Author Topic: Just another mtf tale  (Read 8693 times)

Offline CaelaNotKayla

• Everyone needs a little glam sometime!
Re: Just another mtf tale
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2020, 01:25:46 pm »

If the shoulder straps are too short, does that lift the breasts up higher than they should naturally be for you, or it is such a misfit that it hurts and does not give support?

Chrissy
@ChrissyRyan

Chrissy-

Quite uncomfortable, kind of how I would imagine a chest binder would feel...  I had to stop buying by the stated size.  I have to actually look at the garment up close and see how much those straps can extend.

Caela
My Blog Thread - The Chronicles of Caela

Who knew it'd be so bright without the blindfold - Demi Lovato

Offline mm

« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2020, 04:41:04 pm »
Also need to check that the band is not to high, should be the same level on you all the way around.

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #222 on: October 04, 2020, 12:02:10 pm »
Shoulder straps seem to be my nemesis!  Some brands will, even with the shoulder strap fully extended, put the band up to two inches higher than my fit.  I've been thinking of taking the measuring tape from my sewing kit on my shopping trips, so I can at least take garment measurements until more of the changing rooms open back up. 

Hi Caela, that sounds like a great idea!

I have heard of that problem. Multiway bras (those that can be worn normal style, halter style or racer-back crossed style) tend to have longer straps so might be worth looking into, though you may only be able to use the standard shoulder-strap style with them.

I'm not particularly tall (1.7m or 5'7) and I adjust the straps so that they are nearly at fullest extent on a normal bra myself...

Hugs back! Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Offline Ellie_Arroway

• ellie_arroway@susans.org
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2020, 04:29:31 pm »
Hello all!

I do not have nearly as much free time as I used to, hence the lower volume of posts from me recently; however, I thought it was time for an update.

I have had two professional laser sessions for my moustache and beard area now, and I believe they are working; though it is probably going to take 9 to 12 sessions to get rid of most of it.

After four months of waiting, I saw a psychologist today (under private care). I have been diagnosed with gender incongruence. Of course, that's what I was seeking as it is a step towards getting hormone therapy under private care; yet it is somewhat bittersweet because there's that part of me that says "Why me?". I have an appointment with an endocrinologist booked for next March. The current wait for the Welsh gender service is 30 months so I can expect a wait of a further 18 months before I get access to NHS care.

And finally, the finasteride I am taking to restore my lovely locks hasn't had nearly enough of an effect on my chrome dome yet... but I do believe I am witnessing some very small changes in my body; hips seem to be 2-3cm larger over the past three months, and my breasts seem better-defined although I do not believe they are actually bigger.

I hope everyone is well on this site and I'm sorry that I can't be here very often these days!

Love and hugs,

Ellie
Started seriously questioning: 24 Aug 2019
Referred to GIC: 23 Sep 2019
Full-time female presentation since: 21 Oct 2019, unbroken since 12 Dec 2019
Official name change by deed poll: 11 Nov 2019
HRT: "kind of" started 15 Jul 2020
Most of my story is in the Just another mtf tale thread!
Twitch streamer MusicEllie

Online Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2020, 04:38:39 pm »
@Ellie_Arroway
Dear Ellie:
Thank you for coming back to your thread after One Month of no updates.  As I and the rest of your followers will attest, we miss seeing and reading your updates, plus it is good therapy for you to write out what you are going through and sharing your life events with all of us.   We are your biggest fans and we are wishing you happiness and success as you continue in your journey.

I am so sorry to read of all the delays that you are facing with appointments with psychologists and medical doctors that you require for you to continue your journey.

I am pleased that you are seeing some body changes so far... there is much more to come!!!

Thank you for your update and for sharing...
I trust that you will stay safe and stay healthy.
HUGS,

Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 41

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2020, 06:37:08 pm »
Hey Ellie, I feel your pain over the hair falling out, I'm in that same position (Jon Renau has become my friend over these past few months).

Depending on how much bio hair you have, this may be a bit extreme, but I saw an article where Dr. Niall Kirkpatrick (who is based in London) performed some crazy tissue expansion on a patient who had a large scar on his head, and he was able to restore the hairline (but again, I'm not suggesting that's the best idea, as this other patient had to keep an expander in the back of his head for six months, but it drove me to reach out to Dr. Kirkpatrick's PA last year...only to find out it would run about a total of £10000)/ .
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Tags: