Author Topic: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)  (Read 33737 times)

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
Re: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)
« Reply #180 on: June 15, 2021, 05:26:42 pm »
@SarahEL
Dear Sarah:
Thank you for sharing your before and after pictures.

Wow-Whee .... an amazing difference in just 4 years! 
You look absolutely amazing and beautiful as the new you.

Again, thank you for sharing.
HUGS and more HUGS   
Danielle

I have been having a bit of a rough time just lately, and lost a lot of self-confidence.. so I tried to find the 'last' good picture of me as male, and paired it with a picture of me that has my hair up and just eyeliner on for a good comparison.

Never going back to being that unhappy fellow! (BTW, this 4 years ago, and yesterday!)..
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

« Reply #181 on: June 15, 2021, 05:42:05 pm »
@Jaymilynn
Dear Jaymilyn:
Thank you for treating all of us to your before and after photo comparison....
... a dramatic and beautiful change for sure.. i just One Year.

It can only get better from this point on....  Please continue to keep us
all updated.

Thank you for sharing your photos... 

OH, BTW, I love your curly hair, mine is straight as an arrow unless I take drastic actions...
HUGS and best wishes as you continue on.
Danielle

These are almost exactly a year apart. I love seeing everyone’s posts. Let’s keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
  • Will the real me... please stand up!
« Reply #182 on: July 30, 2021, 08:50:59 am »
Not really a "Before and After", but I thought I'd show a difference a year and a half makes. My hair has grown pretty good.

Katie Ellen

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2021, 02:48:30 am »
Not really a "Before and After", but I thought I'd show a difference a year and a half makes. My hair has grown pretty good.

Yes. I see a substantial difference. Just curious what was your secret method?

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2021, 09:02:53 am »
Yes. I see a substantial difference. Just curious what was your secret method?

barbie~~

My secret method? Probably the same as most. Sublingual E, but no spiro. Biggest difference is hair and less eye make up I guess.
Katie Ellen

Offline borntrans

• Neighbor
    • Megan O'Howe
« Reply #185 on: August 03, 2021, 08:04:49 pm »
this topic gives me hope.  ;D I'm almost 1.5 months on HRT so ill have my own to post when I go full time soon. Im still trying to find a good human hair wig I can afford too. I heard a place in the other city from me say they have human hair wigs and help people find the right one and have it sized right. I just started growing out my hair just before HRT but I might be able to see if a hairstylist can do something with it to cover the balding.
Megan Started HRT June 22, 2021. Started living full time August 28, 2021.

Offline Katie Ellen

• Friend
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2021, 09:35:32 am »
this topic gives me hope.  ;D I'm almost 1.5 months on HRT so ill have my own to post when I go full time soon. Im still trying to find a good human hair wig I can afford too. I heard a place in the other city from me say they have human hair wigs and help people find the right one and have it sized right. I just started growing out my hair just before HRT but I might be able to see if a hairstylist can do something with it to cover the balding.

My hair is pretty long now. Probably 14-15 inches. I haven't cut it in 2.5 years. However, it is very fine and kind of thinnest on my grown. Right after washing, it plumps up and looks better, but I can't wash it every day. I bought a cheap synthetic hair "topper" that I sometimes use. It gives me fullness on the top and it's much lighter than a full wig. I want to buy a human hair one, but they're a lot more expensive and my hair color is kind of hard to match. If you have enough hair on top to attach it to, you might want to consider it?

Me without and with:

Katie Ellen

Offline JessicaNicole

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2021, 08:58:02 am »
Hey All...

I haven’t done a post in this newest Before and After thread so... here we go! 😀!!!

In my early 50s... I was lost...🌺

Untitled by Ashleyll, on Flickr

And now I am found 🌺

Age 59 and a few months... Now a wife, step-mother, grandmother, public speaker and a thousand other things I never dreamed that I would be... until I decided to do the one thing that is, at once, the most simple of things... yet most difficult of things... to be myself

by Ashleyll, on Flickr

by Ashleyll, on Flickr

And now... A few unsolicited thoughts for those of you who have found yourself here, considering life's possibilities... and are starting to realize that your life... will never truly be YOUR life... until a few changes are made...

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armored shell you have worn for a lifetime to serve the expectations of others and to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face....

Embrace the things that express your inner truth... Show the world and those you Love ...Finally... Who you truly are... Embrace the liberation found in jumping off a cliff in your life even though you don’t completely know what lies below... There is a quote I like by Martin Luther King...

“Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”

It is never too late.... CHOOSE to see how you will make your life an expression of who you truly are... not the reasons you cannot... A journey of a thousand steps is taken one at a time...Don’t get lost in the details...  Keep moving forward!!!... In the end, your life will be what you make it... So,... Make it glorious!... make it what you want... make it what you need.... Make it a life well lived... Leave regrets behind you where they belong... All shall be well 🌻

LIVE LIFE... LOVE LIFE...

Onward we go brave sisters,

Ashley  🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Ashley, Thank you reaching out. I can't reply to PM yet so I will respond here. This is wonderful! Your life has really changed course. This is exactly what I want if I am honest. I kick myself everyday for the way that I came out to my family. Pointless to do that I know, but just frustrating as another missed/botched opportunity. Sometimes I feel like I am the butt of the joke to the universe, much as I always was in my friend groups growing up. Why did the universe let me get so far in life before letting me in on the secret? Why did it have to involve hurting people I love? Why bring me so far only to leave me with so many unanswered questions?

Your example is inspiring to say the least and it definitely shows what is possible.  My favorite part of your post was reading you're a wife and grandmother. That made my heart swell. I believe it can all be done. But I haven't convinced myself that "I" can do it.  After 50 years I have played my role so well I am having a hard time overcoming the voice in my head saying "you're not the type."  Yet I realize there is no "type". We are all unique and therefore anyone can be "the type". Doctors, lawyers, politicians, baristas, construction workers, nurses, teachers, and on and on.

I have always been ok with taking my own risks when I thought I was the only one that could be hurt, but throughout my life I have shy'd (sp?) away from things, moments, opportunities that might leave me responsible for hurting others.  I grew up wanting to be an entrepreneur. But I decided that if I wanted a family that was too risky so I got a degree to get a corporate job. In college I went to law school to become a lawyer thinking I could help people. But a few well placed conversations with people I trusted left me feeling insecure and worried I would mess up and hurt the very people I wanted to help.  It took two years post law school to talk myself into taking the bar exam. When I didn't pass I told myself it was better that way because I would obviously fail and hurt my clients anyway.  (I missed passing by 12 points and I didn't answer 3 of the essay questions because I in my nervousness on test day, I misread the instructions and thought I had all day to answer the 5 questions they gave me. It turned out that those questions were just part 1 of the questions for the day.  I averaged 15 points per essay that I answered. But I never went back.)

Now here I am again. Critical life decision in front of me and despite knowing what I need for me, all I can see is the hurt that I am causing my kids and my wife.  I want what you have achieved and I hate that I am not doing the work and not willing to make the sacrifices that it requires.

Online Jessica_Rose

« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2021, 10:50:51 am »
I guess this is a 'way before' and after photo. The photo on the left was taken 39 years ago, I was 20 at the time. The photo on the right was taken a few weeks ago. When I started my journey I was certain that I would 'make one ugly woman', but I had to take that leap into the unknown to allow myself to be myself. Don't think about all of the things you will need to do for transition, don't try to plan it all out or you may never start. Just take that first step, and then another, and another... one day you will be startled to see a beautiful person staring at you, and suddenly realize it is simply your reflection.

'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.' -- Lao Tzu

Love always -- Jessica Rose

1982 vs 2021

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2021, 04:36:40 pm »
Ashley, Thank you reaching out. I can't reply to PM yet so I will respond here. This is wonderful! Your life has really changed course. This is exactly what I want if I am honest. I kick myself everyday for the way that I came out to my family. Pointless to do that I know, but just frustrating as another missed/botched opportunity. Sometimes I feel like I am the butt of the joke to the universe, much as I always was in my friend groups growing up. Why did the universe let me get so far in life before letting me in on the secret? Why did it have to involve hurting people I love? Why bring me so far only to leave me with so many unanswered questions?

Your example is inspiring to say the least and it definitely shows what is possible.  My favorite part of your post was reading you're a wife and grandmother. That made my heart swell. I believe it can all be done. But I haven't convinced myself that "I" can do it.  After 50 years I have played my role so well I am having a hard time overcoming the voice in my head saying "you're not the type."  Yet I realize there is no "type". We are all unique and therefore anyone can be "the type". Doctors, lawyers, politicians, baristas, construction workers, nurses, teachers, and on and on.

I have always been ok with taking my own risks when I thought I was the only one that could be hurt, but throughout my life I have shy'd (sp?) away from things, moments, opportunities that might leave me responsible for hurting others.  I grew up wanting to be an entrepreneur. But I decided that if I wanted a family that was too risky so I got a degree to get a corporate job. In college I went to law school to become a lawyer thinking I could help people. But a few well placed conversations with people I trusted left me feeling insecure and worried I would mess up and hurt the very people I wanted to help.  It took two years post law school to talk myself into taking the bar exam. When I didn't pass I told myself it was better that way because I would obviously fail and hurt my clients anyway.  (I missed passing by 12 points and I didn't answer 3 of the essay questions because I in my nervousness on test day, I misread the instructions and thought I had all day to answer the 5 questions they gave me. It turned out that those questions were just part 1 of the questions for the day.  I averaged 15 points per essay that I answered. But I never went back.)

Now here I am again. Critical life decision in front of me and despite knowing what I need for me, all I can see is the hurt that I am causing my kids and my wife.  I want what you have achieved and I hate that I am not doing the work and not willing to make the sacrifices that it requires.

@JessicaNicole

Hello Again Dear Sister!

I have read through all your posts including the one about your experience with therapy/therapists thus far!… The fact that you just joined the forum and are delving into things within you, in the manner you are… asking the questions you are…speaks volumes… I think you have answered many of your questions yourself!… yet…when we stand at the edge of a cliff… it is hard to know that our answers are sound and that we can trust them… I believe you came here seeking a path forward to what you want… That path exists! 🌻

I realize you feel a bit at a loss for the support you desire… both from the multiple therapy environments and sadly from your family as well… The good news is… you are building support right here!… We all walk our own journey but we all share so very many common threads… Please know we all see some of ourselves in everything you have written 🌻

I have seen so many girls here over the years who feel very boxed in and afraid… as you do… afraid of hurting others… afraid of how a transitioned life might turn out… how they will be seen and treated by others…Fear Management.. Acceptance that there WILL BE fear… and it is okay to be scared as you move into unknown territory is part of moving forward… Look around this Before/After thread and you will see many sisters in spirit who have moved forward…  note the grim looks… the lack of real smile in the before pics… note the genuine smiles and the glow in the faces of those same people, as they claim a life that reflects the person inside 🌻

Our maleness… in many cases… is like an ill fitting garment we were handed to wear long ago… we could never wear anything else as we bowed to the expectations of others… we come to a point in which the garment becomes way too tight… we need to tear it away or be strangled by it… I think that is where you now find yourself 🌻

Perspective is a huge piece of the pie … We often get fixed on the view we find through one lens and never choose to view things through another lens…. I know your children’s feelings are a huge obstacle for you… consider looking through the lens in which they will eventually be able to see you, their parent… in new ways…  it takes people a while to remake a long held view of us… consider that they will grow as people as they go through that process and…consider that they would have the advantage of finally knowing their own parent at a much deeper level despite the birthing pains of the process…. I know, that as a parent… you made many decisions on their behalf that were painful for them as kids but needed to be made… because you are a loving parent 🌻

Anyway Jessica…  Just some of my thoughts for you to consider or reject outright as you see fit!… There is a lot to all this… and much reward in finding the answers in all of it that work best for you!!! … All good things to you as you find your way!… I will PM you some additional contact info for me to use as much or as little as you like! 🌻

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Offline JessicaNicole

« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2021, 01:11:13 pm »
@JessicaNicole

Hello Again Dear Sister!

I have read through all your posts including the one about your experience with therapy/therapists thus far!… The fact that you just joined the forum and are delving into things within you, in the manner you are… asking the questions you are…speaks volumes… I think you have answered many of your questions yourself!… yet…when we stand at the edge of a cliff… it is hard to know that our answers are sound and that we can trust them… I believe you came here seeking a path forward to what you want… That path exists! 🌻

I realize you feel a bit at a loss for the support you desire… both from the multiple therapy environments and sadly from your family as well… The good news is… you are building support right here!… We all walk our own journey but we all share so very many common threads… Please know we all see some of ourselves in everything you have written 🌻

I have seen so many girls here over the years who feel very boxed in and afraid… as you do… afraid of hurting others… afraid of how a transitioned life might turn out… how they will be seen and treated by others…Fear Management.. Acceptance that there WILL BE fear… and it is okay to be scared as you move into unknown territory is part of moving forward… Look around this Before/After thread and you will see many sisters in spirit who have moved forward…  note the grim looks… the lack of real smile in the before pics… note the genuine smiles and the glow in the faces of those same people, as they claim a life that reflects the person inside 🌻

Our maleness… in many cases… is like an ill fitting garment we were handed to wear long ago… we could never wear anything else as we bowed to the expectations of others… we come to a point in which the garment becomes way too tight… we need to tear it away or be strangled by it… I think that is where you now find yourself 🌻

Perspective is a huge piece of the pie … We often get fixed on the view we find through one lens and never choose to view things through another lens…. I know your children’s feelings are a huge obstacle for you… consider looking through the lens in which they will eventually be able to see you, their parent… in new ways…  it takes people a while to remake a long held view of us… consider that they will grow as people as they go through that process and…consider that they would have the advantage of finally knowing their own parent at a much deeper level despite the birthing pains of the process…. I know, that as a parent… you made many decisions on their behalf that were painful for them as kids but needed to be made… because you are a loving parent 🌻

Anyway Jessica…  Just some of my thoughts for you to consider or reject outright as you see fit!… There is a lot to all this… and much reward in finding the answers in all of it that work best for you!!! … All good things to you as you find your way!… I will PM you some additional contact info for me to use as much or as little as you like! 🌻

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

Ashley,
First, omg you are a wonderful writer.  Makes sense I guess since you are a public speaker. You probably have a ton of experience formulating your thoughts into writing.

You are spot on in your assessment of where I feel I am right now in my journey and experience. Most importantly I think your explanation of perspective is very much the hurdle I am having difficulty clearing. I have lived for so long looking at my life from the perspective of the male persona that I built for everyone else to meet their expectations, that I have lost sight from my true inner perspective of how I see myself and the world as I move through it. Life of course has taught me that is the safest way to exist.  But I feel that inner perspective screaming to be acknowledged everyday now. It used to come and go, never quite as loud. It began to reach the surface about 6 years ago and by then I had gone through so many cycles of purge and repeat that I finally said, "fine I'm just going to see where this leads."  That was the true beginning of my awakening and personal acceptance. By 2019 I could literally stand in the shower in the mornings and when I closed my eyes I could feel that perspective shift.  I could feel the water running over my female body. I could feel sensations from areas of my body I had never really noticed before. With my eyes closed I was a woman standing in that shower.  Ever since then those sensations have only grown stronger. I feel like I literally am wearing a "male body suit" directly over my female body. I am that full and that close to the surface. 

And then reality crashes back in as I exit the shower and dry off and see my aging face and male body in the mirror. I then spend the rest of the day wrestling between the need to be fully ME and the impact to my family and the life they know. Perhaps the biggest part of that is the impact on my youngest daughter who is just graduating high school in May.  With graduation and moving off to college next fall, she is going through her own major changes and I want to allow her the comfort and space to do that without complicating things by having dad show up as a woman to her graduation.  But I also think that in that short amount of time a decision by me to live more authentically may not even be visible to others in that short amount of time.  This is the point where the fear that you mentioned takes over and finds every excuse. Telling me "but then you have to wait for this to happen, and then there's this other thing..." I try to remind myself that there is never a "good time" for difficult news, but then I try to negotiate with myself.

Essentially I know you get it. And so many of the trans women have had to overcome these same obstacles.  I appreciate your guidance and support and thank you for offering your contact info.  I will send you an email to open a more direct channel.

Better days ahead!
Jess <3

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2021, 06:51:36 pm »
Ashley,
First, omg you are a wonderful writer.  Makes sense I guess since you are a public speaker. You probably have a ton of experience formulating your thoughts into writing.

You are spot on in your assessment of where I feel I am right now in my journey and experience. Most importantly I think your explanation of perspective is very much the hurdle I am having difficulty clearing. I have lived for so long looking at my life from the perspective of the male persona that I built for everyone else to meet their expectations, that I have lost sight from my true inner perspective of how I see myself and the world as I move through it. Life of course has taught me that is the safest way to exist.  But I feel that inner perspective screaming to be acknowledged everyday now. It used to come and go, never quite as loud. It began to reach the surface about 6 years ago and by then I had gone through so many cycles of purge and repeat that I finally said, "fine I'm just going to see where this leads."  That was the true beginning of my awakening and personal acceptance. By 2019 I could literally stand in the shower in the mornings and when I closed my eyes I could feel that perspective shift.  I could feel the water running over my female body. I could feel sensations from areas of my body I had never really noticed before. With my eyes closed I was a woman standing in that shower.  Ever since then those sensations have only grown stronger. I feel like I literally am wearing a "male body suit" directly over my female body. I am that full and that close to the surface. 

And then reality crashes back in as I exit the shower and dry off and see my aging face and male body in the mirror. I then spend the rest of the day wrestling between the need to be fully ME and the impact to my family and the life they know. Perhaps the biggest part of that is the impact on my youngest daughter who is just graduating high school in May.  With graduation and moving off to college next fall, she is going through her own major changes and I want to allow her the comfort and space to do that without complicating things by having dad show up as a woman to her graduation.  But I also think that in that short amount of time a decision by me to live more authentically may not even be visible to others in that short amount of time.  This is the point where the fear that you mentioned takes over and finds every excuse. Telling me "but then you have to wait for this to happen, and then there's this other thing..." I try to remind myself that there is never a "good time" for difficult news, but then I try to negotiate with myself.

Essentially I know you get it. And so many of the trans women have had to overcome these same obstacles.  I appreciate your guidance and support and thank you for offering your contact info.  I will send you an email to open a more direct channel.

Better days ahead!
Jess <3

@JessicaNicole

Thank you for the kind words sister!… I do feel that speaking in public makes demands upon you that are quite beneficial in many areas of your life that pertain to communication and self knowledge…. As we seek to find the best words to convey to others, the nature of our experiences… we come to new levels of self examination and self understanding. 🌻

I have recommended the experience to others many times over the years…. I started because I did not know what would come of my decision to live as my true self but…. I saw the experience of walking into rooms full of strangers…. and speaking my peace about what had always been my deepest secret… as a skill that would serve me well… It did give me confidence in facing the world and I continue doing it now for the love of the connection with new people and the love of offering new perspectives on who we are and what this is all about…. There are so many misconceptions floating around and often those are all people have to draw on as they form their opinions🌻

You feel a bit boxed in right now but… all that you seek is within your grasp… all challenges ahead can be met… all obstacles ahead can be navigated…

I look forward to your email and… for the moment… A snippet of Walt Whitman’s “Song of the Open Road” to fuel your journey!…It speaks to finding ourself… finding our place in the world and our place amongst others along life’s journey…

“From this hour I ordain myself loos’d of limits and imaginary lines,
Going where I list, my own master total and absolute,
Listening to others, considering well what they say,
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will, divesting myself of the holds that would hold me.
I inhale great draughts of space,
The east and the west are mine, and the north and the south are mine.

I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness.

All seems beautiful to me,
I can repeat over to men and women You have done such good to me I would do the same to you,
I will recruit for myself and you as I go,
I will scatter myself among men and women as I go,
I will toss a new gladness and roughness among them,
Whoever denies me it shall not trouble me,
Whoever accepts me he or she shall be blessed and shall bless me.”

Onward we go brave sister!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After

Offline JessicaNicole

« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2021, 10:21:00 am »
Stunning and you look fantastic! X

I opened the door and the light shone in

Hello dear friend!  This was certainly a happy circumstance running into your post. The moment I saw your face I was so excited that I had a friend here already.  I am looking forward to the many more friends I will make here and have already chatted with some wonderful people.  I just wanted to say "hi". I'm sure we will be chatting some more very soon. And hopefully I will be posting my own before and after in the near future.

Jess <3

PS Did you ever get the gift card ( ;))

Offline Jaymilynn

• Friend
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2021, 01:40:55 pm »
It’s been awhile. I’m gonna do a way back. I think the first pic is like 8 years ago.

Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain

Offline Jaymilynn

• Friend
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2021, 01:41:33 pm »
I was 277 in that pic. I’m 194 now.

Do the thing you fear the most and the death of fear is certain

« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2021, 02:17:20 pm »
I was 277 in that pic. I’m 194 now.

@Jaymilynn
Dear Jaymilynn:
Wonderful progress and a terrific weight loss... you look terrific!!!
Thank you for sharing!
HUGS,
Danielle
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #196 on: October 29, 2021, 08:14:59 pm »
Jaymilynn, Jessica, Ashley, everyone...just wow! :)

What Jessica posted gave me that extra bit of courage to post something I had been dwelling on for a while.   

This coming Tuesday, will mark my first full year on HRT, and I actually found an old picture from my high school yearbook, almost exactly 30 years prior.

How I presented outwardly came across to many as a dark, disturbed, troubled young person.  What I wasn't able to share with anyone, was that I was a girl who was in a lot of pain, screaming out in a language that simply couldn't be understood by those around.   

I think a few of us have mentioned this as well, and the same is with me.  As I am finally looking and feeling like what I actually am, it gets harder to see older pictures, where I was suffering for so much.   

But,  there is hope.  Life is looking brighter each day.   
Again, I just wanted to say, thank you, everyone.   Each one of you have been instrumental in inspiring me to be who and what I really am, and in doing so, you played a part in saving my life.

Thank you. :)

(30 years ago, in hiding, and in pain):

(From this past week, and feeling true peace):

Incidentally, I'm wearing black in both. :)
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #197 on: October 30, 2021, 01:21:42 pm »
Jaymilynn, Jessica, Ashley, everyone...just wow! :)

What Jessica posted gave me that extra bit of courage to post something I had been dwelling on for a while.   

This coming Tuesday, will mark my first full year on HRT, and I actually found an old picture from my high school yearbook, almost exactly 30 years prior.

How I presented outwardly came across to many as a dark, disturbed, troubled young person.  What I wasn't able to share with anyone, was that I was a girl who was in a lot of pain, screaming out in a language that simply couldn't be understood by those around.   

I think a few of us have mentioned this as well, and the same is with me.  As I am finally looking and feeling like what I actually am, it gets harder to see older pictures, where I was suffering for so much.   

But,  there is hope.  Life is looking brighter each day.   
Again, I just wanted to say, thank you, everyone.   Each one of you have been instrumental in inspiring me to be who and what I really am, and in doing so, you played a part in saving my life.

Thank you. :)

(30 years ago, in hiding, and in pain):

(From this past week, and feeling true peace):

Incidentally, I'm wearing black in both. :)

@TSL_NB

Vivian!!!

You have traveled far in life and outlook My Beautiful Sister!!!… I think that it is part of the process for most of us… going through that phase of life where we live as lost males… it gives us a chance to try many directions and… at the point we come to transitions path… we can then walk it with the assurance and knowledge that those other directions did not lead to where we needed to be and see that our new last resort path of transition was the path of True Hope all along… it was always patiently awaiting us 🌻

Kudos to you for all you have made happen in your life… The good news is… You are just getting started!!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

It’s been awhile. I’m gonna do a way back. I think the first pic is like 8 years ago.

@Jaymilynn

Jaymilynn!

There’s my Beautiful Little Sister!!!… Your pics always make me smile girl!!! You have embraced your journey since day 1 🌻

Onward we go brave sisters!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #198 on: October 31, 2021, 07:43:51 am »
@TSL_NB

Vivian!!!

You have traveled far in life and outlook My Beautiful Sister!!!… I think that it is part of the process for most of us… going through that phase of life where we live as lost males… it gives us a chance to try many directions and… at the point we come to transitions path… we can then walk it with the assurance and knowledge that those other directions did not lead to where we needed to be and see that our new last resort path of transition was the path of True Hope all along… it was always patiently awaiting us 🌻

Kudos to you for all you have made happen in your life… The good news is… You are just getting started!!!!

Hugs!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

@Jaymilynn

Jaymilynn!

There’s my Beautiful Little Sister!!!… Your pics always make me smile girl!!! You have embraced your journey since day 1 🌻

Onward we go brave sisters!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

Hey Ashley, thank you sis! :)

It's absolutely true, I had spent a good portion of my life trying to emulate a lot of roles, in hopes I could effectively erase myself.  It took years and years, to really accept, that who and what I am, is NOT a mistake, and NOT a sin. 
I'm so thankful to be here, and my kids, and everyone, now has 100% of me in their lives. :)

Jaymilynn, I'll echo what Ashley said.  You're an absolutely beautiful and amazing woman, and I'm thankful you're here. :)
And, the same goes with all of us - I'm thankful for you all! :)
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline mm

« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2021, 10:45:57 am »
Jaymilynn, I know you feel so much better about yourself at 194, The success you have had in losing so much and I expect you have more energy now too.  Have you a goal wt that that you would like to be?

Tags: