Author Topic: Working out as MtF  (Read 1845 times)

Offline ashley7

• Riot gal!
  • Neighbor
Working out as MtF
« on: November 05, 2020, 09:11:22 pm »
I want to be model-thin again, but I don’t want to build muscle mass. How do you stay passing while also hitting the gym? What workout exercises do you do?

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
  • I love to run a proper and clean household.
Re: Working out as MtF
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 02:31:44 am »
Hi ashley7

Endurance training as running in a park or in the woods is great for to do so and best of all, it is for free.
A other thing you could do, if you don’t like to be outside, is mall walking.
No fitness center is required.

Best wishes
Margrit
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Pammie

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 04:54:27 am »
Hi ashley7

Endurance training as running in a park or in the woods is great for to do so and best of all, it is for free.
A other thing you could do, if you don’t like to be outside, is mall walking.
No fitness center is required.

Best wishes
Margrit
Mall walking? That would be sooooooo expensive for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Kalandrina

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 05:09:43 am »
Mall walking would not be good exercise for me at start as would stop too often. But i suppose carry shopping to car would work :)
I prefer cycling with a smart trainer, as it allows me to ride with others but still not getting wet :)
This ain't a song for the broken-hearted
No silent prayer for the faith-departed
I ain't gonna be just a face in the crowd
You're gonna hear my voice
When I shout it out loud
It's my life
It's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive
(It's my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like Frankie said
I did it my way
I just want to live while I'm alive
It's my life

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 05:27:37 am »
Ashley,

If you want to get thin again, then extreme aerobic exercise is mandatory. Running and cycling are the most common. Walking is going to take a long time to get lean. Avoid any heavy lifting, as this is the main cause of bulking up. Light weights with many repetitions are good for toning and trimming up muscles.

Do not forget diet. You need to be on a serious calorie restricted diet. Keep it balanced within good nutrition standards. Avoid any fad diets, as many are harmful and as soon as you go back to regular eating you will just gain the weight back.

I wish I could give you an easy to do answer, but the current obesity epidemic in the US and around the world just tells us how hard this is to do.

Best wishes and take care.  :-*

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 07:54:10 am »
Ashley,

If you want to get thin again, then extreme aerobic exercise is mandatory. Running and cycling are the most common. Walking is going to take a long time to get lean. Avoid any heavy lifting, as this is the main cause of bulking up. Light weights with many repetitions are good for toning and trimming up muscles.

Do not forget diet. You need to be on a serious calorie restricted diet. Keep it balanced within good nutrition standards. Avoid any fad diets, as many are harmful and as soon as you go back to regular eating you will just gain the weight back.

I wish I could give you an easy to do answer, but the current obesity epidemic in the US and around the world just tells us how hard this is to do.

Best wishes and take care.  :-*

Again and again and again, Rakel provides professional-grade information. This site is lucky to have her.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 11:27:04 am »
Do not forget diet.

Absolutely right, you just have to use or better let me say burn more calories than you eat...
then you love him.

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 11:35:46 am »
Mall walking? That would be sooooooo expensive for me

Oh well yes, that is a other challenge.  :D

;D window-shopping  ;D
then you love him.

Offline sarahc

• Sarah
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 11:39:50 am »
Three components:
* Rigorous calorie counting - you need to set goals and keep yourself honest on your calorie consumption
* At least one hour of increasingly strenuous aerobic exercise 5 days a week
* Core exercise set 2 days a week - if you don't do some core exercises, you won't get the tone you want.

Sarah
----
48 years young.
Known that I am trans since...forever.
First therapy session / decided to transition / hair removal: October 2018
HRT: January 2019 (journal https://www.susans.org/forums/index.phpVF/topic,244009.0.html)
VFS: September 2019; three-month report here
Full-time: April 2020
FFS: August 2020
SRS: January 2021

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 01:32:22 pm »
I have run regularly since 2003. I started to track my running and bike activity in 2011, and it says I ran (or biked) ca. 15,000 km or 10,000 miles. I guess multiplying by a factor of 2 (2020-2011/2020-2003) gives my total running distance since 2003 approximately 30,000 km or 20,000 miles. The circumference of the earth is ca. 40,000 km, and I will reach it by 2030.

Google Fitness says that last week I took a total of 57,751 steps.

Yesterday, I could not run as I was on travel, but still I took a total of 8,327 steps by walking.

Recently my body weight once increased, and I decreased my daily consumption of rice, my major source of carbohydrate, by 1/3. Now I have nearly the same bodyweight as in 2003. Anyway, my body shape has been nearly the same since 2003. 

Your everyday habit of activities determines your body shape.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Pammie

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 03:09:05 pm »
Oh well yes, that is a other challenge.  :D

;D window-shopping  ;D
I know the concept of window shopping but i’m far too weak for that!! It goes like this.....

Ooh nice dress she says looking through the window , well, ill just have a closer look, ooh they have my size! Ooh....,,  walks out with shopping bag containing dress!!

I’m just soooooooo weak

Pammie

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 03:33:43 pm »
I have run regularly since 2003. I started to track my running and bike activity in 2011, and it says I ran (or biked) ca. 15,000 km or 10,000 miles. I guess multiplying by a factor of 2 (2020-2011/2020-2003) gives my total running distance since 2003 approximately 30,000 km or 20,000 miles. The circumference of the earth is ca. 40,000 km, and I will reach it by 2030.

Google Fitness says that last week I took a total of 57,751 steps.

Yesterday, I could not run as I was on travel, but still I took a total of 8,327 steps by walking.

Recently my body weight once increased, and I decreased my daily consumption of rice, my major source of carbohydrate, by 1/3. Now I have nearly the same bodyweight as in 2003. Anyway, my body shape has been nearly the same since 2003. 

Your everyday habit of activities determines your body shape.

barbie~~
I run 6 mornings a week, I think I did 133000 steps last week which is quite normal for me. Let’s NOT talk about how much chocolate and cake I’ve consumed though

Offline barbie

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2020, 10:40:22 pm »
I run 6 mornings a week, I think I did 133000 steps last week which is quite normal for me. Let’s NOT talk about how much chocolate and cake I’ve consumed though

Yes. I was also once a big eater. Actually, I exercised to eat and drink more. But I am getting old, and it does not work any more. I had to decrease the daily amount of meal, especially carbohydrates.

For running every 2 days is enough, but a major problem here is the air quality, which tends to deteriorate especially in winter and spring. Anyway I try to run whenever the air is clean.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2020, 11:13:52 pm »
I get a lot of exercise gardening.  I have hundreds of flowering shrubs in my yard.  I get a lot of exercise pruning them all year.  Yes, I prune them in the middle of winter as well as the middle of summer.

Like Barbie, I've cut down my portion sizes.  But, since I paid off the house and can afford it, I'll buy more expensive food to cook whenever I feel like it.   ;D   I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch made with wasabi flavored cheddar cheese and sourdough bread.

Marion

Offline TheWomanWithinMe

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 09:06:28 am »
Our body's evolved to allow us run and walk on top of soil which has some give to it. Now that the vast majority of the surface we traverse has been replaced with concrete or equally stiff surfaces our joints are subjected to far more wear and tear especially if you are carrying extra weight. To minimize these adverse affects it would be beneficial to seek out softer surfaces to traverse as much as you can.

Offline barbie

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 12:26:32 pm »
Our body's evolved to allow us run and walk on top of soil which has some give to it. Now that the vast majority of the surface we traverse has been replaced with concrete or equally stiff surfaces our joints are subjected to far more wear and tear especially if you are carrying extra weight. To minimize these adverse affects it would be beneficial to seek out softer surfaces to traverse as much as you can.

Yes. I try to run on grass or soil as much as possible.

Also, slow running prevents possible injuries.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Pammie

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2020, 01:35:34 pm »
Yes. I try to run on grass or soil as much as possible.

Also, slow running prevents possible injuries.

barbie~~
But of course some of us live in cities so without driving Miles first it’s going to be hard surfaces and of course slow running is less beneficial than a little faster

Offline Margrit

• Housewife
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2020, 01:46:26 am »
Ooh nice dress she says looking through the window , well, ill just have a closer look, ooh they have my size! Ooh....,,  walks out with shopping bag containing dress!!

:laugh: Ohhhh this part I know veeerrryyyy veeerrryyyyyyy welllllllll!!!!
It is the side of window shopping  >:-)
then you love him.

Pammie

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2020, 07:58:58 am »
:laugh: Ohhhh this part I know veeerrryyyy veeerrryyyyyyy welllllllll!!!!
It is the side of window shopping  >:-)
Hee hee

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2020, 08:07:07 pm »
Have a healthy and fit lifestyle in the year ahead!   :)

Hugs,

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Tags: