Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Losing weight over 40 success, but lost other things.

Started by CindyLouFromCO, October 18, 2018, 01:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CindyLouFromCO

So I'm 45 5'11 and now at 143lbs.   Pretty much my goal weight when I started dieting.

My problem is that I would like to add some fat back into my face, boobs, hips and thigh areas.

The problem is that when I try to do this it seems to go to my belly.

After losing so much weight my I'm down to a A cup again.  Some days they fit my bras snug and tight and other days a little lose.

So I want my good fat back, and not my belly fat.

Anyone else have this issue?  Seems to be a 40+ club problem.  I think the only way to go about doing it is to have cool sculpting down there or liposuction.

FYI I started losing weight in April of 2017 with low carb dieting.  Under 20 grams of carbs or less a day.

I then started running 3 to 4 days a week in late 2017 3 to 4 miles a day.

I got to around 150.  I then had some surgery done on my face.  Just chin implant, lip lift, and trechia shave.

I have not been able to run since then.  Going on 6 weeks now.  I have lost about 6 to 7 lbs though sticking with my diet and adding in Barts Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.  It really does work.  Not working out for the last 6 weeks and dropping a few pounds a week.

I was around 180's.

So thoughts?  Suggestions?  If anyone would like to know more about my diet and what to eat please feel free to ask me any questions!
I've taken what others have offered, so now I'm giving back.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@CindyLouFromDBQ
Dear CindyLou:
I hear you about weight loss, it can become harder and harder as you near your goals, and can become quite frustrating...
.... as you already know, losing weight is a combination of issues with exercise, portion control, eating the right things and avoiding the wrong things that can sabotage your weight loss plans. 
As you continue with your transition, and do all the right things as I mentioned your curves will begin to appear as you  have desired.  Please plan to keep us all updated as you continue on in your journey.

I am most pleased that you had decided to join the site.
Thank you for writing your first posting.... other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to your specific questions and concerns..

Thank you for posting your thoughts here on this thread. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others have done regarding your transition journey that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

Please allow me to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.
I have included information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@CindyLouFromDBQ
Oh, and another thing CindyLou:
Please find your way to the  Introductions Forum and write a much more brief introduction post and summary about yourself and your questions & concerns so that more members here on the Susan's Place forums will be aware of your arrival and therefore you may obtain more responses and information that you might be looking for.

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

@CindyLouFromDBQ
Dear CindyLou, I see that long ago on February 01, 2017 that our lovely member @V M  had officially welcomed you when you had written your very first post, and now here with your second posting in all of this time that has gone by,it might be best to start all over again as you did on this posting of yours....   please do indeed go to the Introductions Forum and refresh your appearance here on the forums with your new and updated introductions posting.

Best wishes to you,
Danielle

•  

Patricson

The reasons why it's so hard can vary from person to person, particularly due to the role of genetics in weight gain.

A big reason for that age-related weight gain may be that your joints can no longer handle those long bike rides, daily jogs, or weekly pick-up basketball games. Sarcopenia, the loss of muscle tissue that occurs as a natural part of the aging process, starts around age 40. That process contributes to slower metabolism since muscle burns more calories than fat.
Reduced metabolism in older age is a major factor, as are changes in hormones. And lifestyle-related factors play a role as well. Older men and women may be more stressed and less physically able to exercise the way they used to when they were younger.

<link removed by moderator>
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Patricson on January 23, 2019, 06:57:44 AM
The reasons why it's so hard can vary from person to person, particularly due to the role of genetics in weight gain.

A big reason for that age-related weight gain may be that your joints can no longer handle those long bike rides, daily jogs, or weekly pick-up basketball games. Sarcopenia, the loss of muscle tissue that occurs as a natural part of the aging process, starts around age 40. That process contributes to slower metabolism since muscle burns more calories than fat.
Reduced metabolism in older age is a major factor, as are changes in hormones (https://hghtherapydoctor.us/hgh-therapy-benefits/). And lifestyle-related factors play a role as well. Older men and women may be more stressed and less physically able to exercise the way they used to when they were younger.
@Patricson
Dear Patricson:
I see that that this posting of yours is your very first post on Susan's Place and that you just became a member here this morning.
I will take this opportunity to Officially Welcome You to Susan's Place and the Forums.

Rather than giving you my complete welcome message please look at and read my previous 3 postings prior to your reply post below...
There you will find important information and LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and get the most benefit from the features here. 

Also, as my 2nd posting mentions please find your way to the  Introductions Forum and write an informative introduction post and summary about yourself and include any of your questions & concerns so that more members here on the Susan's Place forums will be aware of your arrival and therefore you may obtain more responses and information that you might be looking for.

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

•  

Northern Star Girl

@CindyLouFromCO
Dear CindyLou:
I am sorry that I apparently  HiJacked  your thread regarding weight loss.   
Now that I am all done with my commitment to officially welcome new members I will let you have your thread back so you can continue on with the Weight Loss discussion that you started. 

You had raised many good points and I can personally agree with much of what you stated about your own weight loss trials and tribulations...  I will be 39 years old in a couple weeks so the magic threshold of 40 years old   that you mentioned in your first posting on your thread here may be applying to me very soon if not already!

Thank you for starting this thread that will certainly be of interest to many here can identify will and will certainly want to post their responses....  so I am now handing your thread back to you!!!

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle

•