •  

Tiny717

^^Oh gosh, I thought that might of been just me or something. I do feel a "phantom penis"sensation sometimes, actually. D:
Almost everyday; but gosh, one morning I woke up and I went to use the bathroom only to realize that I really shouldn't try peeing standing up.  :laugh: Sort of a close call.
Not to mention the times when you start feeling kind of um.. "stimulated", you could say; it's twenty times worse. XD
  •  

Blaine

I can relate to this. I also read something around here a while ago about some FTMs "forgetting" they have breasts because it isn't wired into their brains. That's me too.  ::)
I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In [my head!] Azkaban!
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Padfoot92 on April 07, 2013, 10:28:37 PM
I can relate to this. I also read something around here a while ago about some FTMs "forgetting" they have breasts because it isn't wired into their brains. That's me too.  ::)

I've forgotten the male parts myself, even before getting HRT. They just never showed up on the "personal body inventory" radar...my the*apist asked if I could see those parts, of course I could...but once out of sight...they were gone.

(Hoping that's not TMI)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

MadelineB

In addition to feeling (in my head) that my body was built like a female's and experiencing sex as if my outie was an innie, I also had other phantom symptoms:

Before I started HRT, for decades I would get very tender nipples, and aching deep inside where my vagina and uterus should have been, about once a month. It was sometimes pretty painful; the closest thing I've heard described was someone whose PMS included endometriosis.
That cycling went away when I started standard high dose HRT, but can start up if I miss a dose for very long.

It is theorized that transsexuality at the minimum is an intersex condition of the brain, but I suspect that for some of us it extends to other systems. I don't know if mine was/is all brain or something more.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

Emma Morgaine

i have woken up once to feel a phantom vagina and was very sad when i didn't feel it there physically. thank you for the comments everyone! perhaps I'm "more" trans than i currently realize
:icon_flamed:
  •