Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

hair cut

Started by emmitt_boi, June 07, 2005, 04:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmitt_boi

Well...I gave myself a hair cut.  I just couldn't stand it any longer.  I shaved my head.  I have to say it is liberating.

I don't know where to go to get my hair cut when it starts to grow out.  I have not been happy where I have been going b/c they won't use clippers on my neck etc.  Any suggestions as to how to find a good person who cuts hair?
  •  

Dennis

If you see someone with a haircut you like, you could ask them where they got their hair cut.

If you're looking for a guy's cut, this site has good explanations of terminology, so you can explain what it is you want:

http://haircutsformen.org/

And I've heard it suggested that you should go to a barber rather than a unisex salon if you want a men's haircut. Presumably if you want something in between, a salon would be a good idea.

Dennis
  •  

Vicky

Go to any cheap hair cutting place, ie Fastastic Sams, or what ever, and ask for standard business male hair cut, if you pay over 8 bucks for the cut, it's a rip off. No need for websites, every barber knows what you want, before my Transgender identity understanding, that's all I ever asked for, and could go anyware, and everyone knew what I ment.

"standard business male hair cut"
ie. off the collar, above the ears, 1/2 inch hair on top, about 1/4 inch on the sides.
side burns shaved, ok ill leave that one alone :P
hair on back of neck, cut with "buzzer", whatever it is called.
combed back.

I think that about covers it.

oh yea one question they will have, do you want the sides in front of ears to be even with the hair cut above the ears, or just leave it alone, that's up to you.

If you have thick curly hair like I do, they can just use a buzzer on it all, and be in and out in about 10 mins.

Hope this helps,
Vicky

P.S. with your pic, all you need is a cow boy hat, and then it would be very hard not to pass. Now only rednecks grab their belts :P
  •  

jewel

•