Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 796 times)

Offline Amy Chislett

• Am I the same girl? Yes I am. Yes I am.
Facebook
« on: June 06, 2021, 03:00:11 pm »
So, I hadn't posted there for awhile; grew my hair in the meantime; then tried to 'come out ' by posting a pic.  And they locked my account because of fraudulent activity.  I have balked at going back for a year now.  Not too crazy about the site anyway.  It occurred to me this must be a problem of some regularity.1
My mind is bent to tell of bodies changed into different shapes.
Ovid, Metamorphoses

HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero

Offline Angelaney

• Friend
Re: Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 03:12:22 pm »
I've got an old pre coming out FB account, with lots of friends, but I can't do anything with the account because the email I used no longer exists. So i'm facing having to start another new account and then trying to find a way to add those friends again :(

Why not use my "normal" account, well even though most people know, I want to start something new and not carry on with hundreds of "friends" who I don't even know any more.
I think I need to leave that life behind to start fresh.

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 06:21:14 pm »
So, I hadn't posted there for awhile; grew my hair in the meantime; then tried to 'come out ' by posting a pic.  And they locked my account because of fraudulent activity.  I have balked at going back for a year now.  Not too crazy about the site anyway.  It occurred to me this must be a problem of some regularity.1

It is likely someone reported your account due to your coming out, and that person didn't like it.

First, contact Facebook, and inform them of what's going on. They should re-open your account for you. Next, make sure your account is not Public. Set it so only Friends (or friends of friends) can see your activities). This will cut down on trolls and other bigots reporting your account for activities they don't approve of.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:44:51 pm »
I do not use FB.  I setup an account to see how it worked but do not visit it as I found it took up too much of my time and who are all these people that want to be your friends anyway?

I just talk and visit with a few real friends.
Email, text, and even handwritten notes and cards also are good for me.

So much social media!  I am not against it, it is just I have setup some limits.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Amy Chislett

• Am I the same girl? Yes I am. Yes I am.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 08:53:40 pm »
The thing about the non working email applies to me as well.  I have thought about someone reporting me, but I also think they employ people to spot irregularities, of which I apparently am one.  Because they locked the account right after I posted.  Repression is my feet!
My mind is bent to tell of bodies changed into different shapes.
Ovid, Metamorphoses

HrbHRT 21Jun2016
mtf hetero

Online barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 11:36:42 pm »
I see some bugs in the recently updated Facebook. The irregular activity stuff is one of them.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Tags: