Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Male to "hermaphrodite" Update and revelations

Started by HighDefinition-Dragoness, February 13, 2018, 03:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~Delta

Quote from: widdershins on March 06, 2018, 09:05:51 PMIt actually is possible for AFAB people to keep their vagina after a metoidioplasty or phalloplasty, though depending on the procedure it can increase complications and not all surgeons will agree to it. It's not super common, as most binary trans guys are dysphoric over that part and want it gone, but it has most definitely been done and you should be able to find photos if you're curious.
Thanks for mentioning this. I was actually aware of this already; I just don't think about it much since it doesn't apply to me. Definitely good to bring up in case any AFAB folks with similar desires wander by though.
  •  

HighDefinition-Dragoness

I'm so sorry I haven't responded in quite a while. I kinda removed myself from the conversation because I didn't want to get into an argument. But uhm, as it stands now, what I have said in these posts are super outdated. Basically with a little bit of realization that I'm being a little silly with not being fully true to myself, I'm now a "closeted" transgender woman as of about a month ago, and I'm actually quite happy with myself now! (closeted as in I still look like a male and pretend to be cis male when I'm around my family/family friends and stuff)

More about this in another topic I'll make about this in the transgender section at some point in the next few days! ;P

As for now though, does anyone know how to change your username on this website? I'd rather at least rename my account to "HD-Dragon" or "HighDefinition-Dragon" instead of a name that I can't relate to in a way anymore.
   - Orie :P
  •  

~Delta

I forgot I was still subscribed here...

I suppose I ought to give my update, since there has been some action on that front, and I would hate to leave the thread hanging for the next person in my situation to come across:

Mostly more of the same; I couldn't find any for-hire patient advocates and the pro bono ones didn't provide anything useful.

In the "if not good news then at least not bad news" category, I did recheck with a provider I spoke with before, who seemed sympathetic even then, and explained my trouble with getting doctors to have this conversation.  They are now "looking into possibilities" and asked me to check again around August/Sept. It's the first time a surgeon's office has given me anything but a flat refusal to consider it in 2+ years of inquiring.

And no, I won't name the provider here. It's not a sure thing by any stretch, I don't want to scare therm off, and I definitely don't want to bring them the wrong kind of attention.

So,  you may see an update from me in the future, but it's not terribly likely, regardless of how things turn out. This hasn't been a welcoming environment for the topic. So, any future enby/herm/other label that comes accross this months or years from now, give me a PM instead. It's tied to my email, one I've had for many years, and probably will for many more. Good luck to you.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: hermaphrodite-dragon on May 30, 2018, 01:14:04 AM
As for now though, does anyone know how to change your username on this website? I'd rather at least rename my account to "HD-Dragon" or "HighDefinition-Dragon" instead of a name that I can't relate to in a way anymore.
You have sufficient post to contact a moderator by PM and ask for it to be changed or you can post to this thread.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Cailan Jerika

I'm an AFAB  enby (bi-gender, female and male), and I have similar goals, and have used the term "female to hermaphrodite" to describe my physical transition. However, I ran into the difficulty of using the term "hermaphrodite" because it upsets those who are intersex. Apparently "hermaphrodite" is a term that historically was used medically for intersex people, and has become an insulting word to that community. I still think of myself I those terms, using the historical Greek references, I just try to not use it in forums where such persons might be present.

I have been on testosterone for a year to gain more masculine features, and I have scheduled modified top surgery (extreme reduction, but not all the way to flat male chest) in August. I also have a bottom surgery consult coming up in January, and plan to ask for metoidioplasty *without* urethral lengthening (pee through the newly formed penis), the most common of all FtM bottom surgeries, and it's rare for a surgeon to require a vaginectomy with this particular procedure. I don't care how I pee, sitting or standing, and even if I had urethral lengthening, I'd probably still sit to pee.

For those who say FtMs retaining their vagina is rare, no, it's not. For those who are transitioning transmasculine, either binary or non-binary, it's more common than not for those who go through simple metoidioplasty and retain their vagina and uterus, partly because many still want to have children. Unlike estrogen for transwomen, testosterone does NOT cause permanent infertility in most FtMs. It takes a few months, but most can still get pregnant and have healthy children. There are a LOT of pregnant transmen out there, only a few end up on TV.

If the enby/transguy selects urethral lengthening and/or scrotoplasty, about half of surgeons require vaginectomy/hysterectomy, the other half do not.. Those who choose full phalloplasty usually (but not always) also require vaginectomy/hysterectomy. It takes special effort to preserve the existing function with a phalloplasty, which is the most extreme of the multiple FtM bottom surgery options.

•  

AnonyMs

This might be of interest to some

"For non-binary individuals, Dr. Wittenberg can perform nullification with stand-alone Orchiectomy and/or Penectomy. Dr. Wittenberg can also preserve the penis, if desired, and perform Orchiectomy and Vaginoplasty using scrotal and groin or abdominal skin."

https://www.mtfsurgery.net/surgeons/dr-heidi-wittenberg.htm

There's another surgeon apparently doing something similar. I've not heard the result of it yet.
  •  

~Delta

Quote from: AnonyMs on June 21, 2018, 05:18:28 AM
This might be of interest to some

"For non-binary individuals, Dr. Wittenberg can perform nullification with stand-alone Orchiectomy and/or Penectomy. Dr. Wittenberg can also preserve the penis, if desired, and perform Orchiectomy and Vaginoplasty using scrotal and groin or abdominal skin."

https://www.mtfsurgery.net/surgeons/dr-heidi-wittenberg.htm

There's another surgeon apparently doing something similar. I've not heard the result of it yet.

This is promising, and the best lead I've seen yet.  There's still some ambiguity to sort out, but this is a good find!  I'll follow up and see what she says.

Do you know the name of the other surgeon? Would you be willing to post or PM it?

Thank you so much for this suggestion! I'd previously discounted surgeons offering "nullification", since that's the opposite of what I want, so I might not have found this on my own.
  •  

AnonyMs

Look on twitter @410goneallopen.

To quote "So taking tally of everything, I have a penis, a vagina, and 'inner' labia."

Dr Satterwhite.
  •  

GingerVicki

Surgery that will make someone a hermaphrodite is probably doable oversees.

Moderator's Edit: To remove a phrase that may insult and cause a spat.
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: AnonyMs on June 22, 2018, 02:04:20 AM
Look on twitter @410goneallopen.

To quote "So taking tally of everything, I have a penis, a vagina, and 'inner' labia."

Dr Satterwhite.

Wow that is really interesting .....🤔
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •