Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davinas diet (attempt !)

Started by davina61, January 02, 2019, 04:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Having been of work for 2 months has not helped and with holiday food and stuff like going out for meals I have ended up putting on 7LB when I already needed to lose 20+ LB . Nearly finished all the holiday food so starting to cut back on intake , porridge and banana for breakfast to keep energy levels up . Exercise is a problem due to my right Achilles tendon being very weak , bone out of place in foot and ankle tips over. After walking any good distance I am in pain next day and wake up with cramps. As I will hopefully be going to Gender Clinic in the next few months the battle is on ,BTW I have been over weight since always , managed to get down to 11ST 8LB  to get married 30+ years ago , Since then its climbed to over 15ST , think the HRT has not helped either.  Anyways will keep a log of weigh ins   
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on January 02, 2019, 04:33:14 AM
Having been of work for 2 months has not helped and with holiday food and stuff like going out for meals I have ended up putting on 7LB when I already needed to lose 20+ LB . Nearly finished all the holiday food so starting to cut back on intake , porridge and banana for breakfast to keep energy levels up . Exercise is a problem due to my right Achilles tendon being very weak , bone out of place in foot and ankle tips over. After walking any good distance I am in pain next day and wake up with cramps. As I will hopefully be going to Gender Clinic in the next few months the battle is on ,BTW I have been over weight since always , managed to get down to 11ST 8LB  to get married 30+ years ago , Since then its climbed to over 15ST , think the HRT has not helped either.  Anyways will keep a log of weigh ins

@davina61
Dear Davina:
Yes indeed, a very bad combination...  being out of work and all the rich Holiday-time treats, meals and gatherings too!   Obviously exercise is an important element in weight loss, but also watching what you eat and the types of foods you eat.

For me to keep my weight where I want it to be, I do exercise a lot,  most of the time I eat whatever I like but I use portion control, smaller portions, smaller plates, etc.   ...   obviously everyone is different and their metabolism is different so you have to find what works for you.   I do a lot of baking as I see that you also do, and I enjoy giving away most of what I bake and cook...

Yes, regular weigh-ins at the same time of the day, usually first thing in the morning without wearing heavy clothing is a good time to see your progress.... your progress or lack thereof will help you to modify your exercising and eating habits.

Wishing you well and I am rooting for you to get back to your target weight... when you do, you will feel better about yourself and about life....   
...plus you will have to buy new clothes perhaps!! ... that can be fun!!

HUGS... and well wishes as always,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures

Started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old & Single
Email: northernstargirl@susans.org
  •  

NatalieRene

Quote from: davina61 on January 02, 2019, 04:33:14 AM

You can do it. Cut surgar and portion sizes while also doing some light walking and you will see the weight melt off.
  •  

davina61

I don't take sugar in drinks, have smaller dishes already just need to give away more of the bakes !!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: davina61 on January 02, 2019, 01:36:20 PM
I don't take sugar in drinks, have smaller dishes already just need to give away more of the bakes !!!

I use stevia in drinks. It sweetens them up.
But even stevia can have added ingredients, so look before you buy.

Chrissy
Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

Just watched a diet cooking program, but it was for folk that eat junk and was to get them eating fresh cooked meals. Something I do already mostly. It was followed by a show using twins to see the best ways of doing things one of which was diet verses exercise,one twin (there were several sets) ate 1000 cal less than RD (recommended daily) and the other exercised 1000 cal per day. Diet won as between them lost 16kilo over 1 month as against 14 , also the time spent exercising (2 HR a day) and feeling tired (knackered!!! )  So diet it is ,just need to be able to work out calories for what I cook.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Maid Marion

I freeze freshly bake goods and eat them later for portion control.  That way I don't eat too much.
  •  

davina61

Yes I found tying to cook an Indian meal by halving the ingredients ruining's the taste so freeze some , starting to use some up to make room now. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Getting some 1cal spray today as found even sunflower oil is 100 cal per tablespoon , stood on scales this morning .Damn have put on 14LB since last Oct ,  that's it not baking any more cake. Anybody want some apricot and pecan tea loaf?
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Started back at work , we had free pizza but just had 1 slice. So start weight is 216 lb and goal is 150 140 . so count down 66 ----------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Cutting back on wine with a meal has helped me.  Not that I drank every night, but I noticed when I had a glass the night before my number would be up a bit.
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

I am pretty sure it was @Drexy/Drex who made a great point to me about the amount of carbs I was eating and how much difference it made when you cut back. This was around the time when my weight loss had stalled just before surgery and I took time to reduce them and monitor the result. It was this that tipped me over the line to reach my goal...Good on you for committing to the weight loss and I have no doubt you will obtain you goal.

Good luck

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

So not as busy at work as I hoped , they say (this is the other branch I now work at)its normally very busy. Hope I can burn some off soon..
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica_K

Diet works for me, l do little exercise just do not have the time. So I eat around 1000 cals a day , about halve the recommend amount, no additional sugar, no sugar drinks just good food made with fresh ingredients. Lost loads of weight, currently 168lbs, only another 20 to go and at the rate of 10 a month should be there in March
Will power and determination does it and you can do it

Love Jessica
The brand new "A Day in the life of Jessica_k" blog
https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,246835.new.html#new

•  

davina61

8 weeks till the UK meet, need to lose 10+ lb
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

ChrissyRyan

Quote from: davina61 on January 19, 2019, 02:43:15 PM
8 weeks till the UK meet, need to lose 10+ lb

I think it would be a reasonable goal to lose 10 pounds in eight weeks for most people, except for those who are underweight to begin with or if losing those ten pounds would make that person underweight.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

davina61

one down 9 to go!!! or 65 to go------
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on January 20, 2019, 01:33:43 PM
one down 9 to go!!! or 65 to go------

Congrats every bit helps...Slow but steady will win you to where you want to go..

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

ChrissyRyan

•  

davina61

Not going well, but then its been cold and have been very hungry
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•