Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

School official loses job after allegedly harassing trans teen

Started by itsApril, March 20, 2019, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsApril

'You freak me out': School official loses job after allegedly harassing trans teen

By Tim Fitzsimons and The Associated Press
March 20, 2019, 2:27 PM PDT

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/you-freak-me-out-school-official-loses-job-after-allegedly-n985406

The school board in Harrison County, West Virginia, voted on Tuesday not to renew the contract of a school official who had been temporarily suspended late last year for allegedly harassing a transgender male student.

Lee Livengood, an assistant principal at Liberty High School, allegedly followed Michael Critchfield, 15, into the boys' bathroom last November and told him, "You freak me out."

Livengood was suspended without pay for four days in December before returning to Liberty High. The American Civil Liberties Union's West Virginia chapter called the suspension "not sufficient."

The ACLU said 1,100 people signed a petition demanding the board take action. The petition was delivered Tuesday. . . .
-April
  •