News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Eyebrow Shaping Methods

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 23, 2018, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Hi Everybody!

I was wondering which of these eyebrow shaping methods, that you have tried, have been
the least painful and the longest lasting between touchups?

Plucking
Waxing
Threading

I realize that results can vary from person to person.
I have only done the waxing and it was okay for pain level.  I do not do shaping regularly, just when they get too overgrown. A little waxes off and the longer hairs are trimmed.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 23, 2018, 05:21:06 PM
Hi Everybody!

I was wondering which of these eyebrow shaping methods, that you have tried, have been
the least painful and the longest lasting between touchups?

Plucking
Waxing
Threading

I realize that results can vary from person to person.
I have only done the waxing and it was okay for pain level.  I do not do shaping regularly, just when they get too overgrown. A little waxes off and the longer hairs are trimmed.

Chrissy
@ChrissyR
Dear Chrissy:
I do plucking with tweezers and trimming length of my eyebrow hair at home, and when needed I go to my local beauty salon to get touch-ups on shaping... usually by waxing and plucking.   
I have never tried threading but I have heard some good things about it... but is sounds just like plucking but by another method.

Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Linde

Here I sit with my absolut ignorance
What is Threading?

And why would I do anything to my eyebrows except putting some paint on.  Mine are very blond, and hard to see a ta all.  But I am that androgynous person who has no body hair (except on my head) to start with.
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Dietlind on October 23, 2018, 05:48:33 PM
Here I sit with my absolut ignorance
What is Threading?

And why would I do anything to my eyebrows except putting some paint on.  Mine are very blond, and hard to see a ta all.  But I am that androgynous person who has no body hair (except on my head) to start with.
@Dietlind
Do a google search for "eyebrow threading" ... you see lots of hits, photos, and videos....
It is another way of plucking but is supposed to have some advantages to tweezing... but I just stick to trimming, tweezing and occasional waxing of my brows.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

Harley Quinn

I used to wax and pluck between waxing.  Both are relatively painless.  I hadn't tried threading, but it would strike me as being less painful than either waxing or plucking.  Last August I went for Microblading, and I've not had to touch them up for a year and a half.  However, there is the issue of not being able to change them for a few years...  Small price to pay, but once you've found your signature brows it seems like a no brainer.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

KathyLauren

I get mine waxed.  It seems to work well. 

I haven't been able to do plucking.  I can't see the individual hairs well enough to pluck without my glasses.  And glasses get in the way.  Plus, I tend not to notice the regrowth until they are back to full male configuration.  Then it's like, oh, darn, I guess they grew back while I wasn't looking.

I have seen threading done, though I haven't had it done on me.  It looks like it would prolong the agony.  At least waxing is quick.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Linde

Thanks for the answers.  When I hear all this about self torture, I'd rather see what my young female friend (my transition fashion consultant) thinks about my brows!  May be they are good enough the way they are.

By the way, did I ever mention that my pubic hair is very considerate and grows by itself in a type of a bikini trim?  Not that anybody would ever want to see me in a bikini, but at least my hair style down there is right for it!

•  

HappyMoni

I did electrolysis, once and done. My tech told me threading was bad, that it could cause ingrown hairs.
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SonadoraXVX

I did electrolysis on my eyebrows and my eyebrows are shaped permanently well. A [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

jessicariddhi

Hi there, funny that I was going to do a YT video about this soon but here it goes; plucking is great - it's like waxing but a bit more time consuming. Waxing is my favourite method as (depending how good the person who is doing the job) it's clean, fast, and can give the eyebrows a better shape. With plucking there is the risk of thinning the eyebrows too much.
Threading is a bit more painful and last longer; seen it but never done it. Like I said; I prefer waxing.

The problem with waxing is that you have to continuously go to the professional to keep it clean and in shape or have scheduled session and commit to it. You can always touch up with tweezers at home.

Hope this helps.
  •  

Linde

Just looked at a youtube video about threading eyebrows.  Who decides that the eyebrows should look like this?  I though the outcome created a very artificial look of the brows.  But I was all my life a little rebellious about things I was supposed to do because society thought it was the way to be.
I think my naturally grown eyebrows look better and are more attractive that that what was the end result of this threading!

•  

Angela H

I get my eyebrows threaded once a month. It's very affordable (10-20 dollars). They say you're supposed to do it every two weeks, but I don't mind a couple stray hairs [emoji16]

I was surprised to read that not very many here go for threading; it's really popular in my city. Honestly, there's a lot more places to go to for threading than waxing. I've never had any ingrowns thank goodness and, to me, it hurts less than waxing [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

DawnOday

If you want to try different shapes there are templates available. You might try using this drag queen method for camouflaging your eyebrows.

https://www.eyebrowz.com/tips.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=eyebrow+stencils+printable\

Play around a little before you get them trimmed. The camouflage allows you to try that. Electrolysis would probably be the best way if you didn't want to maintain them all the time.

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

mako9802

Threading is the best.....your eyebrows will be flawless
  •  

Sonja

I pluck carefully.

My wife gets hers threaded and they look really good.

Sonja

•  

ChrissyRyan

I might try some of these other methods but I will stick with waxing my eyebrows for now.

Thank you for all your comments.  You all are so helpful.   :)

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Linde

What is it with your eyebrows that you need to torture yourself with plugging, waxing and all other kinds of medieval torture methods?

I need to put eyebrow pencil stuff on in order that somebody can se that I have eyebrows!  Is that another thing of intersex that one has no big eyebrows?  I don't know any other interesex person (I think there are only about 80 k in the US), and have no idea what on my body is because of the XXY thing, and what is just my standard body?

Because of this, some of my questions may seem to be pretty ignorant, and I have to ask for forgiveness if I sound stupid!

•  

SeptagonScars

I pluck mine with tweezers, and on occasion I just go over the areas I don't want hairs on with a razor. It's very annoying and takes forever for me to pluck mine though, cause they're very thick with very many hairs and also lots of thinner like darker peach fuzz hairs that are tricky to snatch with tweezers.

So that's why I sometimes just use the razor instead, cause it's so much quicker and easier when my eyebrow patience is wearing thin. Cause sometimes I have to try a million times to snatch one hair but the tweezers just don't catch it, and it makes me furious. So I might want to try threading instead if that has a higher success chance on catching those little buggers!

I mean I really like that I have thick eyebrows, cause I can get away with just dyeing them black or dark brown and don't need to fill them in with makeup. I also love that they're naturally very arched, so they don't need much shaping to look really good and totally match my kinda extreme goth look. They simply come with a lot of potential and endless possibilities, and I really like them for that.

I rarely cut their length though, only a little on my left brow where the hairs grow in a different angle which makes them look longer and assymetrical to the ones on the other brow.

But also I cut a few hairs on my right brow where I have a scar (from a failed eyebrow piercing) to empathise the scar. That's more in the category of "unconventional beauty" routines though, perhaps. Cause it more so makes me look like a comic book villain, which is a look I highly strive for!
Mar. 2009 - came out as ftm
Nov. 2009 - changed my name to John
Mar. 2010 - diagnosed with GID
Aug. 2010 - started T, then stopped after 1 year
Aug. 2013 - started T again, kept taking it since
Mar. 2014 - top surgery
Dec. 2014 - legal gender marker changed to male
Jul. 2018 - came out as cis woman and began detransition
Sep. 2018 - stopped taking T and changed my name to Laura
Oct. 2018 - got new ID-card

Medical Detransition plans: breast reconstruction surgery, change legal gender back to female.
  •  

randim

I struggle, at least conceptually, with my eyebrows (though I haven't tried to shape them).  They are quite asymmetrical.  My right one would clean up pretty nicely in a an arched line, but my other one? Woof.  Too thick on the inside of my face and too thin on the outside.  And the hairs grow at bad angles in places.  It is just totally rogue.   
  •  

Linde

Today I had my session of microneedeling of my face (if anybody want's to know how torture is spelled, do this)

I asked what can be done with my hardly visible eyebrows.  The cosmetic person said that I have very nicely shaped eyebrows, but they are so blond that they are not visible.  She felt hat dying them and adding a little extra depth with tattooing them would give me wonderful looking permanent eyebrows.
Here I had nice eyebrows all the time, but just did not know that because they are hardly visible!  I don't need to plug, wax, or shave anything, they just grow nice by nature!

•