Author Topic: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)  (Read 32824 times)

Offline TSL_NB

Re: The All New 'Before & After' Topic (v 5.0)
« Reply #200 on: November 25, 2021, 05:04:34 pm »
Some years ago, I would find myself doing Google searches on others' journeys.   I added something in another forum, in hopes it helps others, the same way everyones' posts have helped me.  I thought I would share it here, as well.

This is five years difference.  The left is from 2016, I was 42 then.  The right is from two days ago, one year and one month of estradiol, and I'm now 47.  I'm smiling in both, but there is a lot of pain behind that smile five years ago.   The smile from two days ago?  That comes to my face so much more easily now.  Having an unforced smile is truly a gift.

Thank you again, everyone. :)

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:04:07 pm by TSL_NB »
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

(Yes, I'm a Canadian who served in the US Navy....)

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2021, 02:11:11 am »
Some years ago, I would find myself doing Google searches on others' journeys.   I added something in another forum, in hopes it helps others, the same way everyones' posts have helped me.  I thought I would share it here, as well.

This is five years difference.  The left is from 2016, I was 42 then.  The right is from two days ago, one year and one month of estradiol, and I'm now 47.  I'm smiling in both, but there is a lot of pain behind that smile five years ago.   The smile from two days ago?  That comes to my face so much more easily now.  Having an unforced smile is truly a gift.

Thank you again, everyone. :)

You are doing great.  :)
It is true you have a smile in both pics BUT I can see clearly a big difference in the way your smile is sparkling especially in your eyes.

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2021, 07:00:01 am »
You are doing great.  :)
It is true you have a smile in both pics BUT I can see clearly a big difference in the way your smile is sparkling especially in your eyes.

Best wishes
Margrit

Thank you, Margrit. :)  It's so nice to actually see myself, and what I see and what I feel is aligned.  I hope we all are able to experience this.
-Vivian
It took over 40 years to realise, and believe, that what I am NOT, is a mistake.

Offline LaurenMichelle

• Visitor
« Reply #203 on: December 26, 2021, 10:20:08 pm »
Hey All...

I haven’t done a post in this newest Before and After thread so... here we go! 😀!!!

In my early 50s... I was lost...🌺

Untitled by Ashleyll, on Flickr

And now I am found 🌺

Age 59 and a few months... Now a wife, step-mother, grandmother, public speaker and a thousand other things I never dreamed that I would be... until I decided to do the one thing that is, at once, the most simple of things... yet most difficult of things... to be myself

by Ashleyll, on Flickr

by Ashleyll, on Flickr

And now... A few unsolicited thoughts for those of you who have found yourself here, considering life's possibilities... and are starting to realize that your life... will never truly be YOUR life... until a few changes are made...

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armored shell you have worn for a lifetime to serve the expectations of others and to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face....

Embrace the things that express your inner truth... Show the world and those you Love ...Finally... Who you truly are... Embrace the liberation found in jumping off a cliff in your life even though you don’t completely know what lies below... There is a quote I like by Martin Luther King...

“Faith is taking the first step even when you can't see the whole staircase.”

It is never too late.... CHOOSE to see how you will make your life an expression of who you truly are... not the reasons you cannot... A journey of a thousand steps is taken one at a time...Don’t get lost in the details...  Keep moving forward!!!... In the end, your life will be what you make it... So,... Make it glorious!... make it what you want... make it what you need.... Make it a life well lived... Leave regrets behind you where they belong... All shall be well 🌻

LIVE LIFE... LOVE LIFE...

Onward we go brave sisters,

Ashley  🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Ashley thank you for providing a new girl like myself such inspiration💕. I myself am nearing that 50 year mark and seeing how beautiful you are beyond that plateau gives me hope💕.

Lauren

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #204 on: December 27, 2021, 12:02:10 am »
Ashley thank you for providing a new girl like myself such inspiration💕. I myself am nearing that 50 year mark and seeing how beautiful you are beyond that plateau gives me hope💕.

Lauren

Hello Lauren!

Many Thanks for the kind words little sister!… I read your other few posts and, I hear in your words the mindset and determination that will carry you to success in building a life that is finally a reflection of who you are… There is much to learn about that nuts and bolts of it all but you have landed is a great place here with a wealth of experience to draw upon… You are at a great age to move ahead boldly and assuredly!… Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of help as you navigate the challenges and find your way forward … Amazing and glorious things patiently await you!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html

Offline LaurenMichelle

• Visitor
« Reply #205 on: December 27, 2021, 08:33:30 am »
Hello Lauren!

Many Thanks for the kind words little sister!… I read your other few posts and, I hear in your words the mindset and determination that will carry you to success in building a life that is finally a reflection of who you are… There is much to learn about that nuts and bolts of it all but you have landed is a great place here with a wealth of experience to draw upon… You are at a great age to move ahead boldly and assuredly!… Please don’t hesitate to let me know if I can be of help as you navigate the challenges and find your way forward … Amazing and glorious things patiently await you!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕

Hi Ashley!

First thank you for reading and responding to my comment on your post. Being new here I was hesitant to post anything but seeing your pictures and reading what you said really hit home for me. Plus I’m amazed you read my other rambling posts (I feel like I have so much to say as a relief outlet). As far as learning I feel like I’m drinking through a fire hose as there is so much to learn and for me to work on..all these years of denying who I really am makes me want to speed through but I know it’s a marathon not a sprint. I appreciate you offering your help navigating my way but I don’t want to be a burden or bother you with my silly questions or ramblings.

Lauren 💕💕💕

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2021, 10:58:51 am »

Hi Ashley!

First thank you for reading and responding to my comment on your post. Being new here I was hesitant to post anything but seeing your pictures and reading what you said really hit home for me. Plus I’m amazed you read my other rambling posts (I feel like I have so much to say as a relief outlet). As far as learning I feel like I’m drinking through a fire hose as there is so much to learn and for me to work on..all these years of denying who I really am makes me want to speed through but I know it’s a marathon not a sprint. I appreciate you offering your help navigating my way but I don’t want to be a burden or bother you with my silly questions or ramblings.

Lauren 💕💕💕

Good Morning Little Sister!

I often make that offer when I see those, like you… who’s words demonstrate that they have the attitude and mindset to really make a successful go of building a new life from the ground up!…I have found much joy in my new life and I want others to see that they too can find and claim a fulfilling life as well… it is all really one decision away… The decision to be ourself… I will PM you additional contact info later today after a couple early errands I am heading out to do…

Please don’t worry about “rambling” in this forum!… the struggles you are working on are shared by many and, as we find answers… we help others who face the same issues find theirs!

Onward we go brave sister!

A 🙋‍♀️🌻💕
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After

Offline Zoey Starr

« Reply #207 on: February 07, 2022, 01:59:12 pm »
This before shot is a very hard picture for me to post but in the spirit of infinite possibilities here you go...

Before - The last picture I could find before starting HRT on 2/24/20 (taken for a passport photo and not a mug shot LOL):

Now - This is the most recent photo I have taken (2/5/22). Almost two years on HRT and seven months post FFS:

PS... Breast development is from Estradiol / Progesterone only. No Extra Padding, No BA, All Me!
I think I might need to get a new passport.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 04:48:08 pm by Zoey Starr »

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #208 on: February 07, 2022, 06:15:08 pm »
This before shot is a very hard picture for me to post but in the spirit of infinite possibilities here you go...

Before - The last picture I could find before starting HRT on 2/24/20 (taken for a passport photo and not a mug shot LOL):

Now - This is the most recent photo I have taken (2/5/22). Almost two years on HRT and seven months post FFS:

PS... Breast development is from Estradiol / Progesterone only. No Extra Padding, No BA, All Me!
I think I might need to get a new passport.  ;D

Zoey!

Congrats and Kudos little sister… You have truly come far in these last two years!!!… I hope the years to come hold nothing but good things and amazing discoveries for you!

Hugs!!!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Offline Zoey Starr

« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2022, 06:56:12 pm »
Thank you Ashley! I am loving the journey as each day brings new possibilities.
Z.

Offline SoCal_Holly

• Multi-Pass
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2022, 03:10:22 am »
Thank you all for sharing your amazing beautiful transformations! You are a source of great inspiration, motivation and most importantly hope there is light at the end of the transition tunnel.

Love you all!

Offline Devlyn

• The Forum Administrator
  • devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2022, 08:36:31 am »
I'll play! Me as a young man.

Me as an old woman.

Me with a hotdog.

Me as a Bobblehead.  ;D

Veteran, US Army

Offline Zoey Starr

« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2022, 09:14:40 am »

Me as a Bobblehead.  ;D

That is amazing! Now I want to become a bobblehead too! Like I said... everyday brings new possibilities - LOL.

Offline Devlyn

• devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2022, 09:19:04 am »

Me as a Bobblehead.  ;D

That is amazing! Now I want to become a bobblehead too! Like I said... everyday brings new possibilities - LOL.

Follow your dreams!  :)
Veteran, US Army

Offline Jane.Shannon

« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2022, 11:26:52 am »
Devlyn,
That is one of my all time favorite before and after picture sequences!
Jane
June 2021: Orchiectomy
July 2020: Full Time
Aug 2019: Started HRT
Dec 2019: Hair Feminization Surgery

Offline Devlyn

• devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2022, 11:29:35 am »
Devlyn,
That is one of my all time favorite before and after picture sequences!
Jane

Thank you! Bobblehead me is my favourite, she doesn't age.  :laugh:
Veteran, US Army

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2022, 05:25:23 pm »
@Devlyn

You are good looking regardless of what pose or picture.

You are right though, your bobblehead will not age.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2022, 06:14:37 pm »
I'll play! Me as a young man.

Me as an old woman.

Me with a hotdog.

Me as a Bobblehead.  ;D

Devlyn!

This post is Unadulterated Awesomeness!!!

Hugs!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Offline Devlyn

• devlynmarie@susans.org
« Reply #218 on: February 09, 2022, 09:36:16 am »
Thanks, Chrissy and Ashley!
Veteran, US Army

Offline TSL_NB

« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2022, 04:48:43 am »
I'm so sorry, everyone.  I haven't had as much presence here as I had hoped.

After a few of the '10 year challenge' posts, I thought I'd try to do a more proper one.

On the left, this was from 2012, where I was still very much in hiding.  On the right, this was taken last Thursday, after returning from a TDOV meet and greet in Saint John.

It has now been one year and four months since starting HRT, and it has been a lifesaver (not to mention, literally, 'saving my skin.'  I had a mild psoriasis flareup in the 2012 photo.  Since starting estradiol, I've not had one, which is really miraculous).

Thank you, everyone, for your courage, strength, kindness....for being you! :)

Tags: