Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Looking for Certain Recipes

Started by amrisa loftus, February 16, 2018, 05:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amrisa loftus

I'm finally able to see a doctor again and she would like me to start having meals that are Less in carbs and salt. I'm not much of a cook and learning how to make stuff. I don't have a gall bladder anymore so that plays a big part. I'm just wonder if anyone would have any recipes they are willing to share. 
  •  

Deborah

When I'm trying to eat low carb I find that eating a really big salad to start with helps fill me up, adds a lot of fiber, is full of nutrients, and has some, but not too many, carbs.  My salad is usually about 700 cal with 34g protein, 42g fat, 43g carbs, and 17g fiber.  Since I only eat once a day that amount fits in well with the rest of the meal.  What I use is
1/4 head of lettuce
2+ cups raw spinach
Onion
Tomato
Sweet peppers
2 eggs
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 ounce sunflower seeds
1+ ounce cheese
1/4 cup olive oil based salad dressing
Salt, pepper, spices to taste

You'll need a big plate for all that.  I normally use a serving platter, LOL.

Protein and fat will also help you feel full without many carbs.  Some suggestions are a chunk of cheese, almonds, and full fat unsweetened yogurt.  One or two pieces of fruit will add some carbs but will also satisfy the sugar craving without going overboard.

You can't go wrong eating eggs.  They have no carbs and are about the most nutritionally complete food around.  An omelet full of cheese and onion with some bacon or ham is a very easy and complete meal.  Also, cook with real butter.  It adds some good fat and also tastes really good.

When buying things in the store never buy anything labeled low fat or diet.  The manufacturers simply substitutes sugar, under a variety of names, for fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

CindyLouFromCO

I do low carb and have lost around 40lbs.  I'm pretty much in maintenance mode now. 

I did do under 20 grams of carbs a day.  I now do 15 to 25 grams of carbs with cheat days.  I still try to stay under 80 grams of carbs on my cheat days.

Here are my go to sites.
https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/
https://www.lowcarbmaven.com
www.ruled.me
www.howtothisandthat.com

I also try to do cardio 4 to 5 days a week for 30 minutes.  But I did not start that until I lost about 25 lbs and reached a plato.  I run.  I love running now.  So I just run to keep healthy.  Not for losing weight anymore.

Here is my favorite bread recipe.  I make fathead bread.  It's low carb and taste great!

Google to find other variations.

Pre heat oven to 425

Grease with pam or whatever you like a cooking sheet

Next mix these three ingredients together
1 and 3/4 cup of graded mozzarella cheese
3/4 cup of Almond flour.  I get mine at Walmart as they have the cheapest for volume
2 Table Spoons of Sour Cream Full Fat

Lightly toss these together in a bowl. 
Put in the microwave and nuke for 1 min.

Mix them up more and then nuke for 30 seconds

Now add
1 egg
1 teaspoon of baking powder

Mix it all up well.

Make doe balls and plop them on the tray.  Flatten them out a tad bit.

This dough is a bit wet.  But cooks up great.  You should get about 6 buns out of this recipe.

Oh depending on your oven cook time is usually 12 to 15 minutes.  You can just look at them.  When they get golden brown on top they should be done.
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •