Author Topic: JanePlain my introduction.  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Celine

Re: JanePlain my introduction.
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2021, 06:22:41 am »
Oh dear... I'm afraid SarahEL maybe squelch our meeting if she knew this but its the same machine that predates the Altair but this version is with an 8080 not the 8008. At least I think. The 8008 was considered just a bit too crude. I did a lot of work on a graphics contoller and a CPU board that I've come to believe is really the only ones of their kind. I guess I have to admit turning in my "gal" card. A few people assume we've been an all girl band. Sorry it thats disapointing as SarahEL and I have embarked on a pretty conventional boy and girl fall madly in love type thing except we got to these states with a lot of medical assistance. And Sarah's taste in underwear is so conventional (sigh) I'm just happy that nothing has really changed us at the core.

Oops, not the best choice of address on my part; please forgive my ineptness...

You sound like such a wonderful couple that I doubt that any of those changes that have taken place are less than good. We all owe quite a debt to medicine. Many of us might be gone without the possibilities it offers.

On those antiques, the Intellec and it's offspring were tools of the trade for me. I spent more hours than I care to admit hunched over them. The Osborne and it's huge bundle of apps later enabled us to run a business and do development work for a number of years. The O1 was pretty expensive, but oh what a pile of useful software came with it. Once I had developed the 80 column display card it was a real pleasure to use the machine.

Take care,
Celine

Offline SarahEL

• Oh no, I have said too much, I haven't said enough...
  • Family
  • That's me in the corner.... That's me in the photo
Re: JanePlain my introduction.
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2021, 01:28:36 pm »
AH! Thats why your madly in love me!!! I was there at the time. Not at Osborne but... Other places. Someone please tell me she doesn't just want me for my (hers now) intellec8!

No honey, it is not JUST for your Intellec8... there are other things too that make me want you..
I mean, you told me you had a TRS-80 model 1 with the expansion add-on...   hahahaha!...
(thinking that would be a cool wedding present!) :) :)

... and whilst I do not go in for much of public displays of affection.. You know, there is nothing that will ever stop us being together and becoming man and wife.. that is my real 8-bit dream.. XX
Oh, life is bigger,  It's bigger Than you and you are not me
The lengths that I will go to.  The distance in your eyes

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

Tags: My new lookh