Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Do you ever play with your hair?

Started by ChrissyRyan, October 31, 2018, 05:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes when I see another woman play with her hair, I wonder if she is unknowingly or purposely sending a signal of some sort (maybe if she is with someone), or if she is nervous, or if it is just a habit, and so on.  When I think she is attractive with pretty hair, sometimes I enjoy watching.  No matter, in some situations, it is annoying and it seems like a case of unceasing fidgeting! 

This behavior does then possibly have its plusses and minuses, depending on the situation! 
Do you find this hair playing by someone else to be interesting or annoying behavior?

So, do you run your fingers through your hair (or wig), twirl it, or otherwise play with it, going beyond moving it away from your face?  I do, sometimes!  But I doubt that I would, or would continue to do so, if I realized that someone was watching me. 

Now, the mutually desired touching and smelling another woman's hair has always been absolutely delightful.  But that is not this topic, as that is you know, a bit different!   :)

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on October 31, 2018, 05:56:23 PM
Sometimes when I see another woman play with her hair, I wonder if she is unknowlingly or purposely sending a signal of some sort (maybe if she is with someone), or if she is nervous, or if it is just a habit, and so on.  When I think she is attractive with pretty hair, sometimes I enjoy watching.  No matter, in some situations, it is annoying and it seems like a case of unceasing fidgeting! 

This behavior does then possibly have its plusses and minuses, depending on the situation! 
Do you find this hair playing by someone else to be interesting or annoying behavior?

So, do you run your fingers through your hair (or wig), twirl it, or otherwise play with it, going beyond moving it away from your face?  I do, sometimes!  But I doubt that I would, or would continue to do so, if I realized that someone was watching me. 

Now, the mutually desired touching and smelling another woman's hair has always been absolutely delightful.  But that is not this topic, as that is you know, a bit different!   :)

Chrissy
I tuck my hair behind my ears

Sent from my SM-S337TL using Tapatalk

If you can't accept yourself,  how can you expect others to accept you?

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

Lacy

Quote from: Arianna Valentine on October 31, 2018, 06:02:40 PM
I tuck my hair behind my ears

I almost obsessively do this.

The amount of "twirl/playing" I do with my hair is directly proportional to the length. The longer, the more I absently mess with it.

Hugs,
Lacy

She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

IAmM

It is rare for me. Always getting it out of my face on my left side when eating, since I sweep my hair that way there is too much to put my hair behind my ear on that side, just run my finger from my forehead to my ear. I don't think that I fidget much but since I don't get on my phone either if I am waiting or standing in line I will push my cuticles back absently while trying to avoid looking directly at anyone. I never thought it was at all noticeable until a few months ago I was sitting in the doctors office, middle aged to older men all around and I noticed that men across from me and one of them beside me were checking their cuticles. After that I started to pay attention, sure enough, waiting in line at the bank, to get a table in a restaurant, sitting in the cafeteria if I start doing it soon someone else will too and usually more than one. I have been trying not to anymore but my boyfriend says that I will pull a curl down and let it go every now and again instead. Took me a while to catch myself, but my hand ends up on my chest, side of my palm resting on the side of my boob, finger tips in my hair, so then when I go to move my hand I grab a curl and pull it down as far as it will go and let it go. It is only about eight inches but it must be noticeable, and odd I guess. 😆 I keep waiting for a 50 year old, round, bald guy to reach up to tug a curl that he doesn't have. Anyway I do sometimes but I am trying to stop.
  •  

Lisa_K

Haha! When do I not play with my hair? It's is annoying sometimes. I used to fiddle with it as a nervous habit but I mostly broke myself of that in my 20's but still catch myself doing it occasionally. I tend to do it more when flirting with or chatting up a guy and it's intentional sometimes but most of the time, it's kind of an unconscious thing but I try to remain aware of it.

At the neighborhood pub where I hang out, there's two guys and a couple girls I know that seem to want to play with my hair more than I do but I really don't mind that a bit. A girl friend I hang out with sometimes will not keep her hands off her hair as a nervous habit and it's annoying as hell and I try to at least not be as obnoxious as she is about it.

Picture on the left is the same color, what it looked like and is the same length it was when I was 13 and still known as a he/him/it. It was down to my waist when I graduated high school but I cut it off about to the length it is now shortly after. Both of these pictures were taken earlier this month and the color is a little off in both of them. It's never been more than maybe 3" shorter than this.

There's kind of a thing about older women and long hair but I really don't care. I'll be 64 in two months and as long as it keeps growing and is healthy, I'll keep letting it get longer again. With all the crap I've put it through in the last 50+ years, it's a wonder I've even got any left but I'm not complaining! It's one of my best features. Sue me if I play with it from time to time!  :)

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: Lisa_K on October 31, 2018, 09:13:21 PM
Haha! When do I not play with my hair? It's is annoying sometimes. I used to fiddle with it as a nervous habit but I mostly broke myself of that in my 20's but still catch myself doing it occasionally. I tend to do it more when flirting with or chatting up a guy and it's intentional sometimes but most of the time, it's kind of an unconscious thing but I try to remain aware of it.

At the neighborhood pub where I hang out, there's two guys and a couple girls I know that seem to want to play with my hair more than I do but I really don't mind that a bit. A girl friend I hang out with sometimes will not keep her hands off her hair as a nervous habit and it's annoying as hell and I try to at least not be as obnoxious as she is about it.

Picture on the left is the same color, what it looked like and is the same length it was when I was 13 and still known as a he/him/it. It was down to my waist when I graduated high school but I cut it off about to the length it is now shortly after. Both of these pictures were taken earlier this month and the color is a little off in both of them. It's never been more than maybe 3" shorter than this.

There's kind of a thing about older women and long hair but I really don't care. I'll be 64 in two months and as long as it keeps growing and is healthy, I'll keep letting it get longer again. With all the crap I've put it through in the last 50+ years, it's a wonder I've even got any left but I'm not complaining! It's one of my best features. Sue me if I play with it from time to time!  :)

I love older women with long hair. I love older women still basking in their femininity. I'm just about to turn 50 & I would kill for hair like that - especially the wavy look. After growing my hair for a year its getting down to the back of my neck & quite wavy & yes I'm starting to play with it!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

KathyLauren

I don't play with it as a habit or a fidget.

I do fiddle with it with intent, though.  I frequently need to sweep my bangs out of my eyes, tuck it behind my ears, or smooth the back.  When I get into the car, I check it in the mirror.  And, of course, I check it in every mirror I walk by. ;)
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

TonyaW

My wife says I do but it's just to get it out of the way of my face, pursue  straps,  coat or what have you.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Chloe

Apparently if your 16 it's ok otherwise it's "for CS stop it! Your NOT a child"! If hair is long fussing with it just seems to come with the territory . . . and then there's those toxic people who make ya nervous and just can't seem to look the other way!

Wrapping pony-tail too high on back of head is another no-no "biggie"  :police: And for some reason tucking up under a cap only makes one look more girlish.  ;)

I say if ya have really nice hair then FLAUNT IT! At least that's what my truck driving 30 something young boss said . . . now why would he even mention it?  ???

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Allison S

I used to always have my fingers in my hair because it was new to me. Now that it's gotten a bit longer (still not completely at my shoulders yet though), I sort of see it as a blanket for my head. I will sometimes grab one of the wavy strands and maybe fiddle with it a bit, but I really try to avoid doing that even because it causes frizz for me. I actually tell people to touch my hair or run their fingers through it because it's soft and fluffy lol

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

•  

Jin

Hey, if I can't have fun with my hair, why grow it?
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Lisa_K

It's funny how small things can matter sometimes but hair played a pretty important part of my life growing up. It was the one most physical thing I could to be like other girls and to further separate me from the boy I was never really seen as in the first place but thinking about this in retrospect, it wasn't like I understood any of that when I was a child. I'm not even sure I understand or can explain it now or how anyone understood it way back when but somehow my mother, step-dad and grandparents just did.

From the time I entered kindergarten and began to be treated differently because of my gender, I realized how fundamentally wrong my place in the world was and that others did not see me as I knew myself to be. Having the natural personality, temperament, behaviors and interests typical of other girls, the whole boy thing never jived with me as it just didn't fit with who I was and this was obvious to the whole world the second you got to know me so right off the bat I was seen as other which was fine with me, I was different but things weren't being interpreted the right way. I wasn't a boy that acted like a girl, I was a girl that had to look like a boy because I had a male body and I was crushed by what we would now recognize as both body and social dysphoria. All I knew was that life hurt and that it just felt really terrible being not enough boy to be seen as one because I wasn't and didn't want to be seen that way but yet not girl enough to be seen as one of them either like I should have been.

Again, this was all without any real concept of what was happening or why things were like they were but by the end of the 2nd grade, I was deeply troubled, very unhappy and more than extremely uncomfortable locked into a physicality to which I did not belong and I honestly don't know or remember what all went down, what was said or how it happened but not having hair like other girls just made me feel naked and exposed and wrong, icky and entirely embarrassed. After some seriously depressive meltdowns and out of control behavior, somehow my family understood and the boy's haircuts stopped forever. What it took for this to happen, I really don't know and I didn't really start thinking about some of my questions until I got way older and my folks were long gone and not around to ask.

By the end of the 3rd grade, my hair was causing problems with school dress codes disregarding the fact that my gender atypicality now had a visual component further setting me apart socially and ostracizing me even more for my differences. It was hard to deal with but I was beginning to feel better about myself and more able to tolerate the world. To my 8/9 year old mind, besides the whole clothes thing that didn't become a bigger issue until I got older, having longer hair was the most physical way I could be like other girls and it became a symbol or my badge to the world that I was not a boy and again, somehow my family understood the importance of this to me in spite of the problems it or the controversy and havoc it caused.

Mid 1960's world did not tolerate boys whose hair did not conform to the prescribed standards. With a lot of involvement from my folks, some schools would tolerate it for a while and others did not. Between that and my quiet, gentle and innocent nature, I was bullied so much that I was considered the disruptive troublemaker so we had to move many times trying to find a school that didn't want me to leave or the environment wasn't so hostile it became dangerous. I was put in therapy in 1965 when I was 10, not to change me or make me normal but rather to help with the way the outside world treated me.

After being in 14 different schools, before I started junior high (7th grade/1967) we moved to a different state hoping for less problems but by this time, my hair was a couple inches below my shoulders and overall, what gender I was had become hard to determine but I was really tired of all the hassles and my folks were determined to put down roots and take a stand so when I was sent home my first day and told not to come back without a haircut, take a stand is what they did. I wasn't privy to all the details or how things worked out but they got a lawyer and threatened to sue the school board and I got sent to another counselor. I missed the first eight days of school and when I did go back, all the teachers and staff at least were aware of how I was allowed in and there was a lot of thinly disguised animosity toward me and of course the other kids were absolutely brutal. Two days later I was expelled proper for fighting a gym teacher that tried to drag me into the boy's locker room/showers. I ended up getting sent to another counselor and somehow that got worked out too so I kept my long hair and spent 7th and 8th grade PE class folding towels in one of the coach's offices instead of having to participate, take showers or go in the boy's locker room. This was a big win for me.

Before I even started high school in 1969, my parents preemptively met with them twice and joked with me that was to warn them I was coming. Humor and teasing about my situation was how they diffused the seriousness of things because I did have so many problems and things were crushingly difficult. I don't remember if they had changed the standards or if exceptions were made for me but in high school, my hair never got me in trouble, not with the school anyway.

By the time I graduated in 1973, I'd been on HRT for a year, had obvious breasts and my hair was to my waist or elbows somewhere and I had kind of a toned down, no makeup hippie chick aesthetic for school being as much as I could get away with because I was still supposed to be a boy but I had been passing and accepted as a girl outside of school for a couple years by then with my hair still being a big part of that as it had always been my biggest flag to the world of who I was. Boys just didn't have hair like that.

With school now over and me living "full time" the rest of my feminine expression was released and there was no way I could have ever passed as a boy even had I wanted to considering I never really did anyway and not only just my hair but now also my body and everything else from not only what I did with my hair to the stereotypical things like clothes and makeup I was no longer restricted from by trying to stay in school found me easily and comfortably blended into the world as just your regular young woman, girl next door.

About six months later, as I said in my earlier post, I cut off to about the length it is now and it's never been shorter than a couple inches than that. With other things filling in and taking its place, it wasn't quite so important but it is still a big part how I see and feel about myself. It was the first real thing I could do to be more female as that little kid nearly 55 years ago before I even knew what that meant or how far it would go.

Writing about and remembering this stuff, sometimes I can't believe my life has been so weird or how I ever managed to grow up like I did? It doesn't seem possible and if I hadn't lived and experienced these things myself, I probably wouldn't believe it either. It's all quite surreal or like some twisted karma of being a grand cosmic mistake for being born as a boy in the first place but being blessed with understanding and intuitive parents to ahead of their time to make up for it. The flying spaghetti monster must have been looking out? :)

•  

Arianna Valentine

Now I do love when my significant other whenever I actually have one plays with my hair

curious about me:  https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218617.new.html#new
  •  

josie76

I do. I have really fine hair and it will tangle at the ends. Unless I have it in a ponytail or a hair clip, I end up running my fingers through it to get the tangles out of the end.

My wife finds it quite an annoying habit.  :D
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: josie76 on November 02, 2018, 06:22:27 AM
I do. I have really fine hair and it will tangle at the ends. Unless I have it in a ponytail or a hair clip, I end up running my fingers through it to get the tangles out of the end.

My wife finds it quite an annoying habit.  :D

It certainly is important to keep your hair detangled, with no split ends.
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Harley Quinn

I've learned not to touch curls... if I do I will either get tangled, or my hair will get "HUGE". Neither is a great outcome.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

ChrissyRyan

Sometimes I can feel my hair move ever so slightly when I walk, that is pleasant.
Having my hair being blown about in the wind is okay, sort of, but then I have to comb it, big bummer!

Chrissy

•  

Lacy

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on November 03, 2018, 08:59:05 AM
Sometimes I can feel my hair move ever so slightly when I walk, that is pleasant.
Having my hair being blown about in the wind is okay, sort of, but then I have to comb it, big bummer!

Chrissy

I hate when the wind blows and ruins my hair! Sometimes I just want to ride in the car with the windows down dang it!
She believed she could so she did!

The continuing story of my new life!

•  

Arianna Valentine

Quote from: RealLacy on November 05, 2018, 12:11:43 PM
I hate when the wind blows and ruins my hair! Sometimes I just want to ride in the car with the windows down dang it!
Omg I so agreed I can't do the wind blown look so the wind just needs to stop when I'm driving

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

•  

RobynD

I do constantly when my hair is down (putting it behind my ears and other ways) but usually, wear my hair up in a bun and pony. It's getting really long.

•