Author Topic: Have you ever inventoried or organized your MTF wardrobe?  (Read 1781 times)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
Have you ever inventoried or organized your MTF wardrobe?
« on: December 09, 2021, 11:57:48 pm »

Do you organize by color?  By type of garment (dresses, skirts, dress pants, casual pants, tops, sweaters, etc.)?  By outfit?  By season appropriate wear?  By formal/informal/casual categories?

Would you say that you have more pants than skirts and dresses?  More tops or bottoms? 

Can we ever get enough clothes?  Yes, but it is fun to get new items!

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
Re: Have you ever inventoried or organized your MTF wardrobe?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2021, 08:30:24 am »
My wardrobe tends to be messy, but my wife organizes it for me. Strangely to me, my wife does not care so much about her own wardrobe and dressing table, which I always think is messy. I wish she organizes well just the living room, which is always messy to my eyes, but she just cleans my studying room every day. My daughter is the same. This reminds of me the following phrase from the bible: Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Just do it.

Offline Oldandcreaky

• Family
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2021, 08:56:59 am »
Barbie, I don't think it's a speck versus plank issue, but rather love. Your mother and daughter are putting you first.

Offline Misato

• I thought I was out, but I've been pulled back in.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 07:27:52 pm »
Not really. It’s organized, but being of an age where I remember when I remembered things means I can find something cute in my home I don’t know about.

It’s like finding a $20 you forgot about in your pocket!

Offline barbie

• I change my avatar every week
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 10:30:20 am »
Barbie, I don't think it's a speck versus plank issue, but rather love. Your mother and daughter are putting you first.

That's right. Both my wife and daughter love me. The room of my teenage daughter was always messy, but now it looks better, as she grows up. She also likes cleansing and cooking in the kitchen.

Among my family, I alone organize and clean the storage.

barbie~~
Just do it.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 10:14:28 pm »

Do you organize by color?  By type of garment (dresses, skirts, dress pants, casual pants, tops, sweaters, etc.)?  By outfit?  By season appropriate wear?  By formal/informal/casual categories?

Would you say that you have more pants than skirts and dresses?  More tops or bottoms? 

Can we ever get enough clothes?  Yes, but it is fun to get new items!

Chrissy

Never made out an inventory but that's not a bad idea.  Because my wardrobe is so jammed up I gave up trying to organise.  I've just recently freed up some space in another room though and can now concentrate on thinning out the wardrobe! I would love to start sorting it.  Always by type of garment.  I can't wait to get into this actually, it's my kind of therapy.

Dresses>Skirts>Pants
Tops>Bottoms

I'm slowing down with new purchases, last two years I kinda went crazy I feel.  It's time to settle, at least for a while :)

~Jenny~
~I just wanna have fun, that's all I really want~

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 04:44:58 pm »
I have given away a bunch of t-shirts this past week.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2021, 07:57:06 pm »
How's YOUR wardrobe looking these days Chrissy?  Mine is too jammed up so I'm just about to make up another set of drawers.  My NY resolution is to take it easy with purchases for 2022.  I'm hoping that is the case anyway, lol.

~Jenny~

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 11:17:02 am »
How's YOUR wardrobe looking these days Chrissy?  Mine is too jammed up so I'm just about to make up another set of drawers.  My NY resolution is to take it easy with purchases for 2022.  I'm hoping that is the case anyway, lol.

~Jenny~

@JennyTG

Hi Jenny,

I have bought three new outfits recently plus a few more items!  I have also went through yet again, to try to make more space, and have given away more to those who might benefit.  One closet is looking quite full, as is a dresser.  I am still not full time but I try my best not to wear guy clothes unless I happen to like the style or it makes sense to wear.

Funny thing, when I started transitioning as an MTF, it seemed like I would be pleased to never wear guy clothes again.  That is basically still true; but, sometimes there are guy work clothes more appropriate for messy work, or it is made well but still looks good.  There is some practicality to that.

But otherwise, everyday, I get to get to wear these great looking outfits, although these can simply be just a T shirt or blouse or tunic plus jeans.   Sweaters are nice this season too as they can keep you warm.

Try some flannel lined jeans, so warm!

Hugs,

Chrissy

Offline Jordynfae

• MizzCharle3
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 10:47:39 pm »
I organized by type and choice frequency.
So everything I wear are seperate based on whether it's a dress, blouse/tunic/t-shirt, pants skirt shirts etc. And then anything I wear often is located at the top of the piles or if hanging are.closer to the centre of my closet. I think it's funny because before I started identifying and present as a female I barely cares Bout doing stuff like that. Weird lol
When You get confused, listen to the music play :icon_headfones: :icon_chick:

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 07:10:44 am »
I organized by type and choice frequency.
So everything I wear are seperate based on whether it's a dress, blouse/tunic/t-shirt, pants skirt shirts etc. And then anything I wear often is located at the top of the piles or if hanging are.closer to the centre of my closet. I think it's funny because before I started identifying and present as a female I barely cares Bout doing stuff like that. Weird lol

Some habits and preferences change after transitioning begins, that is for sure!

Chrissy

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 05:07:31 pm »
I sort by season and type.  So, I have summer tops together, and sweaters together and bras together and panties together, jeans together as a subset of pants, and skirts between pants and dresses.  Boots, then booties, then dress pumps, casual pumps and then flats and flip flops. 

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 08:04:21 pm »
I sort by season and type.  So, I have summer tops together, and sweaters together and bras together and panties together, jeans together as a subset of pants, and skirts between pants and dresses.  Boots, then booties, then dress pumps, casual pumps and then flats and flip flops.

That makes sense.

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 11:11:58 am »
I think I should not buy any more clothes.
Note that I said that should not buy, not will not buy.

I will need to go through everything and see what I can donate.
There is always something I can give away that might help another woman.

Perhaps some household goods too.  After all, how many coffee cups does one need?

Chrissy

Offline Rachel Montgomery

• Family
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 11:41:51 am »
I think I should not buy any more clothes.
Note that I said that should not buy, not will not buy.

I will need to go through everything and see what I can donate.
There is always something I can give away that might help another woman.

Perhaps some household goods too.  After all, how many coffee cups does one need?

Chrissy
Me too.  I lost a good bit of weight over the past two years, and I have a lot of clothes that don't fit at all anymore.  They aren't the most stylish clothes anymore, but some things would probably be a blessing for someone.

Offline Lady Sarah

• Yes, it's another Sarah
  • Family
  • I love my hubby
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 06:09:20 pm »
During spring, winter wear goes to totes in the shed, and summer wear goes to the house. During autumn, summer wear goes to totes in the shed, and winter wear goes to the house. As for organization, there is "going out" stuff, and "working around the yard" stuff.

As I get older, some stuff don't look right on me anymore, and that's when I toss it or donate it. Then, I go shopping for something age-appropriate. I do this about every other year.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016

I don't have wrinkles. I have wise cracks.

Offline JennyTG

• Family
  • Don't dream it, be it
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2022, 04:45:23 pm »
It's great to donate!  One of my goals this year :)

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 11:39:33 pm »
I thought I might be able to get through the month without buying any new clothes.  I got half way through the month at least before I bought a pretty blouse!  I guess I can afford it because I have not been eating at restaurants much at all this year or last year.

But one only has so much space to store things.  I should not go to the stores or look at their Web sites or ads at suppose, as that can be tempting. 

Chrissy

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Family
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 08:40:53 am »
Please continue to share your efforts of clothes organization.
I think I will continue to have challenges for storage space and can benefit from good ideas.

Chrissy

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2022, 07:32:42 pm »
Organizing is a must for me. Since I am early in transition and still not out to me family. Bottoms seperated by boys, then girls and womens. I finally the other day got rid of all those boys pants/trousers. Parents don't know I got rid of them. Never wear them anyway. Not allowed to buy women's and girl's tops. I keep about 10 boy's polos and get rid of the rest in preparation for when I get rid of those too. My bust keeps increasing, I am going to grow out of them too. Women's coats and jackets are to the left of the rest of the clothes in my closet. Not wore men's coats in a long time even pre transition. They fall off my shoulders even a size small. Forbidden items like my shorts, dresses, and leggings stay hid in a bag in the bottom of the closet. My parent's don't know I bought these. I have not bought women's tops yet. Wait until I have a chance again. Socks stay hid too. Don't know I have them either. Got rid of men's socks long ago. I don't wear socks it stays a secret. This secrecy gets old. I am waiting until they notice changes before revealing anything. I have no long sleeves of any kind to this point. Most of my closet is jeans and pants/trousers. I don't have enough clothes to concern with winter and summer organizing. Before my first transition attempt in 2015, I had two closets full of clothes, mostly boys apparel. Not any more. I have very little right now. I had a nice wardrobe of women's apparel even shoes until my parents made me get rid of them around 2016.

Tags: