News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

How Do You Handle Being A Transsexual?

Started by FreshGuy, September 16, 2013, 04:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreshGuy

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on September 16, 2013, 08:18:47 PM
Hi Freshguy, Being trans is as hard as you make it out to be. You can try to run and hide from it or you can confront your fears head on. The best advice I can give you is to find someone to talk about it with. As scary as that sounds it will get easier to talk about the more you do it. Find a good therapist who specializes in trans care. At first you don't have to go into great depth. Go at a speed that you feel comfortable with. Get to know your therapist and let them get to know you. Build up a rapport with him/her.

If you don't want to do that just yet talk with a friend or family member that you trust.

I am at the point where I am very comfortable being me; after years of being in a very similar spot as yourself.

Remember that every journey starts with a single step and its that one step that is the most difficult.

Hmm I am not exaclty running from it I am saying I am a transsexual so I would say that is pretty much head on, I am just not ready for the doctor step. People say that gender therapists are just gatekeepers anyway

I tried calling helplines but I've not been able to talk (and no one ever answers anyway)

it is just so ahrd, i need help

I have no freinds or family i can discuss this with

it is tearing me apart, i neeeeeeeeeeeddddddd helppppppppppppppp

can anybody help meee?

•  

bethany

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 08:20:26 PM
Yeah one of my threads randomly disappeared, I dunno what happened to it. I am going through a crisis, I NEED HELP!!!!!

I am in no way shape or form ready to go to my doctor and talk about this. Sorry I am not...

How do yo expect us to help you? Just because we lived through a simular situation as you, we can only tell you what got us through it. Try to tell us exactly what is going on instead of posting in all caps that you need help. You asked how did we deal with it and we told you.
  •  

Rachel

I was in a bad way in December. I meet with a Social Worker who referred me to a Therapist. She is my support person. You need a support person.
HRT  5-28-2013
FT   11-13-2015
FFS   9-16-2016 -Spiegel
GCS 11-15-2016 - McGinn
Hair Grafts 3-20-2017 - Cooley
Voice therapy start 3-2017 - Reene Blaker
Labiaplasty 5-15-2017 - McGinn
BA 7-12-2017 - McGinn
Hair grafts 9-25-2017 Dr.Cooley
Sataloff Cricothyroid subluxation and trachea shave12-11-2017
Dr. McGinn labiaplasty, hood repair, scar removal, graph repair and bottom of  vagina finished. urethra repositioned. 4-4-2018
Dr. Sataloff Glottoplasty 5-14-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal in office procedure 10-22-2018
Dr. McGinn vaginal revision 2 4-3-2019 Bottom of vagina closed off, fat injected into the labia and urethra repositioned.
Dr. Thomas in 2020 FEMLAR
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on September 16, 2013, 08:27:57 PM
How do yo expect us to help you? Just because we lived through a simular situation as you, we can only tell you what got us through it. Try to tell us exactly what is going on instead of posting in all caps that you need help. You asked how did we deal with it and we told you.

That is exactly how I expect you to help me, surely other trans people know best.

What is going on is I am a transsexual and I can't handle it, it is tearing me apart. I need help can anybody help me please i need help i really need help i want somebody to help

I can't handle my trans truth!
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Cynthia Michelle on September 16, 2013, 08:34:55 PM
I was in a bad way in December. I meet with a Social Worker who referred me to a Therapist. She is my support person. You need a support person.

I do need a support person, I need one badly.
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Miss Bungle on September 16, 2013, 09:37:22 PM
99% of the time I am the same way. But there is that friggin 1% that I can't seem to eliminate completely. It only pops up at rare times but when it does it really sucks because it lasts for hours and then it goes away. It only seems to happen a handful of random times throughout the year.

I'm not going to claim that my life is 100% free of such thoughts, but they are rare..
  •  

KayCeeDee

Sorry folks FreshGuy got booted from chat for the next week so he's your problem now :P
  •  

kelly_aus

Actually, you know what, FreshGuy, I'm going to make a statement that will likely get me in trouble, but it needs to be said..

Based on the details you have provided, I don't think you are trans at all, not even in the slightest.. I do think you need to speak to a mental health professional.

You claim not to have dysphoria, you claim to now want to be a woman - how do you get that you are trans from that?

Seriously, get some help and stop posting the same thing here over and over again, it's not helping you and it's not helping any one else.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Kelly the Post-Trans-Rebel on September 16, 2013, 09:55:24 PM
Actually, you know what, FreshGuy, I'm going to make a statement that will likely get me in trouble, but it needs to be said..

Based on the details you have provided, I don't think you are trans at all, not even in the slightest.. I do think you need to speak to a mental health professional.

You claim not to have dysphoria, you claim to now want to be a woman - how do you get that you are trans from that?

Seriously, get some help and stop posting the same thing here over and over again, it's not helping you and it's not helping any one else.

Well I don't know how to get help. For every person that says I am trans, another person says I am denial. And for every person that says I am in denial someone else says that I am not trans. The only person that can truly know is me and I don't know. Maybe I should just transition and see what happens, it will avoid this whole not knowing thing.

I dunno how to get the help I need. I have been trying for a year lol

NHS therapists have said to my face they cant help me but she was a rotten bitch anyway

counsellors just bounce me between services, i am sick of being boucned between services it is effing demeaning, i have had a rotten year in some ways, transsexualism ruined my last year of uni which should have been one of the best years of my life

I jsut don't know what to do ugh
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Do you know anything about mason jars, FreshGuy?
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

HelenW

Until you are ready to go to a doctor, a professional gender therapist, FreshGuy, you're going to be stuck.  Continually asking for help is going to get you nowhere because you are looking for someone else to take care of this for you.  Well, it ain't gonna happen.  This is something you're going to have to do by yourself.  You've been given good advice here, and in the chat rooms as well, but you keep rejecting it because, I suspect, you are afraid or unwilling to do your own work.

The ball is in YOUR court now, FreshGuy.  We can't do any more for you than what has already been done.  The next step is yours alone.
FKA: Emelye

Pronouns: she/her

My rarely updated blog: http://emelyes-kitchen.blogspot.com

Southwestern New York trans support: http://www.southerntiertrans.org/
  •  

Marissa

Quote from: This is the displayed name that people will see. on September 16, 2013, 10:22:52 PM
Do you know anything about mason jars, FreshGuy?

Alice, are you changing your name to "This is the displayed name that people will see" because that's how it's showing up right now?

Very curious where you're going with mason jars.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: Marissa on September 16, 2013, 11:04:48 PM
Alice, are you changing your name to "This is the displayed name that people will see" because that's how it's showing up right now?

Very curious where you're going with mason jars.

Yes I did the name change on purpose.

•  

Sammy

•  

Danielle Emmalee

Quote from: -Emily- on September 17, 2013, 02:12:03 AM
I am not catching up on this... Can someone enlighten me please? :)

Its probably simpler than it seems.  I changed my display name

•  

Sammy

And what is the relation with mason jars?
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Something about FreshGuy gave me the impression he would be into mason jars.

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: FreshGuy on September 16, 2013, 08:23:03 PM
Hmm I am not exaclty running from it I am saying I am a transsexual so I would say that is pretty much head on, I am just not ready for the doctor step. People say that gender therapists are just gatekeepers anyway

I tried calling helplines but I've not been able to talk (and no one ever answers anyway)

it is just so hard, i need help

I have no friends or family i can discuss this with

it is tearing me apart, i neeeeeeeeeeeddddddd helppppppppppppppp

can anybody help meee?

#1 You are limited to 14-point type

#2 Stop the trollish behavior.
  •  

FreshGuy

Quote from: Emelye on September 16, 2013, 10:58:56 PM
Until you are ready to go to a doctor, a professional gender therapist, FreshGuy, you're going to be stuck.  Continually asking for help is going to get you nowhere because you are looking for someone else to take care of this for you.  Well, it ain't gonna happen.  This is something you're going to have to do by yourself.  You've been given good advice here, and in the chat rooms as well, but you keep rejecting it because, I suspect, you are afraid or unwilling to do your own work.

The ball is in YOUR court now, FreshGuy.  We can't do any more for you than what has already been done.  The next step is yours alone.

Well tbh I don't feel like I have been helped much. Saying "go to a doctor" isn't exactly helping me handle my trans truth.
  •