Author Topic: Facial depliatories  (Read 590 times)

Offline Squeaky99

Facial depliatories
« on: June 23, 2021, 02:09:54 pm »
Anyone have experience with depilatory creams designed for men's beards?  Even when I'm not dressing I kinda like the idea of not shaving for 3-4 days.   
Amy

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
Re: Facial depliatories
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 02:15:09 pm »
Got experience with shaving bumps?
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & Creaky

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It’s a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 09:31:44 pm »
Some of these products are very irritating to sensitive skin. Products designed for legs may be too strong for facial use.

For facial hair I recommend a product called "Magic Shave". African-American men in the US have been using this for decades because shaving with a razor may cause their beards to grow under the skin causing ingrown hairs or "bumps".

Disclaimer: I have no financial connection with products that I may recommend.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Battle Goddess

• Mentally Interesting
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 10:10:00 pm »
Some of these products are very irritating to sensitive skin. Products designed for legs may be too strong for facial use.

For facial hair I recommend a product called "Magic Shave". African-American men in the US have been using this for decades because shaving with a razor may cause their beards to grow under the skin causing ingrown hairs or "bumps".

Disclaimer: I have no financial connection with products that I may recommend.

And yet to me, Magic Shave gave shaving bumps, not the reverse. That's what I meant above. Sorry for any confusion.

Amy, have you considered laser? It won't remove everything, but you should end up with much less facial hair overall.
"It's not really a choice. Because we're not choosing to transition...we're choosing to be happy." -- SarahC

"Freedom comes at a high price. But I have paid that price, and I am free." -- Muhammad Ali

"Have a gentle manner ❤️" -- Chrissy Ryan
"Working on it" -- Battle Goddess

"When going through hell, best keep moving." -- Old & Creaky

“Darling,” She said, “it doesn’t matter. You have only one choice. You can walk farther along the path or not. It’s a narrow path. You may be scared about lifting your foot up to take your next step. It doesn’t matter. You don’t have to step very far. It’s up to you.
"But all you get to do is choose. Your anxieties, your fears, your courage, your happiness, your rage: go ahead and feel them all you want. They don’t matter. What matters is what you choose.
“I can promise you a long and fascinating road. I’ll give you tools along the way. I’ll be with you every step.
“Now make your choice.” --  my beloved Battle Goddess

Offline Squeaky99

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 08:56:57 pm »
And yet to me, Magic Shave gave shaving bumps, not the reverse. That's what I meant above. Sorry for any confusion.

Amy, have you considered laser? It won't remove everything, but you should end up with much less facial hair overall.

I'll definitely start laser and/or electrolysis when I start transitioning.  In the meantime I'm just wondering if Magic Shave would keep the stubble under control and let me go without shaving for a few days.
Amy

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2021, 05:03:12 am »
Beard hairs come in all thicknesses and types. Some people have fine hair while other have thick hair. Some people have curly hair and others much less so.

Just try one product and see what it will do for you. Be sure to follow directions carefully. Depilatories are powerful and sometimes irritating chemicals.  They can cause skin irritations.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Tags: