Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Research Topic: Do online trans communities enhance well-being?

Started by Cindy, May 19, 2019, 03:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

This is an approved study for people in the USA. Please participate if you so wish.

Seeking Trans Participants for Study on Online Communities
Enter raffle to win $25 gift card!

Hello,

My name is Logan and I am a researcher at UC Santa Cruz. We are conducting a study on the relationship between participation in online communities and well-being for transgender people (including non-binary and genderqueer people who identify as trans). I identify as non-binary trans myself, and my hope is that this research can lead to a better understanding of how online trans communities can enhance well-being.

I am sharing the survey here for anyone who would like to participate. Participation is voluntary, your answers will be kept confidential, and you can stop the survey at any time. The survey is expected to take approximately 15 minutes.

Participants must:
-   Be 18+
-   Currently reside in the US
-   Identify as transgender

You can participate by visiting the following site:

https://tinyurl.com/transsocialmedia

If you have any questions, please reach out to me at lbarsigi@ucsc.edu.

Thank you for your time!
  •  

Bea1968

Did it, thank you.  Not especially painful or intrusive.  Hope this helps the community.

Thank you for sharing,

Brian
  •  

Devlyn

Well... I gave up on the survey when it started asking essay style questions rather than multiple choice.

Towards the beginning, there was a sexual orientation question, and two-spirit was listed as a choice. I'm a student of the "Gender isn't sexuality" school, so I'm wondering why the question was structured that way.
  •  

SadieBlake

I think that's a design flaw, you could contact the author
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •  

Chloe

QuoteThe past and present experiences of transgender people are often influenced by the sex they were assigned at birth . . .
Number three is not phrased as a question . . . only infers a birth sex answer? Rather confusing . . .

Thank you again for your participation!

Quote from: Devlyn on May 19, 2019, 08:16:06 AM
Well... I gave up on the survey when it started asking essay style questions rather than multiple choice.
I found the free form responses rather refreshing . . .

Told them Exactly how I feel and "gave 'em both barrels"! I have my own php based Survey System that uses logic branching, questions based on prior responses, but it's also more demographic orientated and asks specific, personal history/situation questions that nobody really likes to answer! (ie: 'rural/urban' living, 'which state' one lives in, and number of known 'trans friends/associations' etc . . . ?)

I also left them my email in the hope of possibly collaborating on future surveys one can easily "push the survey envelope" by simply making certain answers *mandatory* while others purely *optional*! Was also curious about "target groups" by maybe including "cis" and "sig-other" responses?

Overall I'd give it a grade of B+ / A- better than most I've seen!

"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Vethrvolnir

Mostly human
  •  

Devlyn

Quote from: Chloe on May 20, 2019, 10:47:46 AM
Number three is not phrased as a question . . . only infers a birth sex answer? Rather confusing . . .

Thank you again for your participation!
I found the free form responses rather refreshing . . .

Told them Exactly how I feel and "gave 'em both barrels"! I have my own php based Survey System that uses logic branching, questions based on prior responses, but it's also more demographic orientated and asks specific, personal history/situation questions that nobody really likes to answer! (ie: 'rural/urban' living, 'which state' one lives in, and number of known 'trans friends/associations' ?)

Overall I'd give it a grade of B+ / A- better than most I've seen!

Any response that isn't a data point will need to be interpreted, on a basis we don't know, and then entered as a data point, based on (who's) interpretation. There are confusing and conflicting uses of gender and sexuality terminology.

I question whether this will help the transgender community, as people seem to be assuming, or merely help this person get a grade by submitting faulty and problematic information.
  •  

Lisa89125

Devlyn, I've had the same thoughts and will not participate in this flawed survey.

Lisa

"My inner self knows better than my outer self my true gender"

Not yet quite ready to post my real self.
  •