Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Feminizing Foods, what to eat and what NOT to eat! Compliment your HRT

Started by Shawn Sunshine, July 31, 2014, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn Sunshine

:icon_female: The Following information which I have gathered from various sources has been approved by my own personal doctor as a healthy choice of living and aides in your overall well being and feminine appearance. However, everyone's body is different (your mileage may vary). I will also list what I know of in foods and such, that work against the effectiveness of a feminizing program.

AVOID THESE ANTI-FEMINIZING FOODS. THESE WILL INCREASE TESTOSTERONE AND HAVE A MASCULINIZING EFFECT:

Simple Carbs, like sugars or white breads, increase your insulin level. Since Insulin is related to testosterone production. Its important to not over eat these foods.

Zinc is another substance that boosts testosterone levels. This means you should avoid high zinc foods like oysters,beef,pork,turkey,chicken liver and pumpkin seeds.

Also if your taking Spironolactone (Aldactone)(Anti Androgen) in addition you should avoid the following:

High Potassium Levels will occur rapidly from this medicine, so avoid foods high in potassium. Bananas,Raisins,Prunes,Oranges,Papayas,Cantaloupes,Avocados,Honey Dew,Melons,Mangoes,Kiwis,Tomatoes,Sweet Potatoes,Pumpkin,Brussel Sprouts,Asparagus,Beef,Pork,Chicken,Cod,Trout,Salmon,Tuna,Sardines,Anchovies.

Not that you can't have any of these of course. Just try to limit the amount you eat of these.

FOODS TO EAT THAT BOOST YOURSELF AND METHODS OF EATING:

Here are some foods that will Boost naturally your Estrogen Levels and do in fact according to my doctor compliment the estrogen tablets.

Flax seeds (contain the most than another food) (Great on cereal and salads), Soy Products, Peaches (My Favorite), Raspberries,Strawberries,Alfalfa Sprouts,Winter Squash,Green Beans,Collard Greens,Broccoli,Cabbage,Lentil Beans,Chickpeas,Fennel Seed,Celery,Carrots,Asparagus,Parsley(Get The Italian Kind),Oats,Whole Grains (Wheat),Corn

Some Natural Anti Androgens that have a mild effect

White Peony, Licorice, Spearmint (Personal favorite for teas), Black Cohosh,Chaste Tree,Saw Palmetto,Red Clovers,Alfalfa,Hops

For Overall HRT Compliment:

Consume a diet that is low in fat and protein (except for soy and dairy) and high in complex carbs to increase feminine qualities. Keep your diet limited to mostly plant based sources of nutrition. Diets higher in fat can boost testosterone levels as much as 10% alone so keep it down to 20% of your Calories. Consume 5-6 smaller meals a day vs 3 big meals.

I hope the information I have provided is helpful! Some you may have already known about. Some you may have not. If anyone has anything else to offer or more information on what helps, post a response here. Having a large thread about it would be good for overall health of anyone who wants to compliment themselves.  :icon_wave:

Shawn Sunshine Strickland The Strickalator

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

mac1

Not sure just how to apply most of that. However, I havew to find some natural ways to feminize my body.
?
  •  

kelly_aus

I wouldn't be recommending anything with a greater binding affinity to estrogen receptors than estrogen, especially when it is also far less efficacious.. Soy is not an answer - and certainly not in the amounts it's consumed by western societies..

As far as avoiding simple carbs? That might have some effect early on, but even without an AA, my T level doesn't change any more.. Why? Testicular atrophy has left them non-functional.

Honestly, I'd like to see all your sources for this, as some of it goes against prior training I've had.
  •  

Emily1996

So technically all the food for feminizing are disgusting... Good to know D: (besides peaches)
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: mac1 on July 31, 2014, 03:50:35 PM
Not sure just how to apply most of that. However, I havew to find some natural ways to feminize my body.

I make salads with most of these ingredients.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Quote from: kelly_aus on July 31, 2014, 05:33:55 PM
I wouldn't be recommending anything with a greater binding affinity to estrogen receptors than estrogen, especially when it is also far less efficacious.. Soy is not an answer - and certainly not in the amounts it's consumed by western societies..

As far as avoiding simple carbs? That might have some effect early on, but even without an AA, my T level doesn't change any more.. Why? Testicular atrophy has left them non-functional.

Honestly, I'd like to see all your sources for this, as some of it goes against prior training I've had.

You can google feminine foods or feminizing foods, also google foods not to eat with anti androgen's.
I would have not posted this information unless my doctor at Lyon Martin in San Francisco had given me the nod to eat these things myself. These are all foods you already eat anyways. Also it makes sense to cut out the carbs like white bread and sugar for general health anyways.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: Shawn Sunshine on July 31, 2014, 06:17:06 PM
You can google feminine foods or feminizing foods, also google foods not to eat with anti androgen's.
I would have not posted this information unless my doctor at Lyon Martin in San Francisco had given me the nod to eat these things myself. These are all foods you already eat anyways. Also it makes sense to cut out the carbs like white bread and sugar for general health anyways.

There was a reason I asked for your sources, as mine disagree.. As does my doctor on some points.. As does my prior training.

You present this all as irrefutable fact, and the truth is that it's highly interpretable. Also, as someone who no longer produces any testicular T, eating the T boosting foods will do nothing for me - or anyone else in the same position.

I'd much rather have real estrogen binding than phytoestrogenas.. Call me crazy if you like.

•  

Jessika Lin

Quote from: kelly_aus on July 31, 2014, 06:23:50 PM
There was a reason I asked for your sources, as mine disagree.. As does my doctor on some points.. As does my prior training.

You present this all as irrefutable fact, and the truth is that it's highly interpretable. Also, as someone who no longer produces any testicular T, eating the T boosting foods will do nothing for me - or anyone else in the same position.

I'd much rather have real estrogen binding than phytoestrogenas.. Call me crazy if you like.

I'm no doctor but wouldn't the phytoestrogens end up competing with the real estrogen for receptor sites? If so, wouldn't that make HRT *less* effective?
There is no, 'One True Way'.
Pain shared is pain halved, Joy shared is joy doubled

Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.

•  

Hideyoshi

if you limit yourself to plants, twigs, and flax seeds, you might have a TINY bit better hormone levels, but you're gonna drop weight, and being gaunt in the face instead of nice and round doesn't help anybody pass...

Quote from: Emily29 on July 31, 2014, 05:54:27 PM
So technically all the food for feminizing are disgusting... Good to know D: (besides peaches)

:D :D
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Thank God for peaches!

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

There's plenty of fat in dairy, to get a round butt. Im already 305 lbs and its all male weight on my upper body, for me plants are exactly what I need.

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

Flax seed is yummy with a Granola Cereal, trust me on this one!

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •  

luna nyan

Shawn, congrats on starting HRT.

I think it's great that you are looking after yourself and have concern about how your diet may affect HRT.  I can understand the desire to move things along in a hurry.

In my opinion, the only one that you really need to worry about are the high potassium foods if you are on spiro.  The returns on the remainder is going to be marginal, and probably not worth the additional hassle.  By all means, change the diet if you have a specific aim in weight loss, but dietary supplement with phytoestrogens in your diet is not going to really help much.

I don't believe there's much harm in what you're doing, it just may be more bothersome than its worth.
Drifting down the river of life...
My 4+ years non-transitioning HRT experience
Ask me anything!  I promise you I know absolutely everything about nothing! :D
  •  

Illuminess

I can avoid meat mostly, but bananas, avocados, mangoes, and tomatoes I don't think I can.

As far as soy products make sure that it is fermented soy like tempeh or natto. Processed soy like tofu and soy milk can lead to breast cancer, brain damage, thyroid disorders, kidney stones and other issues if over-consumed in replacement of meat and dairy.

A diet that is primarily raw foods is far better for the body despite any feminizing effects. Avoiding dairy is probably a good thing, too, but don't deprive yourself of a tasty cheese once in a while.

I would think HRT would do everything you need it to do without having to resort to extremely particular food choices. Keeping things balanced in your system for optimum nutrition is far more important than any feminizing effects they may have. You don't want to be the new and improved you and be in poor health.
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •  

xponentialshift

That is basically what I have eat (except the tomatoes). All vegan, mostly raw, with occasional tempeh or a natto sushi roll if I feel like soy.
My junk food is the vegan veggie burrito at chipotle. And my dinner tomorrow and Friday will be 5lb peaches and 2 lb bananas (:
  •  

Madeline182

Quote from: Jessika Lin on July 31, 2014, 08:02:25 PM
I'm no doctor but wouldn't the phytoestrogens end up competing with the real estrogen for receptor sites? If so, wouldn't that make HRT *less* effective?

My doctorS seem to agree almost word for word..
-Dead or Alive <3
[Chorus]
"Isn't it a pity that I'm not the prettiest girl in the world, sometimes I feel when I kick up my heels in the sun,
I'm the loveliest one."

•  

Lady_Oracle

I have to disagree on the protein part. I wouldn't have my full hips/thighs if it wasn't for all the protein I consume.
  •  

Shawn Sunshine

#SupergirlsForJustice
  •