Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Monday 7th channel 4 9pm

Started by davina61, May 01, 2018, 07:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

mittenskittens

Well this will be the first time in 2018 ive watched TV :)
  •  

Laura_Ann

A friend of mine is on it, can't wait to watch.
  •  

mittenskittens

Just seen the ad for this, have to say I'm hyped looks great and very interesting.
  •  

mittenskittens

20 mins and the first transphobic  person has me triggered , why pick someone from such a stereotypical background and views .  I love the lad from barnsley , hes so honest and open minded.
  •  

AnonyMs

•  

mittenskittens

•  

Shambles

On the whole this jusy made me sad, it highlights the difference in awareness of a younger generation and how these people where able to identify what was wrong and be open about it at an early age. It also shows the negitivity that in my head im up against, the cis womans views and the chaps in the pub for example.

It also highlighed the ignorance of knowlage of the wife, i thought she wasnstarting to understand but she cant grasp things that ican relate to in the show and i was left trying to be nice as didnt want to start an arguement
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

davina61

part 2 in 10 mins, its a bit big brother, the Jamaican lad not saying he was trans . Now was that deliberate to stir things up (me cynical?) and some other stuff. TV show and the producers want it to be "interesting" and cause debate.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

mittenskittens

Quote from: davina61 on May 08, 2018, 02:55:11 PM
part 2 in 10 mins, its a bit big brother, the Jamaican lad not saying he was trans . Now was that deliberate to stir things up (me cynical?) and some other stuff. TV show and the producers want it to be "interesting" and cause debate.

I just dont think his aggressive behaviour was needed and I felt he was quite intimidating throughout. I agree feels staged , its all abit too stereotypical aka the religious background Irish lady and that Jamaican  lad who has made sure to pop off at any opportunity! I understand he feels he shouldn't still have to be trans but people will talk , he came on a programme about trans , just what was he expecting, did he really think his gender would not come up in coversation , I mean its literally what the show is about.

•  

davina61

could be over composition, as in (perceived) men are aggressive, rude etc. As ladies we can go overboard with make up, clothes and stuff 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

mittenskittens

Quote from: davina61 on May 08, 2018, 04:54:03 PM
could be over composition, as in (perceived) men are aggressive, rude etc. As ladies we can go overboard with make up, clothes and stuff

Right yeah thats makes sense. Im learning so much!
  •  

pamelatransuk

As most of you will know, there were 2 episodes on 7&8May and the latter followed by live studio debate.

Disappointing and ridiculous comment by second man in pub that the trans issue has only happened by force by Channel4, Channel3, Channel2, Channel1.

Disappointing that one member of the eleven young people thought it OK to out a trans person; this should never happen.

Interesting that the programme should cover a lady, born a little boy but who had the Klinefelter Syndrome. I think we are gradually seeing more of this chromosomal subject come up on UK TV; it came up a few months ago briefly with a patient in Casualty.

Reasonable debate afterwards but unfortunately there were rude members of the audience who tried to disrupt.

Wonderful to see parents now more understanding of trans children and youths than parents were in last century.

More gender programmes next week, I believe.

Pamela

•  

AnonyMs

This show has been getting some extremely critical reviews from the trans community.
  •  

Alexa Ares

Quote from: AnonyMs on May 09, 2018, 05:36:18 AM
This show has been getting some extremely critical reviews from the trans community.

I would say the show could have been a lot worse. Yes it was aimed clearly at younger people as everyone there was under 35, and there was a clear story with Romario , and his identity as a Trans Man coming out at some point - he would be very hard to read as Trans unless someone is experienced with Caribbean Culture.   I felt the show handled issue related to Trans overall in a positive light. Its much better than having some Drag Queen on Big Brother who states theres no point dressing up now the boys have gone being seen by the Gen Population as a representative of Trans......The Younger generation like Campbell give people a decent understanding of some general themes that apply to people like us.

The Debate? - Hmm......a studio audience wasn't really needed, and it wasn't great as created too much drama and tension, however as my Wife,who is Cis gender points out she finds things like this helpful to understand a bit more about Trans.
  •  

Alexa Ares

Quote from: Shambles on May 08, 2018, 12:30:24 AM
On the whole this jusy made me sad, it highlights the difference in awareness of a younger generation and how these people where able to identify what was wrong and be open about it at an early age. It also shows the negitivity that in my head im up against, the cis womans views and the chaps in the pub for example.

It also highlighed the ignorance of knowlage of the wife, i thought she wasnstarting to understand but she cant grasp things that ican relate to in the show and i was left trying to be nice as didnt want to start an arguement

Shambles, I sympathise with you situation. If I can offer any advice, please try to be patient with your Wife. Its hard for Wives to come to terms with the fact their husband is Transgender. My Wife and I were in a much worse place a few months ago (read a post somewhere on here from January)  and over time me being willing to LISTEN TO HER and her fears, meant she became more willing to take on board my feelings and see that me being Trans is part of me, and I cant be someone I am not.

Its tough for any couple who are in the position you and your wife are in, or I find myself in with my wife, however there is a way forward.

If your wife hasn't rejected you off the bat, I would remain hopeful that given time things can improve.
If you haven't already try to speak to a fair and balanced therapist together.

Also , look for what brings you together, and reassure her about how you feel about her. Ive found with my Wife, her big fear was I was going to want to dump the kids and her, to swan off and live a different life. She's realised this is not the case, and that not only can the marriage work, she can be supportive of My physical transition within limits....

Hope this helps,
Alexa.
  •  

davina61

Wednesday there is another show about being a woman 9 pm
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•