Author Topic: GRS with Sidhbh Gallagher in Indianapolis -My Experience  (Read 3161 times)

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
GRS with Sidhbh Gallagher in Indianapolis -My Experience
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:29 am »
Hi all!

For people in Indiana or the Midwest, or anywhere in the US for that matter, the Transgender Health Care program has recently been developed by Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis. Eskenazi started the program in 2014, and all staff members been trained in WPATH standards. I tried to submit a link to this program’s website, but I don’t know if it’s been added. This program has a primary care physician (Dr. Janine Fogel) and a GRS surgeon (Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher) who’s been working solo for the last two years. Dr. Gallagher is 100% focused on trans-related surgeries, both MTF and FTM. I'm sorry if that sounds like a sales pitch, It's not, I'm still kicking myself that this available in Indiana.

I’m currently 3 weeks post-op after GRS with Dr. Sidhbh (pronounced “Sive”) Gallagher. She’s Irish, and trained in the Netherlands and also trained with Dr. Reed in Miami. She doesn’t have any image results posted -- but I can tell you from what I have seen and experienced, it’s very consistent with what you would expect from the current group of GRS surgeons in the US. Right now she has very good availability, but she’s only doing insurance work so there isn’t a “Cash Price” to give anyone.

My experience may be a little different than that of many here, I transitioned in 2003, completed my legal docs in 2004, and then had FFS and an orchiectomy in 2005. Since money failed to grow on my money trees to pay for GRS, I just got on with life and put it on the back burner where it stayed until December of last year, 2016. That’s when I found out that my insurance was adding coverage for GRS starting in 2017. 

Needless to say, I called Dr. Gallagher’s office on January 1st, 2017. They follow the WPATH requirements for GRS and since I had already jumped through of those hoops years ago, it was just a matter of getting updated letters from my therapist and the GRS referral and HRT history from my primary care physician because your documentation cannot be more than 12 months old. Yes, it’s  a rather comical request considering I’ve lived as myself now for 15 years nut in the end, it was easier to update the materials then make a fuss about it. My therapist were more than happy to update my initial letters -- at minimal cost.

Dr. Gallagher's program coordinator walked me through the requirements, requested my insurance information and sent me some additional documents about the surgery, and basic guidelines. Nicole, the Surgery Coordinator, verifies insurance prior to scheduling a consultation -- so there are no surprises. She then gave me a consultation date in mid-February. She then informed me that all the mental health and doctor referral letters were due at that time. According to Dr. Gallagher,  the biggest obstacle to obtaining an actual surgery date is the hair removal, which does require. Again, since this is something I had contemplated doing over 12 years ago, I had already completed most of that as well -- and only a minor touch-up was necessary.

When using insurance, as in my case, once you have the consultation and get the green light, they will submit the insurance information and get approval for the surgery (whether it’s MTF bottom or FTM top surgery). Apparently, the time involved with that approval can vary by insurance companies significantly. My documentation was solid, so I could focus on meeting Dr. Gallagher. Her bold Irish accent and engaging personality during the consultation were a joy. They took some pictures from the insurance documentation and we talked about the details of the Vaginoplasty and she showed me some before and afters. The entire consult was about 45 minutes and I felt really comfortable with her experience and approach.

Fortunately, I was prepared enough fulfilling the requirements that my surgery was scheduled 6 weeks out, pending Insurance authorization (which only took another 5 days). Even though I knew my surgery would be approved, getting the letter in the mail from the insurance company that read “We are pleased to approve your surgery” was a surreal moment that I hadn’t quite expected. I’ve had a lot of surgery which I paid for out of pocket, so this was a welcome change. I have to give Nicole, the Surgery Coordinator some props here, because I know she’d probably had about enough of my anxiety-laden emails worrying that everything might fall apart at the last minute. Thankfully, my paranoia was unfounded.

From that point, it was just about preparing for surgery and the recovery, which I’ve already been through on a few occasions with other FFS surgeries. My previous surgeries had been done outside the US and without insurance but they came as a result of a lot more planning and preparation. On this occasion, all I had to do was drive downtown and show up. No language barriers either. There are trade-offs however, and much of it tied to our own expectations and who’s paying the bill. Personally, I find it surprising how much control we surrender for our own care to rigid protocols and insurance oversight inside the US. This is an entirely different conversation however, so I’ll just get on with it.

Eskenazi Hospital, like their Transgender Care program in Indianapolis, is fairly new. It’s a behemoth of blue and green glass, artwork, and color-coded elevators. It’s the definition of a State-of-the-Art US Hospital and ground zero for my GRS surgery destination. I arrived at 5:30 am on surgery day and made my way to one of the most well-regarded burn centers in the country. Yes, that’s right, the burn center. All the GRS surgeries are done in one of two, dedicated ORs at the Fairbanks Burn Center inside the hospital. In addition to the gleaming ORs, they have 16 private recovery suites with critical nursing care while you in their unit. I was also informed that all staff had been trained by Dr. Gallagher on the unique care and sensitivities of their GRS patients.  After getting through the intake process, and changing into a gown, I was wheeled into the OR.

Now I’ve been in ORs before, but this one was over the top and completely overwhelming on several levels. The first things that struck me were the sheer number of people involved, all white-suited-up and ready to assume their surgical roles. There were easily 8 people there to greet me, if not more. And all of these people were focused on me. On my surgery. Being at the center of that was not lost on me. Being Trans at that moment didn’t matter; I was a patient, and they were waiting to contribute to making my surgery successful. The second thing that blew me away was the brightness of the room and the high-tech equipment that seemed to line every wall of this room. The main overhead surgical lights looked as though they were designed for the movie Avatar.  It was stunning. There were hands all over, a few introductions, and then a transfer to the OR table. I remember It being warm in there even without clothes. Then, I heard someone mumbling something about an IV, followed by the inevitable clear mask being placed over my mouth. Then POOF, I time warped 6.5 hours to my recovery suite.

I always like the time-warping part of surgery -- but the entire surgical experience is pretty anti-climatic. I try to explain that to people like this: Imagine you love Star Wars movies, and you suddenly find out there a new one coming out in 6 months. So you get really excited about it, and start planning the whole day around seeing this movie. First, it’s 6 months out then 4, then 2, then 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day...and you show up to watch the movie you have been dying to see. The movie starts and then just-like-that, the movie skips to the end credits. This is surgery. You wait, plan, anticipate -- but you don’t actually experience it. I suppose, in the end, that’s a good thing. Part of me always feels a little cheated. I guess the other part of me knows better.

Anyway, I woke up in my hospital suite to the usual shouting and poking. It never seems to fail at his juncture that you get surprised with some horrendous pain emanating from somewhere OTHER than the actual surgery location. This was no different. The very first thing that struck me was the intense pain on the bottom outside of my feet, which I would soon discover, was from having them locked in stirrups for over 6 hours. All I could do at that moment was mutter, “ My Feet!” before everything went all hazy again. Within minutes, I’m guessing, the nurses woke me back up and subdued the pain (all of it) with a Dilaudid pump. This gave me this unassuming and delightful little button that allowed me to self-inject meds for pain once every 10 minutes. I lasted 20 minutes, until I was a babbling idiot and asleep once again. After a couple rounds of this pump and snooze routine, I regained my composure while riding high on the adrenaline-fueled recovery wagon. I was feeling pretty darn good that night and into the next day. And like all the surgeries before, that initial recover jolt never lasts. The 2nd day after major surgery is always the most difficult, as all the anesthesia dissipates from your system and your body starts processing the surgical trauma. This time was no different.

I’m going to just skip over the next three days of dealing with pain, bowel movements, and catheters and say this, The nurses were absolutely amazing. They were on top of everything, from getting me cleaned from my own messes and prodding me to order food. The Physical Therapist came on the 2nd day after surgery and got me up and walking around, and then sitting in a chair for more than an hour. From that point, I felt like i had gotten over the hump -- and every day since has been an improvement over the previous day.

Three days after surgery, I went home -- a 30-minute drive across town. If you think for a second that travel isn’t a significant contributor to your surgery outcome, I’m here to tell you otherwise. Having done the travel thing several times, mostly out of the country, I was overjoyed that I’d be home in just a half hour.  But even this short of a trip -- let alone a trip involving several hours of air travel, and likely multiple connecting flights -- causes significant stress on your system and your wounds.  A half hour in the car was plenty. I cannot express how fortunate I feel because I was able to avoid most of the travel-related discomfort I’d experienced with previous surgeries. Small victories.

I’ve had two follow up appointments with Dr. Gallagher, with another one scheduled a week from now. Having the ability to do post-surgery follow-ups with your GRS surgeon is incredibly reassuring. If something were to happen and required attention, it’s a real comfort knowing you don’t have to find someone else to look at it. Besides meeting with her, I have provided her with ongoing image updates, so she can review my healing progress. This has also worked out very well, in terms of my questions and her feedback.

Currently, I’m up and around, doing dilation 4-5 times a day. There’s still some swelling and it’s been a chore regaining control of my bladder -- but it continues to improve. I don’t want to sit on any hard chairs for more than a few minutes, but I’ve given myself enough time for recovery at home that I won’t have to do this for a few more weeks. For now, I’ll just keep on doing what I’ve been doing, and stay focused on letting my body adjust to these very significant changes. There have been so many times during my journey where I’ve tried to convince myself that GRS wasn’t the end-all be-all of transition mainly because I didn’t think I would get there. I’ve been completely humbled by the experience and overwhelmed by a sense of freedom and liberation that this surgery has given me. I finally feel like I'm finally at that place where no one can take it away from me and that’s a spectacular feeling.

Here’s the basic information about the Eskenazi Transgender Care program and Dr. Gallagher. This is an excellent resource for people who live in Indianapolis and in the state of Indiana. It could also be helpful for people throughout the Midwest. As far as I know, availability and access all depend on your current insurance coverage.

I’ll answer whatever questions I can but I’m not involved with the Transgender Care program or any healthcare provider, I’m simply a patient who had GRS through the program and tries to be supportive of the Trans Community in Indianapolis.

Emmaloo

Sidhbh Gallagher M.D.
http://www.eskenazihealth.edu/doctors/sidhbh-gallagher

She currently takes patients with GCS insurance coverage only.

Practice contact information is as follows:

Nicole Jackson
Transgender Surgical Program Coordinator
Office of Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher
IU Health Physicians Plastic Surgery
(317) 880-8582
(317) 880-0577 fax
njackson4@iuhealth.org

Eskenazi Health Transgender Health & Wellness Program
http://www.eskenazihealth.edu/health-services/transgender-care
Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!

Offline Devlyn Marie

• Former Links Admin
Re: GRS with Sidbhb Gallagher in Indianapolis -My Experience
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:56:19 am »
Hi EmmaLoo, congratulations!  I just wanted to let you know that the link is in our pending folder. 'pending on whenever we finish these doughnuts!  :laugh:

Thanks for the information and such a thorough post. Your information is going to help the community.

Hugs, Devlyn
Veteran, US Army

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
Re: GRS with Sidbhb Gallagher in Indianapolis -My Experience
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 10:17:30 am »
Thank you, It's the least I can do as a way of support for this frequently long and challenging journey. :)
Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!

Offline Gail20

• HRT since 10/10/2000 - GCS 8/18/17
Re: GRS with Sidhbh Gallagher in Indianapolis -My Experience
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 01:02:21 pm »
I live in the Midwest and my national search led me to Dr Gallagher also. I talked with her by phone and I was convinced she was the one for me. I was in the process of submitting forms and planning for a Consultation when they called one day to tell they would not take Medicare. . .   :-(
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 06:20:24 pm by Gail20 »
"friends speak for you when you can't speak for yourself" :)

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 01:14:50 pm »

I've had quite a few conversations with them about insurance issues and you would be surprised how much of that is out of their control. I'm pretty convinced at this point hospitals and insurance companies are all using Monopoly money for the billing figures. If you have insurance that covers GRS, you had better just plan on paying your maximum out of pocket for the year even in-network.

Medicaid is difficult because it's often restricted to State resources and additional State restrictions. I'm no expert, I just listen when people talk. I do see a lot of please for providers who take medicare and it would be interesting to see how the majority of them are being resolved, if at all.

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 03:26:53 pm »
Here's a patient experience with Dr. Sidhbh Gallagher. She had her surgery exactly two weeks after me -10 days ago. she seems to be doing pretty well, I might add. She's done a nice job describing her transition and GRS journey as well as some unique personal challenges.

https://eilerspizza.wordpress.com/

Offline Emjay

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 08:29:51 pm »
Thank you for this EmmaLoo.

I live just south of Indy and had my initial consult with Dr. Gallagher in mid-February as well.  I'm currently enduring the hair removal process then planning to schedule with my goal being to have this done before the end of the year.

I'm glad to hear you've had a positive outcome and hearing your story gives me encouragement as there is precious little info on Dr. Gallagher online or anywhere else.   

My experience so far with her and her staff has been top notch, and after meeting her I feel totally comfortable going to her but it's nice to hear of others' positive experiences as well.  :)

Start therapy:                            Late 2013
Start HRT:                                 April, 2014
Out everywhere and full time:      November 19, 2015
Name change (official):                            February 1, 2016
GCS consultation:                        February 17, 2017

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 08:34:02 pm »
Sure thing, I'm glad it helps. I pretty much took her on faith after learning more about all her training and her on making GRS the primary focus of her practice. I'm glad I did.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 12:31:23 pm »
Four weeks post - UPDATE

It’s been 4 weeks now. I thought I’d provide an update. I’ve had two follow ups with Dr. Gallagher and everything is healing great according to her. I’m not a fan of the yellowish-brown exudate that forms on the interior and sloughs off but it’s all part of the healing process. The warning there is don’t mistake it for infection because it’s not. It’s just ugly.

Overall it looks great, everything looks like it should at 4 weeks, but there’s still plenty of swelling in the area, my clit is super sensitive in addition to the area right above it under my skin where the old base of operations once resided. Pressing around that area is a crazy feeling as well. I’ve finally got control of my bladder back so I can use the sink without ending up with a puddle of pee at my feet. I still can’t force it once I’m going to the bathroom so that’s the milestone in the bladder adventure. Right now I’m just happy with control and good urine stream. No problems there either.

As for the interior, I have to say it’s an unbelievable sensation to explore your vagina with your own fingers LOL. That might sound weird, but it so true. It’s a totally new experience that I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around. Sure it feels good, but it goes beyond that. I get this overwhelming sense of vulnerability that I’ve never felt before. I’ll have to investigate more and get back you on that one.

As far as dilation goes, it’s a chore. I went from 5 times a day the first 3 weeks to 4 times a day as of now. I think you learn when you need it or not and how your body responds to the new space. You can easily feel the pressure from the surrounding muscles that want to retract and reclaim the space.sometimes it’s a struggle to push them out of the way with the dilator. I have noticed there are some dilation sets with three and some with four dilators. I have a set of four and I’m only using the first two at the moment. Dr. Gallagher’s instructions were to wait until 6 weeks to add #3. I’m not sure where we go after that because just looking at the largest one is scaring me. It’s green. I’m guessing it’s from an alien creature of sorts.

As for overall recovery. I could probably go back to work at my desk job after 4 weeks if I really had to. Would I be comfortable? No. Would it be easy? No. Would I be very productive? No, probably not. I’d say to do those things and not wear out quickly, it’s going to be 6 weeks out and I consider myself in good physical shape. I’m getting around fine and out for a couple of walks a day, but I can feel the blood start to pool around the area if I overdo it. A quick remedy for that is laying down and placing a pillow under your hips to elevate your surgery area above your heart. That’s works fast.

If anyone has any questions I’d be happy to answer.

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 08:39:42 am »
6 Weeks Post

1 magic wand and 45 minutes, later... Ladies, we have LIFTOFF! BAZINGA! She Works like a Champ.

I didn't think I was going to get there since there is still a considerable amount of swelling but just when I was about to let it go...Holy cow, it just welled up and BOOM. I wasn't really expecting it to feel any different than before because so much of the sensations are the same. I was wrong...again. It was familiar but definitely different and it lasted a lot longer too. I don't think going into any more detail based on a single experience would end in an accurate portrayal so I'm going to hold off. The important thing is that it works as advertised.

Other things

I've got the bladder control back which is good, but I still can't let myself get into a situation where I have to hold it for very long. So access to the bathroom is a consideration. I'm confident that will continue to improve.

There is still a healthy amount of visual swelling in the area overall, but for 6 weeks post, it's more than acceptable. Visually, I still have some redness and soreness around the incision site at the bottom. That too is healing more each day.

Dilation is what it is, time-consuming and uncomfortable when you are trying to size up in dilator sizes. I've got good depth at 5 1/2 inches (4th dot) on the blue dilator and I managed to get the Giant Green one in once yesterday for the first time. Ouch.

I can't really tell yet about the self-lubrication issue. It seems like it now, but with all the dilation and lubrication, I'm not ready to commit that it's happening for sure.

I'm getting out and doing stuff without any trouble for the most part. I take a couple of lengthy walks a day. I find after several hours of being upright that I can feel the pressure from the swelling. Sitting in my office chair for more than 2 hours is less than ideal as well.

Overall, I think I've adjusted my perspective on just how invasive and difficult the post-op care and healing are for GRS. Thanks to so many of you on this site who've chimed in, I definitely feel like everything has fallen into the Normal category as far as healing and recovery.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 11:44:34 pm by Dena »

Offline Maybebaby56

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 07:05:24 pm »
Thank you for these posts, EmmaLoo.  I find them quite informative. My SRS date is in about three months, and I have been really worrying about how much time I will need to take off from work, dilation schedules, and recovery time. Recovery sounds like a b*tch. I guess nothing worth having comes easy.

With kindness,

Terri
"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives" - Annie Dillard

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2017, 11:19:50 pm »
Thanks, Ive been through 3 other major ffs and body surgery combos that amounted to about 17 hours on the table. They all pale in recovery compared to GCS. The other stuff was a cakewalk.

If you can take 2 months off. DO IT.

I think I forgot to mention this earlier. No sign of any hair inside at 7 weeks post. Yay!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 10:20:33 pm »
Hi All,

It’s definitely time for an update on this. I almost have to laugh a little when I re-read my 6-week post. Not because it’s not true; what I didn’t realize was happening at the time was the beginning of a very long and difficult series of problems that grew out of a incision that simply erupted. One of the things that I‘ve done since my surgery has been to document the wound healing -- almost daily. I’ve done this for two reasons. The main one is wanting a record of it for a future personal project. The second reason is to provide a reference for Dr. Gallagher to review as needed on her own time. It’s difficult to put into words the advantage you have when your surgeon and surgery are local to your city. It’s a pretty significant value to be able to return to your surgeon for all the follow-up appointments just like you might for any other procedure. I say that it’s an advantage, and have to laugh a bit. Even though I believe that’s true, at least in my case it’s an advantage that hasn’t really served me very well over that last 9 months.

Like most people, I thought 6-8 weeks was going to be enough time to get back to my life. Nevertheless, surgery and wound recover are wily creatures. Even though the first six weeks were messy and painful, it felt like I was over the healing hump -- until I wasn’t.

The granulation actually started at about 5 weeks. But it seemed to come and go along some of the exterior incisions. The real problem was on the inside of the vulva canal. The granulation, along with dilation, was becoming a cycle of tear and repair, and the scar tissue was becoming more painful as it built up. Now, I wasn’t just letting this go like it wasn’t a problem, and somehow it would all repair itself. I was bitching and moaning about how painful the dilation was becoming the entire time. Finally after treating the granulation in Dr. Gallagher’s office, I just had to restrict the dilation to the SS orange dilator and let things heal. And heal, they did -- adding even more painful scar tissue.

I’m just going to gloss over the next 6 months -- which included 12 weeks of seeing a physical therapist, while we tried to break down the scar tissue to accommodate anything larger than the smallest SS purple dilator, and basically getting nowhere. I finally just threw in the towel of frustration and said this has to be fixed by Dr, Gallagher in surgery. There wasn’t any push-back by Dr. Gallagher on this issue. She could clearly see and feel that my vulva entrance was a mess, and needed a revision. In October we made a surgery plan for this revision that would alleviate these problems that had all stemmed from the original incision eruption, and snowballed into 7 months of chronic pain and wound care because my body kept producing more hypergranulation. Needless to say, I’ve been rather vocal about about all of this to Dr. Gallagher. I now feel like we focused the wrong treatment, and got sidetracked by this idea that it was related to a pelvic floor issue (since I’d had some issues with incontinence). I don’t believe It was ever a pelvic floor issue. Even though I still have this vague over-sensitivity to water and cold that causes these occasional incontinence issues, I think that’s slowly getting better. I’m willing to give that some more time to repair itself, at this point.

I have nothing bad to say about Dr. Gallagher. I’m glad I got to have this experience at the hands of someone who is actually dedicated to both FTM and MTF surgeries. This is all she does now. I do wish she would have listened a little more carefully at times to the information I was providing her about my body. There are a lot of downsides that come with having GCS in the traditional US healthcare system. That’s an issue that merits its own post.

Dr. Gallagher did my revision surgery on Nov 16th, 2017. It took about 90 minutes under general. She removed a lot of scar tissue leaving me with what she referred to as a “robust vagina”. It’s true, it is pretty robust. But there’s even more to this story, too, for another time. As of about two weeks ago, I can finally sit in a chair and work at my desk pain-free. Dilation is a breeze with the green dilator and 5”. Scarring is still visible, but that’s normal. And yes, it works as advertised.

In light of all this, I’m leaving a link to a Google photo album with a few of most recent post-revision pictures. At just about 5 weeks out.

Link removed by moderator

I guess you'll have to PM me for the gory details link.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:36:42 pm by EmmaLoo »

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 02:20:51 pm »
By the way, over my period of recovery, her practice also added a new website for all the GCS stuff. As GSC surgeon websites go it's pretty extensive and she has example images. for FTM and MTF.  None of that was available before I had my surgery. I think it went up sometime in September of this year.

Here's her Instagram, Twitter and FaceBook. I'm surprised how well she updates it or has someone do it anyway.

drsidhbhgallagher

@dr_sgallagher

Full Disclosure. I have Nothing, Zero, Notta a thing to do with promoting her practice in any way. We aren't hanging out at the local eatery like BFFs either. I'm just an Indy-based, now post-op GCS patient, who is sharing their surgery experience with the community she serves. (pssst, that's us). There are several people on this site who know me personally that can confirm this. -Just saying, I don't want anyone to feel like I'm some kind of paid mouthpiece for any surgeon.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 05:27:04 pm by Dena »

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 03:47:18 pm »
I'm unclear from what you said how the aesthetics have changed since your revision?

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 05:28:09 pm »
Ah, That's actually a good question because I've never posted any pictures of my results. Mainly because I've never felt healed well enough to consider them the final outcome. Even now there's still quite a bit of residual swelling, but it's getting there.

Anyway, fair enough. I've added a G-rated image of the surgery information but no nakedness pictures detailing the issues two weeks prior to the revision surgery on October 31st, 2017. If I could post those images, they would be about Post-op +7 Months from the original surgery date.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uV7e7AdZrTVadPUp2
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:34:05 pm by EmmaLoo »

Offline AnonyMs

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »
Its only academic interest on my part, but I think its helpful to show all stages of recovery as there is bound to be others in your situation and it will help them understand whats going on, and what outcome they might be able to expect from revision. Also, there's very few post revision photo's available.

I'm sure's there's many people who will greatly appreciate you posting this.

Offline EmmaLoo

• Been There
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 06:28:13 pm »

Unfortunately, The TOS is designed to limit such useful post, so it's not surprising there aren't any. I already had to remove all the nakedness from the album and render it rated G. In fact, The Links to Dr. Gallaghers Instagram was also removed because FTMs showing off their shirtless chests is nudity. I did not realize this.

But yes, I agree with you that posting results throughout the recovery process is indeed a grand concept.