Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What are you driving??

Started by SashaGrace, October 31, 2015, 07:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SashaGrace

I couldn't find a topic like this anywhere so I thought, as a self confessed petrolhead, I'd start one and be nosey, see what all you lovely guys and girls are driving.

I'm currently rocking my Mum tank, a 2008 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Premium Geartronic and I love it. It's my third Volvo in a row and I can't see us being without a Volvo now. I've had all sorts of cars, from hot hatches to 4x4's and we are currently looking for a new Mini for my fiancee though we are after a Clubman for the little one and the pets.

So here's mine, now I wanna see yours :)

I should have mentioned, I used to be a professional detailer and I am very sad when it comes to cleaning the car! It now has my private plate on it and a few other mods but I'm not putting up a recent pic as they were taken 2 months ago; 5,000 miles later, it still hasn't had a wash because I've been busy so it's rank!

I wanna see yours now, lets have a car talk thread! xx
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

RaptorChops

2003 Chevy S-10 with the extended cab. Bought it when I was a senior in high school. I'm 30 now and it's still moving along nicely. It's rear wheel drive and an absolute disaster in the snow. It's just good for hauling some stuff :P. I've been thinking about getting a Subaru but I kind of just want to stick with what I have until it's on its last leg.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I dunno.
  •  

SashaGrace

Oooh nice :) I've had a Subaru but I sold it after 5 weeks due to the image they have over here; driven by baseball cap wearing muscly guys, usually with huge silly exhausts and speeding sideways everywhere! Mine was a blob eye Impreza sport hatch WRX STi in blue with gold wheels of course lol.

Cracking cars and indestructible things! I love the AWD on my Volvo though, it's great in the snow and it's now showing 148,000 miles and you'd never tell  :angel:
'Yea though I walk through the shadow of the valley of death, I will fear no evil.' Psalm 23, Verse 4
  •  

captains

What a painful topic. I'm currently in mourning.  :'( Recently parted with the absolute love of my life, a cherry red 2004 Acura RSX. My poor baby. Lost and alone, out in the cold cruel world without me in the driver's seat.

Okay, I'm exaggerating -- but only a little! I really did love that car from pseudo-futuristic dash to its leather seats to its doofy lil tail fin. And it drove so beautifully. I used to make trips up and down the U.S. west coast. Would've kept this car until I drove it into the ground, tbh, but I needed the money. So I paid my tuition, but at what cost? [More gross sobbing]

- cameron
  •  

SashaGrace

Lovely! In red too, me likey! They're badged as a Honda Integra over here and are quite rare, especially in the coveted Type R form :D

I'm starting to look like a boring old woman with my Volvo haha. I used to have an Alfa Romeo 159. Does that count haha. We've had 8 cars in the last 4 years between us but I've had the Volvo for a while now. Love it  :angel:

Shame your RSX had to go, but I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement before long!! xx
  •  

captains

Ah, the Volvo's grand, though. Definitely a mom car (;)), but only because they're so nice and dependable. I'd drive one, for sure.

No new cars for me, sadly! I moved back over to your side of the Atlantic, and if I'm honest, the wires are still a little bit crossed re: which side of the road to drive on. :D I've almost died on my bike upwards of a dozen times now. Put me behind a wheel, and god only knows what'd happen.
- cameron
  •  

SashaGrace

Haha, you wouldn't say that if you came across it lol, 2.4 5 cylinder diesel Polestar mapped to 205bhp, 450nm torque :D It's faster than my Alfa was, but that was a 1.9 diesel. With doing 30,000 miles ish a year, something nice and comfy was needed. Also, I need an auto these days as I had a huge, near fatal crash 4 years ago as a passenger and I nearly lost a leg and it crushed my spine so I have some bad spinal discs, making clutch pedals hard work!

I gave up riding a motorbike for this!! I used to have a 2004 Burnt Orange Suzuki SV650 with lots of mods!

Yeah, I hired a car on holiday in Spain last year; I was fine over there but when I came back :O I was awful lol
  •  

Stevie

I drive a Toyota Sienna van, your Volvo look like a sports car compared to it. My favorite car was 67 VW bug cabriolet (convertable) was such a fun car to drive.
  •  

Dena

My neighbor thinks I drive a very unfeminine car but I still love it. I have a 96 Ford Mustang GT with the 4.6 L engine, 5 speed manual in Pacific green. When I went to buy it, I told the salesman that was the only color I didn't want but it was year end and the selection was very limited. Naturally I nicknamed the car Kermit as the result of the song "It's not easy being green".
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Anna33

Beautiful cars girls!!! I drive a ford SUV. But moving permanently to the uk soon and hoping to get myself a volkswagen beetle (dream car)

Mustangs are hot!!! And you sure look fabulous driving it! xx

Clara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The truth is, I often like women. I like their unconventionality. I like their completeness. I like their anonymity. - Virginia Woolf
  •  

BridgetYvonne

I have the same 2001 Chevy Cavalier I bought in '02. Champagne in color. I will keep it until I have to get rid of it. It's one of the few items I have from my Male days. When I bought the car, guys would joke that I have a 'chick car' Now that I will be a full chick by Apr '16, I guess I bought the right car.
  •  

kaitylynn

Katherine Lynn M.

You've got a light that always guides you.
You speak of hope and change as something good.
Live your truth and know you're not alone.

The restart - 20-Oct-2015
Legal name and gender change affirmed - 27-Sep-2016
Breast Augmentation (Dr. Gupta) - 27-Aug-2018
  •  

cheryl reeves

I drive a 08 Chrysler town and country,our second one,,the 08 has stow and go and the slide doors have windows I can roll down. We're thinking of trading for a Ford f150 with 4 doors
  •  

KathyLauren

I drive a 2008 Honda Fit.  Not very sexy, but it sure is practical.  Kind of like me, I guess.  :)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Cindy

I drive what you see!
Hot and sexy, just like..........
  •  

JLT1

I have a black 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8 that I drive when it is warm.  470 horse power pumped out of a monster 6.4 liter Hemi.    Winter time sees me in a 2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 4X4. Hey, I live in MN USA.  Winter is 5 months of the year. 

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

sweetbriar9

'49 Studebaker pickup with a whopping 60 horsepower!
Just born too late, and apparently in the wrong package too.
  •  

JLT1

Quote from: sweetbriar9 on November 01, 2015, 12:15:55 AM
'49 Studebaker pickup with a whopping 60 horsepower!

A little low on hp but tons of cool!

Hugs
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Katiepie

I have a red 2002 Jeep Liberty Ltd Canadian model. Due to my being lazy and having excuses to not go to a car wash, and can't wash it at the apartments, I've accumulated enough dust and dirt on it to finger draw hearts on the windows.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Elsa Delyth

2002 black grand am GTS. I plan to buy a truck pretty soon though, for utility, I prefer the car, but getting old.
"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution." Emma Goldman.
  •