Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Minecraft is available here! Go for it!!

Started by Matthew, April 15, 2015, 12:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

Well, for those of you who don't know, yes, we have an official minecraft server!

To join, simply connect to the server through susans.org and begin playing!

When you first join, you will spawn in the all new, official Susan's Place Server Spawn. There you will see five portals, walk through one to enter whatever world you wish!

The five portals we currently have are: Skyblock, Survival, Creative, Contest and Arcade (work in progress).

If you have any issues, contact me or any of the minecraft server staff for help.

Any questions? What are you waiting for?! :)
-Matt
(SPMC Admin)
  •  

Matthew

Quick server update / tour!

Survival

As many of you know, the survival world was reset a while back due to world corruption, but now it's back and it's better than ever! You'll first enter the world with a few basic wooden tools, and from there you have to build your home block by block after mining, fighting and hunting through the world!

Creative
With this world, the only limit is your imagination. Feeling creative? Whether you have 5 hours or 5 minutes, whether you're an expert builder or an MC noob, you can get building right away! Find a spot and get building!

Skyblock
Skyblock is for those of you with more time to spare (or preparing procrastinating exams). You begin with a small island and begin by completing challenges, building farms and trying not to fall off the edge!
Do you have what it takes to climb to the top of the Skyblock leader board?

Contest
Contest is where we host our monthly server contests. Check the announcement forum to see which contest is being held this month!

Arcade
The Arcade world is currently a work in progress, and until now has been kept secret, but for now I will offer a sneak peek at what it will feature once it is open, as long as you promise not to tell anyone!
It will be a minigame world with activities you can do either single player, or with friends on the server.

Eek! Exciting times ahead!
So, what are you waiting for?

-Matt
Minecraft Admin
  •  

Cindy

Listen people we have a great Minecraft area for those who want to interact.

Great Admin in Matt and great staff. They will help you out to learn what to do.

How about giving it a go?

Great way to make friends!!!!
  •  

Sabrina

Is there any plans for a modded minecraft mode like Feed the Beast? I recently started playing again but find it difficult to play alone.
- Sabrina

•  

Matthew

We won't be having modded modes on the server due to it being harder for some people to access the server if it were modded and the extra strain on the server it would cause.

Ain't nothing wrong with a bit o' vanilla in my opinion however! Our game modes / worlds certainly aren't boring :)
  •  

Kibi

I had a chance to jump onto this server today, and it had a very nice feel to it.  One suggestion for the Lobby would be to lock people onto the paths (yes, I was victimized...)

/give @p minecraft:barrier 64

Anyhow, look forward to jumping on sometime in the future.
I go by many names... I have identity issues.
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: Kibi on October 13, 2015, 03:55:01 PM
I had a chance to jump onto this server today, and it had a very nice feel to it.  One suggestion for the Lobby would be to lock people onto the paths (yes, I was victimized...)

Heh. If you do get yourself stuck, remember you can always /spawn to return to the spawn point.

I'll definitely take your suggestion into consideration though - thanks :)
  •  

AbbyKat

At the risk of being attacked by desktop PC gaming purists, I would like to ask...

Any chance there will ever be a server on PS4 (or any console)?  *ducks*
  •  

Matthew

Quote from: Abysha on December 20, 2015, 01:24:51 PM
Any chance there will ever be a server on PS4 (or any console)?  *ducks*

Not all versions of Minecraft for consoles are able to access global servers - I know of some that are able to access local servers but not all. Not being a console peasant myself ( ;) ) , I'm unable to be 100% sure on what can or can't access our server, although I will say that access will be unlikely from consoles.
  •  

Shandril

Console servers must be hosted on a console not a pc and there is no cross compatibility between pc,ps3,ps4,xbox etc..

In other words you could if you wanted to leave tue console online 24/7 but only people on the hosts friends list can join the worlds unless its on a pc.

~Shan~

•  

AbbyKat

Thank you both for the answers.  I didn't think of the fact that the host would have to leave their PS4 on 24/7.  Maybe I'll buy an extra PS4 someday and just use it as a server.
  •  

Shandril

Ya its silly its not cross platform.

~Shan~

•  

Chloëjade

well you can make it where any one can join. i always have mine set to friends only and have online shut off unless some one wants to join and then i switch it :) But other wise Shandril is right you would have to leave the console running for people to jump in out of :) Also it's 9:30 pm pst and i can't get the server to connect. is it down for maintence or just down?
Chloë Jade
  •  

Matthew

Unfortunately, the Minecraft server is temporarily down. We're working on getting it back up ASAP - apologies for any inconvenience!!!
  •  

Christy82

I have a question about the survival part.  What are we allowed to do?  Do we just go in and start punching some trees and go from there?

I'm still a noob at minecraft   :)
  •  

Matthew

Christy: the aim in survival is to mine, slay (animals, not players) and build.

Punching trees is a good way to get building at first, as long as you either replant said tree or do it in a way you wouldn't consider to be griefing (the replant policy is the easiest way to get trees).

If you explore the spawn area you can see examples of what other people have created, and you will also see the survival shop where you can buy items to help you in game. :)

I recommend getting essential items to build a farm and travel somewhere a little distant, get your own farm and mines set up and work from there.

Have fun!
  •  

amandaholland

Quote from: Matthew on April 15, 2015, 12:27:06 PM
If you have any issues, contact me or any of the minecraft server staff for help.
Any questions? What are you waiting for?! :)
-Matt
(SPMC Admin)

for one, i'd like to join the minecraft server
two, i can't look at anyone's profile, even yours, nor even edit my own.
keeps telling me i don't have access, yet i did the email verification. so i can't message you directly. i hope you view this thread sometime soon.
  •  

Dena

It appears you haven't looked at the links that were given you in your first post. Things remain pretty locked down until you reach 15 quality posts. After that most everything will unlock and about the only thing that will remain locked for more posts is your ability to give reputation points. Matt will most likely see this thread sometime tomorrow and send you a PM with any information you will need. You will be able to read the PM, just not send one.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

amandaholland

Quote from: Dena on March 06, 2016, 11:43:28 PM
It appears you haven't looked at the links that were given you in your first post. Things remain pretty locked down until you reach 15 quality posts. After that most everything will unlock and about the only thing that will remain locked for more posts is your ability to give reputation points. Matt will most likely see this thread sometime tomorrow and send you a PM with any information you will need. You will be able to read the PM, just not send one.
thanks Dena
  •