Author Topic: When Children Say They're Trans  (Read 270 times)

Offline Laura1951

When Children Say They're Trans
« on: December 06, 2020, 08:16:54 pm »
When Children Say They're Trans

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/07/when-a-child-says-shes-trans/561749/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2af-BRDzARIsAIVQUOffcA9uGLk4iXQom71X4DL92H_y4yTj7GFXi8vVgovSK6Zk9WG4KzIaAswOEALw_wcB

The Atlantic by Jesse Singal on July/August 2018

Claire is a 14-year-old girl with short auburn hair and a broad smile. She lives outside Philadelphia with her mother and father, both professional scientists. Claire can come across as an introvert, but she quickly opens up, and what seemed like shyness reveals itself to be quiet self-assuredness. Like many kids her age, she is a bit overscheduled. During the course of the evening I spent with Claire and her mother, Heather—these aren’t their real names—theater, guitar, and track tryouts all came up. We also discussed the fact that, until recently, she wasn’t certain she was a girl.
================

While this article is two years old, it reminds me of a work friend who currently is Executive Director of several charter schools. His dissertation centered on the inclusion of LGBTQ children in schools and how districts can provide them services.
“When you’re ready, start living your truth. That’s when the magic happens.”

One New Life to Live (My personal blog)  |  My BA Journey   |  Laura's HRT Journal 

Full Time since 11/27/20  |  Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Tags: