Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Chest and belly hair

Started by Alora, November 23, 2016, 05:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alora

What is the best way to deal with unwanted chest and belly hair?

Loves 💋❤️💋
  •  

Dena

From what I understand, the blocker may eliminate the problem. If not, laser or electrolysis if you want to remove it permanently. Other than that, there are a number of solution from shaving to waxing that will eliminate it for a while. If you have permanent removal in mind, stick with shaving so the hair root isn't distorted or permanent hair removal will be much more difficult.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Deborah

I didn't have all that much to begin with but HRT has virtually eliminated what I did have.  Before that, regular shaving took care of it.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
André Gide, Autumn Leaves
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Sophia Sage

I wasn't ever hirsute, but I had plenty of it.  Six months into HRT (spiro+estradiol) and it dramatically dissipated.

In the meantime, shaving is your best bet, for all the reasons stated.  That said, I went the route of epilation (a rotary mechanical epilator) because I just couldn't stand it. 
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

Alora

I'm curious how many you shave your arm pits or did you go the electrolysis route?
  •  

Deborah

I shave mine once a month or so.  In that time very little grows anymore.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Michelle_P

Yeah, like Deb, perhaps monthly.  I was blessed with almost no body hair, less than 100 dark, non-vellus hairs on my chest, back, legs and arms. 

I feel incredibly fortunate in this, and I know I just got really lucky.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Michelle_P on November 25, 2016, 11:13:14 AM
I feel incredibly fortunate in this, and I know I just got really lucky.
Me too, before HRT I had zero hairs on my back and maybe one or two per square inch on my upper chest.  My arm hairs were fairly light and went no further up than my elbow.  Even my leg hairs were not particularly thick.  What was on my legs was almost completely killed by HRT.

I kind of wonder how all that came to be despite the fact that my T was well above average.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Alora on November 25, 2016, 09:19:57 AM
I'm curious how many you shave your arm pits or did you go the electrolysis route?

After many years, my wife convinced me to shave my arm pits.  I soon found that to be much more pleasant. Would also like to be able to eliminate facial and body hair.
?
  •  

Alora

Quote from: mac1 on November 25, 2016, 12:50:26 PM
After many years, my wife convinced me to shave my arm pits.  I soon found that to be much more pleasant. Would also like to be able to eliminate facial and body hair.

Baby steps... I shaved my armpits and chest hairs. At first it felt a little sticky fresh out of the shower, but it feels so smooth. My confidence is already being boosted. I do have a question about deodorants. Is there a difference between men's and women's?
  •  

Deborah

The only difference in deodorants is in the scent and in the packaging.  Beyond that, they both work the same way.

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: Deborah on November 25, 2016, 02:25:47 PM
The only difference in deodorants is in the scent and in the packaging.
And the price.  A recent media investigation showed that products marketed for women retailed at a higher price than the identical product marketed for men.  Basically, it costs extra to have pink ink on the packaging.

Yes, deodorants, and many other products are the same.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

mac1

Quote from: KathyLauren on November 27, 2016, 07:01:51 PM
And the price.  A recent media investigation showed that products marketed for women retailed at a higher price than the identical product marketed for men.  Basically, it costs extra to have pink ink on the packaging.

Yes, deodorants, and many other products are the same.

That is because if your marketing convinces women the product is unique and they need it, they will pay any price for it.

However, this thread has gotten off topic.
?
  •  

Alora

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this question or not... well here goes, what to expect when you make an appointment to have your pubic hairs removed via electrolysis?

How did you approach the situation and what was your experience like?

Loves 💋❤️💋
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Alora;
My strong recommendation is that you should get Laser treatment for both your chest (or décolleté to give it its proper female name) and your stomach and lower abdomen.

Basically you will need to get it waxed and then two weeks later have it it lasered. Obviously it helps off you are on HRT.

I have had mine done (including my underarms) and only get an occasional black hair appearing. In terms of my Pubic Hair I have had a Brazilian which basically leaves just a landing strip as a vertical line, rather than a Hollywood which is a complete removal. However before that I basically just had waxing and laser to leave me with my pubis region similar to a female i.e. an inverted small triangle, but for the summer when wearing a swimsuit/bikini I find the Brazilian to be the best option.

If you are on HRT, you may find that you only need 1-3 treatments.
Best Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

Sophia Sage

Quote from: Alora on November 27, 2016, 07:13:57 PMwhat to expect when you make an appointment to have your pubic hairs removed via electrolysis?

Expect it to hurt.

QuoteHow did you approach the situation and what was your experience like?

Most electrologists won't do this.  Some will, though.  You'll have to call around.  They'll likely charge more.  And when you're getting it done, if for any reason you give evidence of being aroused by it, they'll either turn up the juice or just kick you out. 

What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

Anne Blake

The end of this week is my one year anniversary for HRT. I did not have a lot of body hair before but what I did have dwindled to almost nothing between the six month mark and now. My upper legs, particularly the inner thighs had been a lot of trouble shaving, always ingrown hairs. They have cleared enough to only need shaving once a month and have not had ingrown hair problems for a few months now. I still shave my underarms about once a week, mostly out of habit because the hair growth has slowed way down.

I have been getting electrolysis for facial hair at E3k in the Dallas area, a couple of months ago I began to include the groin area in preparation for surgery. The technicians there have treated me with great respect and kindness. They realize that it is very awkward for us and they do their best for us to feel comfortable. They also use lidocaine injections numbing the area so there is no fear of physical response though I doubt there would be one with the pain involved even without the injections. 
  •  

Violets

After six months on HRT there was a noticeable reduction of hair on my arms and legs. However, after two years, I still have more hair on those areas than a cis female, particularly on my legs above the knees. :(

Before starting HRT, I'd already had the hair on my chest, stomach and lower back lasered, so I can't really comment on those areas other than to say none of it has grown back.

•  

KathyLauren

I never had much body hair, being a DES "son".  I did have a couple of dozen chest hairs that looked kinda gross on my new boobs.  I shaved them for a while, but these days I can't even find them.  Occasionally, I'll catch a glint of light off one of them, so some of them are still there, but they are white, fine and silky now.  That's at five months on S & E.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •