Author Topic: Bank of England has three times more transgender staff than the national average  (Read 367 times)

Offline Laura1951

Bank of England has three times more transgender staff than the national average

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047753/Bank-England-three-times-transgender-staff.html

Daily Mail by Alex Lawson on December 12,  2020

The Bank of England has three times more transgender staff than the average for the population as a whole.

In an internal survey, 158 of the central bank’s 4,575 employees stated that their gender identity was different to the sex they were assigned at birth.

That is equal to more than three per cent of the institution’s workforce. LGBT charity Stonewall says the best estimate for the number of transgender people across Britain is one per cent, or about 600,000 people, including those who identify as non-binary.
“When you’re ready, start living your truth. That’s when the magic happens.”

One New Life to Live (My personal blog)  |  My BA Journey   |  Laura's HRT Journal 

Full Time since 11/27/20  |  Laura's FFS Journey.   |  Stay or Go

Offline Angelaney

• Friend
It would be interesting to have more information about that.

So i'm wondering what the options were for gender on the BOE survey, and whether they simply counted anything other than male/female as being transgender?

There are still many businesses who only list two gender options.

It's like with coronavirus testing, if you test one town and don't test the other, does that mean the 2nd town is completely clean?
If they're not looking for anything other than male/female, then anyone else would hidden within the statistics.

Tags: