Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Guilty Pleasures?

Started by Matthew, December 26, 2015, 05:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

We all have guilty pleasures when it comes to music, and lately I've been wallowing in a pit of comforting music that I am ashamed to admit to enjoying to such an extent.

I'll post some of mine below, and I encourage people to do the same - we might even find more music to add to the guilty pleasure list :)

(Note: music discussed herein isn't necessarily bad music, it is just music that we enjoy secretly - as an example I would struggle to admit my love to Jeff Buckley to friends, being a metal head)

My usual music is typical metal, ranging through death metal to nu / hard rock. I also occasionally enjoy hip hop, but lately I've been feeling serious ABBA, Mamas & Papas and Gloria Gaynor vibes.

•  

Elis

I've recently started listening to ABBA too  :D. I've also started listening to Wannabe by the Spice Girls  and Staying Alive by the Bee Gees. Also La Vida Loca. No idea why  ::)
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Katiepie

I know a long time ago I was strictly modern rock, and metal.
My musical likes grew to classical, to jazz, big band, bluegrass, country.
More recently by watching the series Empire, I have grown an appreciation to hip hop and rap, even though 3 years ago I would go out of my way to change a song if it was rap lol.
My guilty pleasures in artists bands and such are Dixie Chicks, Miranda Lambert, Indila (French pop), and big bad voodoo daddy.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

Oh, I love a bit of ABBA. Shameless cheesy pop.

I'd class a guilty pleasure as an objectively awful song I enjoy, so Joe Dolce's Shaddap You Face is one of those.
- Kim
  •  

King Malachite

I used to be a big heavy metal fan, but nowadays I mostly listen to video game/anime music.  However, the song below is one that I would consider a guilty pleasure of mine, and it's heavy metal (yet, still related to video game music, so it still qualifies, lol).

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

PastyPrincess

I generally listen to a lot of metal and hard rock, however recently I've started to take a liking to more electronically based music, such as Wolfgang Gartner and Deadmau5, as sort of a "guilty pleasure", per se,

However, I feel one shouldn't have guilt over what kind of music they like to listen to, it's not particularly shameful to enjoy a song regardless of how society received it.
Seventeen and strung out on confusion,
Seventeen and coming clean for the first time,
no mom and dad will never understand,
what's happening to me.
  •  

Angela Drakken

•  

Geeker

I know it's been a while since there was a post in this thread, but i figured it was worth bring up a zombie.

For guilty pleasure music lately its been an eclectic mix; Alestorm, Dido, Liquid Mind and Weird Al.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •  

TicTac

This is so fricking ridicules though. If someone judges you based on what you listen to then give them the bird and keep walking. Life is too short to stress over this honestly.
  •  

big kim

•  

zirconia

Karate by Babymetal?

But I need another 222 posts before I can post a link...
  •