Author Topic: Kathryn's Chronicles  (Read 15136 times)

Offline KateR

• Kate
Re: Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2021, 07:38:01 am »
Good morning all

Today I pretty much have all the feeling back on the top of my head.   There may be a very small area still left to come back.  I'm not really sure.  So maybe let's call it close enough.

May 5th is the date for the rest of my FFS.  As I understand  it, I've already completed the harder of the two recoveries.

Today I get my first COVID vaccination.  Yeah!  (Never thought I'd be so happy to get stuck with a needle.)

Patty & I have found a therapist for some couples counseling.  I’m grateful as it something I think we desperately need.  Pains and hurts from the last 25 years are haunting me.  Additionally, I need to know she truly is ready and ok with me having GCS.

Finally after record low temperatures last week, today's high is supposed to be around 70 F.  Thank you Danielle [mention]Northern Star Girl [/mention] for taking your winter weather back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2021, 08:02:13 am »
Found this on Facebook.  Can’t resist not sharing!

Kate

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2021, 11:44:31 am »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Very cute and appropriate!!!  I trust that things will start warming up for you soon.
You probably know the old saying....

March comes in like a Lion and goes out like a Lamb.

Hugs,
Danielle

Found this on Facebook.  Can’t resist not sharing!

***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2021, 12:57:23 pm »
In our neck of the woods I think it’s the other way around.

March comes in like lamb and goes out like I lion.

End of March is when we go into severe storm season.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2021, 07:48:24 am »
Totally unrelated from transitioning or being trans, but I'm going to share anyway.

This coming October, Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida will be 50 years old.

On Facebook you can find lots of pictures of the ‘Castle Cake’ from the 25th anniversary celebration.

I remember that Castle Cake.

If you were to visit our home you'll find that patty & I are Mickey & Minnie freaks.   Almost everything we have is of the two of them together enjoying each others company in love.

It's hard to believe that we’ve been doing ‘Disney Trip’ for over 25 years ( for me personally 35 years ).

Thinking back on it, I'm no longer able to count the number of trips I've made.  Maybe that's why I can drive all over Orlando without needing google maps.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
Kathryn's Chronicles
« Reply #345 on: March 15, 2021, 12:34:42 am »
Hmmm....

Another post, not directly trans related, but more trans related than my last post.

I live in the heart of MAGA country, probably not the safest place to be if you’re Trans.

So after a lot of soul searching and conversation, my lovely spouse and I decided to sell our home and move back to the Kansas City area.

We have a low-ball offer for our home.  I know this because when we started this process, I admitted I knew what it cost me to build the place, but had no idea what it was worth; so I paid for a couple of appraisals.

After a couple of go ‘rounds the buyers are offering $2000 less than my appraised value. 

OK we’re finally in the ball park. 

Unfortunately, they want me to throw in my custom golf cart. 

This thing started life as a heavily used white fleet cart from a golf course.  It’s been painted, had carpet and colored upholstery added / replaced, had the electrical system rebuilt / upgraded, a 4 speaker satellite stereo added, street legal tires and custom wheels, and some other odds and ends.  It’s street legal and will run fast enough that I could get a speeding ticket if I was running it full throttle on our neighborhood street. It also has my DNA on it from the times I cut myself, especially from the time I was guilty of ‘alcohol abuse’ and broke a nearly full bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer.

The local golf cart dealer said he could easily get $12,000 for it.

So this is where I’m at.  I’ll accept the $748k offer for the house, $12k for the golf cart, and $3k for aggravating / irritating / pissing me off!  That’s a total of $763k.

question:  is adding the $3k for my annoyance a fair mark up?

Kate

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
« Reply #346 on: March 15, 2021, 03:41:36 am »
Well that will teach them for low balling!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

« Reply #347 on: March 15, 2021, 06:07:39 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:

Or ....
...you could just charge them $15K (or more) for your custom Golf Cart instead of $12K

Problem solved!!!   It has sentimental value to you!!!!

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #348 on: March 15, 2021, 06:12:56 pm »
Hmmm....

Another post, not directly trans related, but more trans related than my last post.

I live in the heart of MAGA country, probably not the safest place to be if you’re Trans.

So after a lot of soul searching and conversation, my lovely spouse and I decided to sell our home and move back to the Kansas City area.

We have a low-ball offer for our home.  I know this because when we started this process, I admitted I knew what it cost me to build the place, but had no idea what it was worth; so I paid for a couple of appraisals.

After a couple of go ‘rounds the buyers are offering $2000 less than my appraised value. 

OK we’re finally in the ball park. 

Unfortunately, they want me to throw in my custom golf cart. 

This thing started life as a heavily used white fleet cart from a golf course.  It’s been painted, had carpet and colored upholstery added / replaced, had the electrical system rebuilt / upgraded, a 4 speaker satellite stereo added, street legal tires and custom wheels, and some other odds and ends.  It’s street legal and will run fast enough that I could get a speeding ticket if I was running it full throttle on our neighborhood street. It also has my DNA on it from the times I cut myself, especially from the time I was guilty of ‘alcohol abuse’ and broke a nearly full bottle of Michelob Amber Bock beer.

The local golf cart dealer said he could easily get $12,000 for it.

So this is where I’m at.  I’ll accept the $748k offer for the house, $12k for the golf cart, and $3k for aggravating / irritating / pissing me off!  That’s a total of $763k.

question:  is adding the $3k for my annoyance a fair mark up?

Must you take the offer for the house?   Is this a seller’s market or a slower market where you are at?
Do they wish you to give them the cart and the house for their house offer price?

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #349 on: March 17, 2021, 09:45:25 pm »
Hi all:

I forgot to update you.

We signed to sell the house at $748, and kept the golf cart!

I’m looking so forward to moving on with my life!

Kate

« Reply #350 on: March 17, 2021, 09:51:48 pm »
@KateR
Dear Kathryn:
Thank you for sharing your update regarding selling your home.....
.... and you keep the Golf Cart !!!

Good news is good to hear.   :)

HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #351 on: March 23, 2021, 09:58:45 am »
The one negative thing I will always remember about my transition is this:  The amount of time I feel stuck in-between.

Granted COVID has a lot to do with the delays I’ve endured, and I know that everyone has endured some delays, and in some countries, years long delays.

I guess I’m just feeling it rather intensely at the moment.

Kate

Offline KateR

• Kate
« Reply #352 on: April 04, 2021, 03:37:59 pm »
Estradiol is wonderful!

OK we have a contract to sell the house, and I need to take care of some minor maintenance.

So I dug out the one ‘back in the day’ outfit I saved for an occasion like this.

Here’s what I learned.

The pull over jacket hurts like hell when I pull it over my chest, and the worthless old pair of boat shoes hurt my feet and ankles.

Isn’t estradiol wonderful?

Kate

Tags: