Author Topic: What are these holes?  (Read 1353 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kaya91

  • Newbie
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Reputation: +2/-0
  • Gender: Female
What are these holes?
« on: April 28, 2021, 01:59:20 pm »
Hello, I am Kaya, 29 y.o. trans woman. I have two symmetrically located holes that go down deep into my skin in my upper pubic area that I have always wondered about and felt lied to about. I have had this since birth, my mom said she wondered what they were but didn't get told anything by anyone. My hormone doctor said he thinks they are ingrown hairs, but this does not make sense to me as I have had them for 29 years now, long before I even grew hair there. I have looked up information about it but I cannot find anything that looks like it or would explain it, other than something having to do with removing ovaries. My father was supposedly on steroids at the time and I have heard that can cause hormonal problems during some stages of pregnancy. Could I be intersex and not know it? Are there other conditions that might explain this? I really don't know where to look or who to ask about this other than here. I apologize if I said anything offensive I am just very preoccupied by it and don't know where to turn.

Thank you

Offline Joelene9

  • Astronomer
  • *
  • Posts: 2,046
  • Reputation: +10/-0
  • Gender: Female
  • M-F Transsexual blossoming
Re: What are these holes?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 03:33:48 pm »
You're old enough to go to a trans friendly doctor, other than the one you went to as a kid. Get a complete exam and mention those 'holes".


Offline Rakel

  • rah KEL
  • Family
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5,646
  • Reputation: +115/-0
  • Gender: Female
Re: What are these holes?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 06:55:34 pm »
From what you describe, those holes might be a residual scar from some kind of surgery. We cannot determine what they are from your description.

You might be able to obtain your medical records from the place you were born. Your doctor who delivered you should be mentioned on those records and some states even put the doctor's name on the birth certificate.

The only other way to determine what those holes are is with modern imaging devices such as MRI or a CAT scan. As Joelene said, a new trans-friendly doctor should be able to help.