Author Topic: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.  (Read 26679 times)

Offline davina61

• The ramblings of an old dear
Re: Davina's Diary series 2 , the final stage.
« Reply #620 on: December 24, 2020, 04:52:50 am »
Wishing you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all that bother to read my ramblings.
 Just made a parcel up for the BFF as she has gone veggie so got some lentils and a load of spices , wrote out 2 dal recipes for her . She made leek and potato soup/stew yesterday and said it was tasteless , well these dal's should sort that!! 
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever.
I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #621 on: December 24, 2020, 05:00:35 am »
Wishing you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all that bother to read my ramblings.
 Just made a parcel up for the BFF as she has gone veggie so got some lentils and a load of spices , wrote out 2 dal recipes for her . She made leek and potato soup/stew yesterday and said it was tasteless , well these dal's should sort that!!
When is "Davina's Curry Manual" going to print???

Happy Christmas! X

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline davina61

« Reply #622 on: December 24, 2020, 10:54:02 am »
I just follow my 6 recipe books, made the salmon en cruet and had some spinach left over so made a batch of spinach poori . That will make a change from yorkie puds!! only think is mum wont eat them as they have a chilli in the mix (strong cheese "brings her mouth out") . Also did the pigs in blankets, bacon stuffing rolls and used up the left over pastry from salmon to make small sausage rolls. Will do veg in morning as not that much.

I get pushed out of shape and its hard to steer when I get rubber in all 4 gears (Beach Boys ,little deuce coupe)

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #623 on: December 24, 2020, 03:10:38 pm »
Davina that all sounds wonderful!  Merry Christmas and warmest wishes for an excellent New Year!
  The heart has reasons that reason can not understand.

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #624 on: December 24, 2020, 03:55:47 pm »
Thanks, BFF popped in to drop my card and gift in . Had a strong Porter beer and now on my 2nd dark rum and mango and its gone to my head, should sleep well then-----------

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #625 on: December 24, 2020, 04:19:33 pm »
Thanks, BFF popped in to drop my card and gift in . Had a strong Porter beer and now on my 2nd dark rum and mango and its gone to my head, should sleep well then-----------
If you fall asleep you won't hear the sleigh bells . X

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken." - D. H. Lawrence

Offline davina61

« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2020, 04:08:59 am »
Santa mum brought all my gifts with here (looks like Santa forgot my new address!!) We had a good blow out with salmon en cruet starter , turkey with all the roasts and veg and trimmings. Made my own gravy from turkey juice and got it a bit thick but thats how I like it. Opened presents and got some nice gifts, eldest lad made me a D on a board out of copper pipe fittings (what do you expect from a plumber!) , daughter had some little books of the grandkids photos made so that was very nice as missing seeing them, my sister got me a cook book called kitchen favourites with lots of TV chef recipes from soups through to puds and cookies . Mum got me an angle grinder (my pick as worn my old one out) and youngest just put some money in a card (about right!)
 Have a LOAD of food left and thats after dividing it up between myself and mum, bubble and squeak today with turkey jalfrezi and will be making a turkey and mushroom pie with any left over veg chucked in. With all the cake, Christmas pud,biscuits, sweets and all looks like the diet will have to wait till the end of Jan. 

Offline Megan.

• Homepage & Blog
« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2020, 04:17:44 am »
Santa mum brought all my gifts with here (looks like Santa forgot my new address!!) We had a good blow out with salmon en cruet starter , turkey with all the roasts and veg and trimmings. Made my own gravy from turkey juice and got it a bit thick but thats how I like it. Opened presents and got some nice gifts, eldest lad made me a D on a board out of copper pipe fittings (what do you expect from a plumber!) , daughter had some little books of the grandkids photos made so that was very nice as missing seeing them, my sister got me a cook book called kitchen favourites with lots of TV chef recipes from soups through to puds and cookies . Mum got me an angle grinder (my pick as worn my old one out) and youngest just put some money in a card (about right!)
 Have a LOAD of food left and thats after dividing it up between myself and mum, bubble and squeak today with turkey jalfrezi and will be making a turkey and mushroom pie with any left over veg chucked in. With all the cake, Christmas pud,biscuits, sweets and all looks like the diet will have to wait till the end of Jan.
Sounds like a lovely day. Merry Christmas hon. X

Offline davina61

« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2020, 07:54:40 am »
The bubble and squeak turned into a sort of fajita, mixed 2 eggs into it fried it and stuck it under grill. Had the remains of salmon and some pigs in blankets. Only ate 1/2 the rest for for tea!

Offline davina61

« Reply #629 on: December 27, 2020, 02:48:42 am »
Getting reflective or should that be stuck in on my own and bored . As much as I like being on my own so I can do as I please I am missing company. TBH (think I said this before) building the hot rod is the only thing keeping me sane /giving me a purpose , still do have a focus on getting fitter for GRS ,working on voice and hopefully some facial torture.
 Looks like we are in for a cold spell next week 2 or 3 C with wintery showers and maybe a dusting of snow on hills, looks like the space heater might get used in the unit. Todays cooking is cauliflower and potato curry to use up the cauliflower before its past using, should go well with my turkey pie.
Just to keep me occupied decided to sort my paperwork out (bit of an elephant in the room job) , lots to throw away and files to make up . Bit like some of @Danielles clients its got shoved in a big pile in my desk.

Offline davina61

« Reply #630 on: December 28, 2020, 03:50:05 am »
Not quite up to Alaskan standards and as usual for this country late but its snowing ! Did complanate going to the unit but its to cold so its duvet day again .
Now I did say the hormones had little mental effect on me but found this last few days it doesn't take much to make me weepy , think with the slow start low level I have only been on high dose for a year . One thing I have found is my alcohol tolerance is very low (it was never that high anyway) and more than one bevey  and it makes me feel ill.
 This is what I woke up to this morning.

Offline Jessica_K

« Reply #631 on: December 28, 2020, 08:53:42 am »
I am finding my self quite weepy of late, it does not take much to start me off. Christmas Day started with a cry, all our plans dashed a few days earlier, not able to see friends and family.
Spent the day cooking and watching telly.

Let’s hope the new year improves things. 

Jessica xx

Offline davina61

« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2020, 03:00:44 am »
Need to see if my car will start after being sat for 4 days, its freezing and I think battery is going . Need to empty my  kitchen bin (stinky!!) also want to go to the food shop, have cream cheese and lemons that need using and there is a lemon cheese cake recipe in my new cook book. Lacking in single cream and digestive biscuits to make it.

Offline davina61

« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2020, 05:59:07 am »
Yup battery dying , have ordered new one but cant collect till I get a jump start. Made the cheese cake now bored again!!!

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #634 on: December 29, 2020, 07:24:52 am »
Davina you combine the best of both genders:  baking and car repair!!! ;D

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #635 on: December 29, 2020, 07:34:41 am »
Not a lot of difference !! take your components and fit together following the manual 

Offline Emma1017

« Reply #636 on: December 29, 2020, 08:13:35 am »

But unfortunately for you, baking ingredients are easier to come by than car parts but, hopefully, you don't have to crawl under the stove to make repairs. ;D

My Transgender Manifesto

Offline davina61

« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2020, 04:12:44 am »
Its when you need a pry bar to get a cake out of a tin !! Sat here I have been thinking (never a good thing) and pondering , I was and still am having trouble putting thoughts into words but its made me realize I am missing something . I have always felt I was waiting for something to happen but don't know what that is , strange but maybe its linked to my past life "memories" I get or is that just wishful thinking. Having someone to talk to openly is one thing I know I need, the BFF was my comfort and not seeing her for ages has not helped. Will shut up before I say to much eyes starting to water, just missing a cuddle-----------

Offline Pammie

« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2020, 05:07:44 am »
Its when you need a pry bar to get a cake out of a tin !! Sat here I have been thinking (never a good thing) and pondering , I was and still am having trouble putting thoughts into words but its made me realize I am missing something . I have always felt I was waiting for something to happen but don't know what that is , strange but maybe its linked to my past life "memories" I get or is that just wishful thinking. Having someone to talk to openly is one thing I know I need, the BFF was my comfort and not seeing her for ages has not helped. Will shut up before I say to much eyes starting to water, just missing a cuddle-----------
Oh Davina, I understand that so much. It’s not the same but sending virtual hugs! Im lucky to have my Andy but I also know that I don’t see anything like enough of him!
Ur a lovely person and deserve lots of cuddles xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davina61

« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2020, 05:31:40 am »
Thanks Pam HUGS back.

Tags: