Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Empathy

Started by Jessica, May 22, 2018, 07:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessica

Hi friends, one of my earliest knowings was that I could feel others emotions when touching them.  This emotional bond I feel when this happens has increased to beyond that.  As a boy growing up, I never felt comfortable showing this, it was considered effeminate to have emotions.  So I stoically entered life, knowing that this is not how things should be. 
I used it advantageously, helping my career as I knew when to withdraw from a debate. Rarely lost, because they didn't know what hit them.

It has occurred to me in my emotional rollercoaster (some of us may share a ride on) that part of my upheavals may be due to suppressing it from blossoming on the outside. Actively seeking others in need has become more of a need that I have had in the past since starting on my road to self discovery.

I know several other transgender women who consider themselves acutely connected to the force we call life.  Several are very upbeat and ready to live life on their terms, with a smile to boot.
Are there others out there that feel this way?

Hugs (I know you), Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Jessica on May 22, 2018, 07:04:37 PM
Hi friends, one of my earliest knowings was that I could feel others emotions when touching them.  This emotional bond I feel when this happens has increased to beyond that.  As a boy growing up, I never felt comfortable showing this, it was considered effeminate to have emotions.  So I stoically entered life, knowing that this is not how things should be. 
I used it advantageously, helping my career as I knew when to withdraw from a debate. Rarely lost, because they didn't know what hit them.

It has occurred to me in my emotional rollercoaster (some of us may share a ride on) that part of my upheavals may be due to suppressing it from blossoming on the outside. Actively seeking others in need has become more of a need that I have had in the past since starting on my road to self discovery.

I know several other transgender women who consider themselves acutely connected to the force we call life.  Several are very upbeat and ready to live life on their terms, with a smile to boot.

@Jessica    Dear Jess:  This was very nicely written and hit the nail on the head perfectly. 
Yes, empathy is a key ingredient to helping others and encouraging them to overcome their frustrations and difficulties.   
There is a benefit to the one that has empathy for others and helps others... and that is feeling better about the life that is helped and feeling better about ourselves.
Again, nicely written,  thanks for posting this.

Hugs, Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

tgirlamg

Well Done Sister,

Connection, at long last, ...to our own life... to others... to the world

...is what all this stuff is about! 😀

Onward we go brave sister!

Ashley 😀💕🙏🌺
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Amaki

Quote from: Jessica on May 22, 2018, 07:04:37 PM

Wow to actually read it, I've known I'm emphatic most of my life, I've buried myself in other peoples problems to help me forget about my own. I most of been about 9 or 10 when princess Diana passed, I had no idea who she was why she would forever be important but I cried. I've felt, but have been able to suppress every major event in or during my life (mostly when I wake up something about the air before a major event). Going a little further if I can, my mom told me stories of us sitting and talking before I was born, I've had the unfortunate gift of saying good bye to friends I've never seen again more than once, in dreams and later in reality. So yeah there is nothing wrong with being emphatic, if given the chance try to analyze these feelings and they might help in big ways.   
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•  

Jessica

Quote from: Amaki on May 29, 2018, 04:24:44 PM
Wow to actually read it, I've known I'm emphatic most of my life, I've buried myself in other peoples problems to help me forget about my own. I most of been about 9 or 10 when princess Diana passed, I had no idea who she was why she would forever be important but I cried. I've felt, but have been able to suppress every major event in or during my life (mostly when I wake up something about the air before a major event). Going a little further if I can, my mom told me stories of us sitting and talking before I was born, I've had the unfortunate gift of saying good bye to friends I've never seen again more than once, in dreams and later in reality. So yeah there is nothing wrong with being emphatic, if given the chance try to analyze these feelings and they might help in big ways.

@Amaki the connections that have shaped our existence start in the beginning and continues on and on.  I used to analyze it, now I live it.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•