Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Are Facial Team good for lip lift and augmentation, and rhinoplasty?

Started by Willowicious, May 29, 2016, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willowicious

Heya! My friend who underwent surgery at Facial Team was impressed with the results on her brow and jawline, but had mixed feelings about her lip lift/ augmentation and rhinoplasty, so was wondering if people could comment on their experiences of these surgeries at Facial Team? :)

•  

Paula1

•  

bunny girl

+ tracheal shave with Facial Team please, if anyone has experience...
  •  

Willowicious

Quote from: Paula1 on May 29, 2016, 04:05:30 PM
Hi,

Please have a look at my latest post on my thread: 

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,199847.msg1861381.html#msg1861381

I am very happy with their nose and upper lip lift.

Looks like they did some really good work! Thanks! :D

•  

Paula1

•  

shoko

Absolutely avoid Dr. Bellinga at FT for rhinoplasty and lip lift!  He leaves a huge unhidden scar for the lip lift (which isn't even symmetrical) and is very cavalier about what you want for the rhinoplasty.  I'm living with the regret and my nose needs to be redone if only to fix the obstruction inside.  I don't know if it's possible to even redo the lip lift
  •  

shoko

Quote from: bunny girl on May 29, 2016, 07:11:47 PM
+ tracheal shave with Facial Team please, if anyone has experience...

Tracheal shave was okay, scar is off center but small.  We'll see if it comes back but so far not bad at all
  •  

Paula1

Hi Shoko,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your result.

My complex open rhinoplasty revision scar and upper lip lift scar with him is looking very good so far and it's only 9 weeks since the surgery. He had to remove cartilage from both ears to rebuild my nose and it took him two and a half hours to do whereas the relative simple forehead reconstruction only took 90 minutes.

You should have seen the mess I was in 9 weeks after both these procedures were done in Illinois, USA back in 2004.

BUT I was patient and they healed perfectly well in the end after 9 to 12 months and then my only beefs were that this surgeon made my nose way too small for my face, removed virtually all the soft tissue from the tip and the upper lip lift was far too conservative.

So I reckon that in a few more months I will be more than happy with Dr Bellinga's work.

In July which will be 15 weeks after the surgery, if necessary when I am back in Marbella for a check-up, Dr B will inject some Kenalog ( steroid ) in my nose especially the right hand side which always remains more swollen in my case. It was like that in 2004 but after the Illinois surgeon injected it with Kenalog a couple of times over the 12 months healing period, it settled down nicely so I am not in the least concerned.

It's amazing how long the soft tissue takes to settle down. In most cases a patient will not see the full result of a rhinoplasty and/or upper lip lift for at least 12 months, sometimes longer.

I know about all this because this was my third rhinoplasty and so far has been the best.

I have followed their post-operative instructions to the letter using Musk Rose Oil on the scars  two weeks after surgery for one week and then Dermatix Gel for another four weeks on the scars.

I e-mailed Dr B via Laura my patient-coordinator and asked "Can I continue with the Dermatix Gel for longer as it has really helped with settling down the open rhinoplasty and upper lip lift scars" and he said 'Yes'.

If required, any revisions can't be done for much longer than just 3 to 4 months after any rhinoplasty surgery.

I believe that 12 months is the minimum but I might be wrong.

Take care

Paula

Quote from: shoko on June 10, 2016, 01:46:28 PM
Absolutely avoid Dr. Bellinga at FT for rhinoplasty and lip lift!  He leaves a huge unhidden scar for the lip lift (which isn't even symmetrical) and is very cavalier about what you want for the rhinoplasty.  I'm living with the regret and my nose needs to be redone if only to fix the obstruction inside.  I don't know if it's possible to even redo the lip lift

•  

Paula1

Hi Shoko,

Are you willing to share your fotos on here or would you like to pm them to me in confidence.

It's horrible when a patient is not happy with their result as I have been down the years up to my recent successful surgery with Facial Team.

Quote from: Paula1 on June 10, 2016, 07:02:20 PM
Hi Shoko,

Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your result.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

•  

Paula1

Finally throughout my dealings with Dr Bellinga both in London and in Marbella, I have found him and his colleagues totally professional, very attentive to my needs and worries which is what I have always wanted from any surgeon(s) practice.

My experience is here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,199847.0.html
  •  

tidalflames

Jumping in here, as I am in Rhinoplasty thoughts myself.

I havent had Rhinoplasty so far from any FFS surgerons, but from two "regular" very experienced Plasticsurgeons
with a pretty bad result.

The first ended up with a hanging columnella as he took too much cartilage and the second one ended up with Polybeak deformity and lots of scaring. The second one also made me look even more masculine, although I was very specific about the fact that Im Transgender and trying to make my face more female.

It just seems like noses is the holy grail when it comes to plastic surgery. Specially if you got thick skin (like me)

My surgeons never offered me Kenalog injections , and very little aftercare so I guess thats actually an important thing aswell.

Paula: Your pictures looks fantastic by the way(you deserve the best after that botched work before). I can totally relate to how you must have felt before your previous surgeons.

My biggest concecerns with Bellinga is simply that he is "too young" and lacks the experience to handle "complicated" revisions, but on the other hand... both of my doctors were suppose to be the best in Scandinavia and failed so thats not the ultimate argument eighter.
  •  

Paula1

Hi Tidalflames,

I am sorry to hear about your rhinoplasty problems.

Quote from: tidalflames on June 21, 2016, 03:19:25 PM
Jumping in here, as I am in Rhinoplasty thoughts myself.

I havent had Rhinoplasty so far from any FFS surgerons, but from two "regular" very experienced Plasticsurgeons
with a pretty bad result.

The first ended up with a hanging columnella as he took too much cartilage and the second one ended up with Polybeak deformity and lots of scaring. The second one also made me look even more masculine, although I was very specific about the fact that Im Transgender and trying to make my face more female.

It just seems like noses is the holy grail when it comes to plastic surgery. Specially if you got thick skin (like me)

My surgeons never offered me Kenalog injections , and very little aftercare so I guess thats actually an important thing aswell.

Paula: Your pictures looks fantastic by the way(you deserve the best after that botched work before). I can totally relate to how you must have felt before your previous surgeons.

That's very kind of you, thank you.

My biggest concecerns with Bellinga is simply that he is "too young" and lacks the experience to handle "complicated" revisions, but on the other hand... both of my doctors were suppose to be the best in Scandinavia and failed so thats not the ultimate argument eighter.

Before I allowed him to touch my nose, I researched his CV very thoroughly and he has had a lot of experience.

See:  http://www.marbellahighcare.com/en/jimenez-bellinga-raul/

Then I decided to go with him at the same time as my forehead surgery was done by his colleagues at Facial Team.

Best thing to do is to chat to him either in person or by skype and then decide.

It's a big decision for sure because the nose is so vital to anyone's appearance.

Good luck ...  :)

Hugs

Paula
  •