Author Topic: First days on HRT  (Read 2654 times)

Offline NancyDrew1930

Re: First days on HRT
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2022, 08:57:56 pm »
So I just saw a different doctor at the clinic today (my first and preferred doctor is leaving in September and had no openings in August or September, so I'm kind of moving to a different doctor) and they went over my bloodwork.  I don't have a way to access my blood work results through the clinic, so the doctor was reading them from their screen, but they are not changing my Cyproterone as they said that it had basically wiped out my testosterone (I've only been on Cypro since the start of June).  And then my Estrogen had risen 50 points, so while that is an improvement over my baseline, we decided to double my dosage of estrogen to get it higher. 

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2022, 10:29:33 am »
I know that I’ve only been on HRT close to 3 months now, so I shouldn’t be expecting a whole lot of change, but over the past few days I’ve been finding that after brushing my hair (and for some reason I try to give the hair above my ears “wings”—-I wonder if this is a subtle thing from my brain due to changes there from the estrogen), when I have my head angled just right both sides of my head seem to have a feminine look to them.  The front of my face doesn’t have any feminization yet, that I can see.  But at the sides it seems my future feminine head might be peeking out. 

It seems like my future feminine self is saying “Finally, you are letting me be unlocked”.  I know it be slow, but even when I see that and smile, my smile doesn’t look like my mail smile, but seems brighter more like I’ve seen other women smile.

Offline tgirlamg

• 11:11
  • “Gently, but with undeniable will...”
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 11:33:35 am »
@NancyDrew1930

Congrats on your brave steps forward towards the life you seek sister!… I know the changes seem slow at first but, there is something very special about the part of the journey you are in right now… waking up each day and starting to see small hints of what is to come!… Savor it all girl! The physical changes and the internal changes… in the way you see yourself… the world around you… and how you interact at a new emotional level with life… It is in many ways like seeing everything anew!… Amazing discoveries of every kind patiently await you!!!🌻

All good things to you girl!!!

Onward,

Ashley 🙋‍♀️💕🌻
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After
🌻 https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,251753.60.html 🌻

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 08:46:00 pm »
@tgirlamg

Thanks.  Yeah the changes will be slow, but there are times where a small change seems surprising because it'll just pop out of nowhere. 

Today I was talking to my mom, who I have not told what I am doing, and she was telling me that she's noticed that I don't talk to an old family friend as much as I used to when he's over, and I just said that what they are talking about, I'm just not interested in.  She thought we had maybe had a fight over something (and this is a family friend that is almost twice my age, so they've known my family for years, there's no romance involved or anything like that, they are strictly a family friend) and I wasn't talking to him because of that.  Of course, before the HRT a lot of times I would just say something to try and make conversation, since I wasn't really into what he's into back then either. 

I think I've seen on the forums that some other MTF girls found that on HRT their likes and dislikes changed a little bit, so maybe it's one of those subtler changes on the concious/unconcious level that HRT is affecting. 

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 11:38:31 pm »
Hey @NancyDrew1930

Changes in likes, dislikes and interests all count 100%… Now that you know your life is going in some new directions… it is natural for these things to change… whether by the hormones themselves or just by way of the mindset of going to new, exciting places in your own life!… Live it all and Love it all girl… You will have many more changes to report on here in the days to come!

Onward!

Ashley 🙋‍♀️🌻💕
“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

“The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself” ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸 Before / After

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2022, 08:54:20 pm »
Today I had another subconcious moment of change.  I was at work (not out there yet so I was still presenting male) and I was talking to a woman who was under me, and these two guys from another department started making some comments directed at us, and all of sudden, and I said it out loud, I called them "toddlers!", because of the way they were acting.  And the way I said it was, to me, in such a feminine way, like I had seen and heard other cis women say similar things (like "men!" ) when men would say something that those women couldn't believe they said.

But even the woman that I was talking to, for a minute I could tell from her eyes that she was surprised to hear such a feminine expression of annoyance at a couple of guys, and the feminine inflection (and maybe I made a head movement that I didn't recognize as a female mannerism, but she caught it), come out of someone she perceived as male. 

But I am finding over the last few days that mentally I am starting to think more in a feminine way than a masculine way.  Or get annoyed as a woman than a man.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2022, 09:20:06 pm »
Different areas have different terms. Never heard of accusing men being "toddlers". Women around me will call the man a "boy" and have the body language showing they are upset in that situation. Connotation that you are behaving like a boy and not a man. Heard it a few times from my two younger sisters over my life time.

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2022, 08:33:07 pm »
Different areas have different terms. Never heard of accusing men being "toddlers". Women around me will call the man a "boy" and have the body language showing they are upset in that situation. Connotation that you are behaving like a boy and not a man. Heard it a few times from my two younger sisters over my life time.

I wanted to say "men", but since I was presenting male, that would've been a really awkward experience, and it was just at the last minute that I was able to say "toddlers".  Just the way they were acting toward us, they really reminded me of a couple of toddlers.

Offline Kaleig_hC

• Family
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2022, 09:38:17 pm »
I hope it did not out you too much. Life in the closet gets stressful sometimes. I have to watch even where I use my clothes so it don't get back to my parents. I think reveal time for me is getting very close. I am out to nobody but waitresses at a couple of restaurants I go to. I make sure I don't wear clothes there on days my parents could follow me and eat there too.

Offline tgirlamg

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2022, 10:48:16 pm »
Today I had another subconcious moment of change.  I was at work (not out there yet so I was still presenting male) and I was talking to a woman who was under me, and these two guys from another department started making some comments directed at us, and all of sudden, and I said it out loud, I called them "toddlers!", because of the way they were acting.  And the way I said it was, to me, in such a feminine way, like I had seen and heard other cis women say similar things (like "men!" ) when men would say something that those women couldn't believe they said.

But even the woman that I was talking to, for a minute I could tell from her eyes that she was surprised to hear such a feminine expression of annoyance at a couple of guys, and the feminine inflection (and maybe I made a head movement that I didn't recognize as a female mannerism, but she caught it), come out of someone she perceived as male. 

But I am finding over the last few days that mentally I am starting to think more in a feminine way than a masculine way.  Or get annoyed as a woman than a man.

Congrats Little Sister… Little bits of you will start popping up and coming to the surface more and more in days to come… Enjoy all the new experiences and discoveries!

Onward!

A 🙋‍♀️💕🌻

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2022, 10:13:46 am »
Thanks @tgirlamg and @Kaleig_hC. 

No I don't think it outed me, since in the past I've had incidents like that, but I just never had the subconcious feeling or the inflection to got with it, that I had a few days ago when I said it.  I've always struggled with my weight, so while my testosterone levels were normal for a man, I always seemed to have higher estrogen levels, because of the fat on my body changing the testosterone to estrogen, and even when I look at other guys, I never did develop like the pronounced forehead ridge---I've got a very tiny ridge there, but I never really got that thick ridge that a lot of men get.  And for years, even before starting my HRT, people always thought that I looked like I was maybe 23 when I was 36. 

But this morning, I took a couple of selfies as I was sitting on a chair, and I couldn't help but notice my face really looked like I was looking at myself when I was 21 or 22, and even at my chin, whether its from my HRT or weight loss or a combination of both, my chin had a more feminine angle to it and my cheek bones seemed higher.  Even when I looked up an old picture from when I was 21/22 around 2005, and even as recently as 2021, I could see that back then I had the male fat distribution that made the chin area more square and the whole face more square, and while I could see my cheekbones, they were not as prominent as they seem to be (also, a few of my pictures from like 2015, yeah, I had a lot of weight in my face, so that was also hiding my cheek bones in a few pictures), and while I've always had high cheekbones, now my face seems to be starting to take on that female shape subtly.  In a few of my selfies, I also caught some of my legs, and in the pants that I have on today, the tops of my legs seem to have just a little feminine look to them.  So its slow, but its also going in the right direction.

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2022, 12:50:36 pm »
So I had my visit with my doctor a few days ago.  They were impressed by my bloodwork, and upped my Estrogen to, what I take, is the maximum safe dosage for pills.  And for me its easier to just take them all at once rather than space them out throughout the day, and from what my doctor was saying, since I don't take them sublingually, the pills are designed to dissolve slowly, so I shouldn't get that massive early spike and then fade during the day.  And my Cyproterone Acetate has stayed the same since I started HRT.

Aside from feeling different "pins and needles" feelings in my breasts every so often, I wonder if I am starting to experience my pelvis tilting, as I've had a lot of fatigue in the lower back lately.  Of course, right now I am also dealing with medical issues in my back that began before I started HRT, and my doctor's seem to think that it's a case of bad timing. 

Also, I went to a stylist for the first time to style my hair, so that I can grow it out to like a bob, but with bangs.  However right now we are aiming for an androgynous look with a little hint of feminity.

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2022, 03:03:07 pm »
So I went to the stylist today and they were impressed by how much growth I had in two months, but right now my style still looks androgynous, since I've got the type of hair where different parts grow at different speeds.  Such as the hair on my back/neck seems to grow faster than the rest of my hair, so we're trying to keep all the areas in check, so that once my front and sides are at a length that is equal to my back, then my stylist can start going for the bob styling.

Also, I noticed in the mirror today, but in my core I'm starting to notice the first signs of that "hour glass" figure.  I had a tighter top on today, and I had no bra on, but I could still see the "hourglass" outline of my breasts and narrower core.

Offline Northern Star Girl

• Previously Alaskan Danielle, Aspiring Person
  • northernstargirl@susans.org
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2022, 03:48:29 pm »
@NancyDrew1930
Dear NancyDrew:
I loved reading your recent postings and comments.

Regarding your last comment/post, hopefully you can get that "Bob" hair style
that you are desiring...
Your hair will definitely grow, but at it's own rate.... patience!!!! :-\
I have found that a good hair stylist can work wonders and deal
effectively with problem areas... I am wishing you success in that regard.`++

Great news regarding your body and your figure that is developing...  Keep
doing whatever you are doing with your diet and exercise.
It is always nice to see those kinds of changes... plus some
of the form-fitting and tighter clothing styles will help accentuate
the figure you have....

I will continue to eagerly follow your posts as you feel comfortable sharing.
HUGS,
Danielle   
***SEE MY LINKS BELOW
The Ramblings of a Northern*Star Girl
A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles
I am the HUNTED PREY: Danielle’s Chronicles
Things change re: ALASKAN DANIELLE
Positive Mindset... put away negativity

Started HRT:   March 2015
Went Full-Time    December 2016
Quit my male-mode job and relocated to a very small town in Alaska in January 2017
I'm a blonde, blue eyed woman, Age 42

Offline NancyDrew1930

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2022, 07:36:01 pm »
@Northern Star Girl

Today it was mostly getting it trimmed in time for Christmas, since, even though it was long, it was also starting to have that frizzy unkempt look, even when I brushed it.  Unfortunately, I have really fine hair, so it was starting to get that look that said that it needed a trim.  But my stylist even said that they were impressed that it was over my ears. 

I'm also trying to get my hair to have volume, or the look of volume, which isn't easy with fine hair.  I do use shampoo and conditioner that's designed to add volume.  I've got a session booked for next week to get some highlights put into my hair using the foil technique.  I've never had any color in my hair before, but I was reading that a dimensional highlight treatment can add the illusion of extra volume, and to also make me look younger.  My hair's brown, so I'm thinking of some caramel and a few other shades of blond.

Tags: