Author Topic: could corset reduce belly fat?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline mf2020

could corset reduce belly fat?
« on: September 29, 2021, 10:19:17 am »
I forget where I heard but some said corset was useless, some said it was useful. Is it useful or not? Do I need very tight one to be effective? Or just a bit tight is fine? How long do I have to put it on a day? Will I eat more if my belly is restricted so it renders useless at the end of the day? Thanks for any advice.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
Re: could corset reduce belly fat?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 01:39:19 pm »
If a corset worked for weight loss, it would be the number one selling garment in the world.

Offline Rakel

• Formerly known as Dani
  • Rakel@susans.org
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 06:35:27 pm »
Same opinion here. Not effective, however, if you are already on a calorie restricted diet, a tight corset might just remind you that snacking is not allowed.

Retired Pharmacist with over 40 years experience in Hospital and Retail Pharmacies.
I still keep my professional licence active and in good standing.

Offline Michael.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 02:00:14 pm »
Compression will not cause fat loss -- you'll need a calorie deficit for that. With a combination of exercise and proper diet, you should be able to see the results you want. It will take work but very doable if you are committed.

Be careful with corsets as well. While I have no experience with them, I do have plenty of experience with chest binders, which can cause damage with improper use. I'd imagine that coresets aren't much different.

Offline Gunta666

• It is not Photoshoped :)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 02:57:09 am »
Search the internet, there are some belts increasing to sweat your belly while exercising, it helps little bit. Main cornerstones are diet and exercising both together

Offline mf2020

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 10:47:29 am »
Compression will not cause fat loss -- you'll need a calorie deficit for that. With a combination of exercise and proper diet, you should be able to see the results you want. It will take work but very doable if you are committed.

Be careful with corsets as well. While I have no experience with them, I do have plenty of experience with chest binders, which can cause damage with improper use. I'd imagine that coresets aren't much different.

Cause damage?? What are the worst possible damages it can cause?

However, if I feel tight but also feel right and do not experience any symptom or enduring painfully, is it just less likely to cause damge?

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 12:28:27 pm »
Corsets can give you a more of an hourglass figure for sure.
They can be uncomfortable to some and for sure should not be too tight.

If they reduce fat, not simply move it around, that is news to me.

Some are very pretty garments.

Chrissy

Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline Lyric

• Family
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 09:04:02 am »
I recently read about a study that showed that regular use of a weighted hula hoop resulted in general reduction of the waistline, though not a substantial reduction of overall weight. I ordered one from Amazon and just received it the other day. The thing is really hard to keep going, but I think with practice I'll be up to speed with it. I'll let you know how it goes.
"Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life." - Steve Jobs

Tags: