Author Topic: Post-Op Orchiectomy on Estrogen: Libido, Erections & Ejaculation Possible?  (Read 4054 times)

Offline PamelaMTF

Hello All,
I am married and considering orchiectomy and estrogen HRT (I have not started any HRT yet but have started seeing a therapist for gender dysphoria).  My wife is worried I won't be able to have sex afterwards.  I don't have a problem with my penis but want to further feminize my body.  I currently shave my whole body and have B cup breasts.  I don't think I will ever have GRS but would like to be as feminine as possible without doing full surgery. 

I have not seen a lot of talk on this subject as it seems like most don't want erections after orchiectomy while I actually do.

My main concern is losing libido and the ability to have erections and orgasms.  I currently have a very high libido and orgasm 2-3x a day.

Those who've had an orchiectomy and are on estrogen HRT:

1. Do you still have any sexual libido? If so, how much has it changed since orchi?
   2. Can you get and maintain erections?
   3. Can you still orgasm?

Thank you in advance!

Pam

Offline AnneK

Just being on HRT has reduced my libido.
I'm a 67 year old AMAB who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.

Offline Dena

• Family
Welcome to Susan's Place. A good deal will depend on how your body handles the drop in testosterone. Unfortunately there isn't a good way to predict it but it can be tested. In normal HRT, a blocker is used to reduce testosterone to feminine levels. After a few months, you will have your answer. Should you decide you don't like it, you can discontinue the blocker and things should return to normal.

Things that you should read
Rebirth Date 1982 - My Transition

Offline Linde

• Full time for some time
I have lost my libido and the ability to get an erection since I am on HRT.  I don't think the orchi did change anything.  I don't know if I can still have an orgasm, because I never tried it due to the missing libido.  But women here who had an SRS (basically not different hormone wise) report that they can orgasm very well.  But a orgasm after an orchi is not of the male type anymore, but rather the more female type without ejaculation, etc.

Offline AoifeB

• Neighbor
9 months HRT, 3 months post-orchie. I haven't had any issues with libido, erections are possible but less hard, orgasms are female type. Sex is fine, including penetrative sex, tho for other reasons I don't do that as much.

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
Three years transitioning and 4 months post orchi.

I have ten times the libido I ever had pre HRT.
I can get an erection but ejaculation never happens - apart from some clear liquid there is nothing there anyway.
I orgasm as a woman many many times which is way better than the male version.
I also get super sensitive skin, nipples etc which open up lots of other interesting ways to play.

All in all I have to say its a MAJOR upgrade.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
KRobinson and AoifeB one of the most "female" things I'm looking forward to experiencing is the female orgasm. I'm enthralled when I see a woman having one. I mean it looks like it's the very definition of term "feel good." If I'm lucky enough to start having them it will be a life changing experience for me.
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline Quinn

Three months post orchi , I have no libido at all but I can still get erect if I want and still organism although it is not as enjoyable as before but I think that is because the endo has my  cut my estrogen by 75% right after orchi.

When I had my first lab work 6 weeks after orchi my E level had dropped all the way to 32 , so now she is slowly raising doses again until I get to around 150. My next labs are on Monday my guess is that my E levels are around 80 maybe. Im hoping that once I get back up the 150 range my energy will increase and the libido will at least be there if I decided to use it

Offline Linde

Three months post orchi , I have no libido at all but I can still get erect if I want and still organism although it is not as enjoyable as before but I think that is because the endo has my  cut my estrogen by 75% right after orchi.

When I had my first lab work 6 weeks after orchi my E level had dropped all the way to 32 , so now she is slowly raising doses again until I get to around 150. My next labs are on Monday my guess is that my E levels are around 80 maybe. Im hoping that once I get back up the 150 range my energy will increase and the libido will at least be there if I decided to use it
Don't bet your horses on it.  I am at the 140-150 E level and I take progesterone.  Progesterone brought a glimpse of a libido back.  But nothing to write home about.  I am OK with this, because I have no partner with who I would want to live my libido with.

However, I would want to find out what a female type orgasm feel like.  Here I sit, fully equipped for it, but not enough libido to even follow through with any type of manipulations.  This sucks to some extend!  I read all about it, could do it myself, but have no desire to do it!

Offline PamelaMTF

Thanks for all the replies so far.  It seems like everyone reacts differently with some keeping libido and others losing it altogether.  I will say that currently I already have full body orgasms but I spent a long time trying to focus on the orgasm and I think part of that is mental.  But it is amazing.  When I am focused I can move my body in certain ways when I orgasm and it extends the orgasm while it travels through my body. 

Offline Lexxi

• MTF Trans Woman
  • 50 Year old MTF
Hi Pamela,

That sounds exactly like what I've wanted to do my whole life. I can't wait until I reach that stage of my life.
Finally started the process of becoming the real me! 5/20/19
Came out online 5/20/19
First time coming out face to face 6/3/19
First therapist appointment for HRT 6/3/19
Got my letter for HRT 6/10/19
Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Offline PamelaMTF

@Lexxi, Yeah it is amazing.  Growing up I would have an orgasm and then I was done.  But several years ago after reading an article on how to orgasm hands free I realized that in order to have better ones, you have to use your mind.  It took time but I eventually was able to have these intense full body orgasms.  Part of it is build up as well.  Edging, taking my time getting there etc.  But yeah it is great :)

Offline PamelaMTF

I have lost my libido and the ability to get an erection since I am on HRT.  I don't think the orchi did change anything.  I don't know if I can still have an orgasm, because I never tried it due to the missing libido.  But women here who had an SRS (basically not different hormone wise) report that they can orgasm very well.  But a orgasm after an orchi is not of the male type anymore, but rather the more female type without ejaculation, etc.

Hi Linde,
Can you tell me how active your libido was before the HRT and Orchi?  There is not a whole lot of info out there but I am thinking there is a possibility that folks with low libido / sexual desire prior to HRT and orchi have a better chance of reduced drive after.  I am not sure which is why I asked the question here.

Thank you so much!!!
Pam

Offline PamelaMTF

Three years transitioning and 4 months post orchi.

I have ten times the libido I ever had pre HRT.
I can get an erection but ejaculation never happens - apart from some clear liquid there is nothing there anyway.
I orgasm as a woman many many times which is way better than the male version.
I also get super sensitive skin, nipples etc which open up lots of other interesting ways to play.

All in all I have to say its a MAJOR upgrade.

Hi krobinson103,
Can you tell me if you had a high libido prior?  I am trying to figure out how drive / desire prior effects the possibility of loss afterwards.  I have a very high sex drive and am thinking with a more feminine body (Happier self image) that would increase.  But I am scared to lose my libido as it is part of me and brings me a lot of joy.

Thank you so much!
Pam

Offline Linde

Hi Linde,
Can you tell me how active your libido was before the HRT and Orchi?  There is not a whole lot of info out there but I am thinking there is a possibility that folks with low libido / sexual desire prior to HRT and orchi have a better chance of reduced drive after.  I am not sure which is why I asked the question here.

Thank you so much!!!
Pam
I never was a sex maniac.  When I was still married, it was mostly my wife who initiated sexual interactions, and I never was the biggest intercourse hero in the world.  I preferred hour long foreplay, and it was more important for me that she reached orgasms than that I reached them.  I am more the cuddling and playing around person.   I liked that way more than the actual act.  But from my biology I am more female than male anyway.  My libido went slowly away (over the course of a few years) after my ex and I separated.  I am without libido for several years now.  It might have been some kind of protection mechanism of my  brain, because I did not have a partner to live my libido with.
I was the way I am now for a few years already before the orchi.  I am now on progesterone, and I think I am getting the slightest bit of libido back, but I am not sure about it, and that is fine with me, because I still don't have a partner, and never liked masturbation a lot.

Offline krobinson103

• Life is a journey, enjoy it!
Hi krobinson103,
Can you tell me if you had a high libido prior?  I am trying to figure out how drive / desire prior effects the possibility of loss afterwards.  I have a very high sex drive and am thinking with a more feminine body (Happier self image) that would increase.  But I am scared to lose my libido as it is part of me and brings me a lot of joy.

Thank you so much!
Pam

Almost zero prior. I hated my body so I had no desire to use it. I did make some kids but it was no fun at all.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.

Offline PamelaMTF

Thank you so much for your replies krobinson103 and Linde! Your answers are steering me in the right direction on my journey :)

Offline nz_maddie

Thanks for asking this question, Pamela, libido is not all that important to me and I am looking forward to it reducing to be honest but my wife is keen on being able to continue with 'business as usual' for as long as I can.

Just a kiwi girl, shuffling along, trying to grow wings

Offline Tamara Tilly

• Friend
9 months HRT, 3 months post-orchie. I haven't had any issues with libido, erections are possible but less hard, orgasms are female type. Sex is fine, including penetrative sex, tho for other reasons I don't do that as much.

This is my experience too.

You'll probably notice some shrinkage in penis size over time.

Orgasms tend to be more 'whole body', as Aoife says.

Offline Linde

You'll probably notice some shrinkage in penis size over time.

Orgasms tend to be more 'whole body', as Aoife says.
Mine has shrunk so much that i can wear any kind of female bottom clothing (including bathing suits) that there is no hint of a bulge left.

What is an orgasm?  I lost all my memory about it!  I tried to stimulate myself with a vibrator a few times, but gave up after a while, because my arm got to tired!