Author Topic: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline KatieP

Re: Any Experience with Kelly Inc in Oak Park, IL?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2020, 11:54:05 pm »
It's a great question, Cav! And I don't know the answer.

I DO know, I am back there on the 2nd of July. I rather suspect that this will be my last time there. They don't like to work on out-of-towners for less than 4 hours with two techs. I am expecting/hoping that they will think we have reached that point by the end of my time on the 2nd.

I will be sure to update this thread after that...

Katie

Offline Cav27

• Neighbor
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2020, 05:28:08 pm »
Also might not make sense to pay for travel expenses etc. just for few hours. Better to find someone local after your next clearing. Im glad you went ahead and did the marathon sessions. If there is one thing that i have learned in this process it is to stick with technicians who have experience doing marathon sessions. These electrologists have the stamina and understanding of the beard.

Offline Helen_Grandeis

• Visitor
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2020, 04:31:59 pm »
Precision Hair removal with Irina Cardos and crew are the best.  They cleared my hole face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KatieP

« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2020, 07:19:32 pm »
I fly to Chicago tomorrow for my next session with Irena and Dan. In preparation, I have had to let my facial hair grow. (Thank goodness for COVID precautions! I can go out and about and no one can see my facial hair!!!)

And, what I have decided is that Irena is better than Dan at killing off hair. That, or the hair on the right side of my face was somehow easier to kill. What has not been generally apparently to me is that there is much more hair on the left side of my face than the right. It was only when I let it grow for 8 days did I notice.

For those new to large volume electrolysis, apparently some people are right side, and some are left side. And, if they have a choice, they stick to their side. So, I have had Dan on the left, and Irena on the right for exactly equal amounts of time.

All those comments about how good the tech is making a huge difference? Well, even among the really great techs, there are great and greater...

;D

More to come later in the week after this next session...

Katie

Offline fen11

• Visitor
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2020, 05:30:30 am »
Hey Katie,

How did it go? I have been following your journey from afar and seems like so far you have made great progress and would recommend PHR. This is a project I hope to start in the near future.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2020, 12:31:55 pm »
Hey Katie,

How did it go? I have been following your journey from afar and seems like so far you have made great progress and would recommend PHR. This is a project I hope to start in the near future.
@fen11
Dear Fen11
    Please know that I am not trying to hijack your post but first I wish to Officially Welcome YOU to Susan's Place.
    I am happy to see that you have signed up as a member of Susan's Place and have submitted your first posting. 

As you post here on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say.

I want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.   Other members will be along shortly to give you their thoughts about your questions and concerns that you mentioned in your very first posting.

There is information and important LINKS that I have included below.   You will find information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask....

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2020, 12:33:16 pm »
@fen11
Dear Fen11:

OH, and another thing....
If you feel so inclined please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to tell more members about yourself!

With more exposure to more members here you will be able to get more responses to your questions and concerns.

Wishing your well as you continue to be involved in the forums.

NOTE: Now, after all of this Greeting and Welcoming stuff, I will give you and other readers the thread back so that the conversation can continue

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 40

Offline KatieP

« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2020, 12:51:09 am »
Fen!

Thank you for reminding me!

So, early on the morning of the 2nd of July -- really early: 5:00 AM -- I showed up at Precision Hair Removal. It started like the previous sessions, changing into the medical gown, putting the numbing cream all over my face, and then waiting  for Dr. Z to show up. Once again, even with the twilight meds, it hurt to get numbed. And, he injected me with lots of lidocaine. Lots of my face was still numb two days later. Oddly, there were 4 or 5 little circles on my face where there was no numbing at all. It was strange. And those areas hurt a lot. However, because the hair was quite thin, the pain did not last long.

In this session, one of the techs could not come in, so they were operating a body short. That meant that Irena spent the first 2 hours with me, and then left Dan alone with me for the last couple hours. This turned out to be no issue at all because the total tech time was 6 hours. Since last time was 11 tech hours, it was exactly the 5 hours reduction expected between sessions. It went by quickly, and I was out of there by 10:30-ish. I took this picture as I was walking out of the building:

I was more swollen than this each morning for a couple days. And, the skin on the left underside of the jaw was a bit more beat up than before. So, it has taken most of this past week to get to "normal." And once again, it is wonderful waking up to completely smooth skin. I know in a couple weeks I will start to notice hairs and it will bug me. But right now... Right now, it is pretty wonderful...

In the normal scenario, when you get to less than 4 hours total needed, Irena doesn't want to sign you up for large-volume because the overhead is high, and it is not worth it. So, I have been quite worried about what I will do at that point. The problem is that I have to let the hair grow for at least a week before an electrologist can zap it effectively. So, there is no real way I can go to the hour a week options. I need to be able to schedule it all: Letting it grow a long time, and then getting it all cleared in one go. This has not really been a possibility for PHR in the past.

However, both Irena and Dan separately, mentioned they are working to get a nurse to work at the Chicago office in order to provide numbing for the 4 hours and under client. I am REALLY hoping they have something like that in 3 or 4 months...  ;D

As always, if you have any questions, please let me know!

Katie

Offline ToriJo

• Family
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2020, 01:25:17 pm »
Your face after a session looks very similar to how mine looked after E3000 when the electrolysis was more intensive (I don't swell nearly as much now because the work is a lot less intensive than it was then).

Offline KatieP

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2020, 05:58:41 pm »
Yep. This time around, my face felt more swollen than last time. I am hoping it means they upped the amps and killed hair harder. But more likely, Dr. Z was just not careful with the lidocaine.

It is back up a bit, but here is what I looked like the day after the previous session:

In the pictures, the last one looks more swollen, but this time felt more, and lasted longer.

I have heard good things about E3000 more recently. As documented elsewhere, I went to E2000 back when, and had a terrible experience. I am sure in all these places, the exact people at that time are what makes or breaks the experience...

Katie

Offline fen11

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2020, 03:26:26 pm »
Katie,

Thanks for posting. I have been following this thread to hear everyone's story, including yours. I really appreciate how you have kept the story going after each session. Though you are swollen, your skin looks so smooth! I am so so envious. How many days did it take for the swelling to become somewhat normal (ie, not necessarily perfect, but normal enough)? I am also curious how it went the first time with the swelling too - if that also looked somewhat normal after 4 or 5 days.

I have been trying laser, but seems to have little effect. Womp. Like you, I cannot even fathom growing out my hair constantly for weekly appointments. I am not really out to anyone yet.. but the thought of everyone commenting on it just makes me stressed, even in thought. I really want to save for PHR or E3000 etc. It feels like forever away.

Offline KatieP

« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2020, 11:43:12 pm »
These pictures are probably earlier in this thread but I am too lazy to go back and look...  ;D

So, this is the picture after day 1 of the first session. You can see 3 interesting things, I think:

1. They clear A LOT of face per day
2. I had A LOT of hair. You can see how shaggy the bottom half is
3. If you look closely at the point of the chin, you can see that the skin is oozing a bit

The recovery after the first time was a bit rough. There was a fair amount of oozing that turned into little crusties on my neck and chin. After the first time, I could not have gone to work to be in front of customers in the first week. even two weeks was right on edge. Note that to be in front of customers, I require a fair amount of makeup. If I hadn't had some work flexibility, it would have been a tough situation. Had I still be in guy-mode, I could have made excuses like a bad sunburn, and nobody would have questioned it.

Here is the picture after the second day:

I was pretty swollen. I iced it, and kept lotion on it, and it went down pretty quickly. The swelling was not the issue for getting back in front of people. It was the crusting on my chin and neck.

I was not a fan of Dr. Z. It took a while for my face to recover. And on some thread here I wondered aloud whether I would go back. But I figured I didn't have many choices.

And I was VERY happy I went back. After the first time, things were much easier. I think they dialed things back a bit. After the second time, I did go back to work after a week. After the third session, I was back to work, in front of customers 2 days after treatment. I was mildly swollen, but being sort of chubby-faced, no one said a thing.

As everyone here will tell you, get the facial hair done ASAP. Even if transition is not in the current plan, get the hair done ASAP. Note that even with large volume electrolysis, it still takes a year. PHR wants 10 weeks between sessions, and it takes 4 to 6 sessions to get to mostly done. That said, even though it takes a year to get mostly done, after the second session everything about my facial hair was easy. It was easy to shave. It remained smooth all day. And was almost manageable. After the third session, it was pretty fabulous. So, even though you aren't mostly done, even partly done is WAY better than barely started.

Jump in. Get started. The longer you wait, the longer it will take...   ;D

Katie

Offline fen11

• Visitor
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2020, 05:07:41 am »
Katie,
Thanks for sharing your pictures!! It really helps. I am shocked that after the first day of your first visit that they were able to zap both cheeks, above the mouth, and the front of the chin. Talk about fast! I also appreciate you sharing the pictures since they were expired links in your old posts. I really want to use a service like PHR, because then you only need to grow it out once every ten weeks. That is so much better than weekly.

My laser sessions are scheduled to be done in October. From there, I am hoping to truly explore PHR. I know I have the week after Christmas off, as well as a week in March and June. These would be ideal times for me to use them, hoping that a week or so is enough to look somewhat reasonable. I just need to figure out how to get the money, lol. Hope you are enjoying that smooth face today!!!

Tags: