Author Topic: Travel Destinations - Where do you feel safe going out?  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Jenny-CDNH

• Visitor
Travel Destinations - Where do you feel safe going out?
« on: June 14, 2022, 03:08:19 pm »
Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum but not new to CDing. My very supportive wife and I love to travel and always looking for new places where I could feel safe going out. I'm somewhat passable (when lighting is not great and from a distance  ;D) but I do manage. We live in New England mostly and part time in Sint Maarten. Places where I was able to venture out for the day are San Francisco, Portland OR, Ottawa, Montreal, Conway NH, Sint Maarten.  Would love to hear where others go out dressed up without issues. I do dress to blend in and not looking for attention, so that definitely helps to stay under the radar. Looking forward to your advice!  Jenny

Offline Jessica_Rose

Re: Travel Destinations - Where do you feel safe going out?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 04:56:36 pm »
Welcome to Susan's Place and the Forums!

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I noticed this is your very first post at Susan's Place! We hope you will find this a safe and friendly place to share information and read about the experiences of others. Susan's Place can be an amazing resource for advice, support, and sympathetic friends. Please feel free to comment on posts, ask questions, or share parts of your life. Some of our members even create their own blogs to document their journeys.

If you feel so inclined, please feel free to stop by the Introductions Forum to introduce yourself and very briefly tell more members something about yourself!

We suggest that you read through our rules and other Terms of Service (TOS). Please review the links at the end of this message. The links include information which will help you navigate the site and use the available features.  

Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Once you reach 15 posts you will be able to send and reply to private messages, until then if you have any questions about the Susan's Place site and the Forums, please feel free to contact me via email at Jessica_Rose@susans.org

Once again, Welcome to Susan's Place!

Jessica

Global Moderator

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 07:13:34 pm »
Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum but not new to CDing. My very supportive wife and I love to travel and always looking for new places where I could feel safe going out. I'm somewhat passable (when lighting is not great and from a distance  ;D) but I do manage. We live in New England mostly and part time in Sint Maarten. Places where I was able to venture out for the day are San Francisco, Portland OR, Ottawa, Montreal, Conway NH, Sint Maarten.  Would love to hear where others go out dressed up without issues. I do dress to blend in and not looking for attention, so that definitely helps to stay under the radar. Looking forward to your advice!  Jenny

I think there are locales that are known to be trans-friendly or LGBTQ++ friendly.  Provincetown, or P-Town, Massachusetts is one.  I am unsure if “gay friendly” means “trans-friendly” yet in all locations.

Do have safe, fun travels.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 07:14:40 pm »
Cape Cod may be one of the LGBTQ friendly places in the United States.
You travel through the Cape to get to Provincetown,  which has been a LGBT hangout for a very long time.

Marion

Offline JaimeL71

• Neighbor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 12:47:04 pm »

I never would have guessed Conway, NH.

I haven't actually tried these, but I would think Portsmouth, NH would be pretty progressive leaning.  Burlington, VT seemed like it would be okay, as well. 

As for the Cape, I grew up there and it is a very mixed bag attitude-wise.  P-Town is a no-brainer, but other towns could go either way, especially in the Upper Cape. 

Offline Veronica Morph

• Neighbor
  • Dress up as female being a man = the best journey
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 12:02:45 am »
nowdays if you dress correctly for the time of the day/night and master your makeup correctly not too much, not too crazy, not too poor. and per my previos postings on body shape, you need to control your body proportions... almost anywhere in the US, is fine, these generations are so open minded, and respectful, you can go grosseries, yo can go to restaurants, malls, even stadiums if you wish, just remember to dress appropriate, if you want to dress your fishnets and 6inchers and a blue wig,there are parties for that, ... try not to do tht where families go for their sunday walk, ... if you dress well and accordingly, everybody smiles at you, and guys will just look at you with admiration of you braveness to do what you want to do and who you want to be.

i myself had gone out even in many other countries, europe, asia, and south america, so far no complains if i didnt pass, but lately most of the time i pass, and very rare i get second looks, ... actually i had all kind of complements from evrybody, thinking im a gal, or when they clock me they tell me how well i look. this buildsup in my confidence.
you are very fortunate that your wife is sharing this passion with you.
Veronica Morph

Offline Jenny-CDNH

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 07:56:07 am »
Thanks for the responses so far on the various locations! We are heading to Burlington VT in a few weeks and are hoping to venture out. Also, Jessica, thanks for the links and direction! I will check out the areas you mentioned.

Offline Maid Marion

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 10:40:19 am »
Obviously we need to look out for ourselves and stick to safe venues.

If you can, stick to upscale places with better security.
Given a choice I'd much rather go to a Target than a Walmart.

Marion

Offline Jenny-CDNH

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2022, 08:26:04 am »
Just an update, we did venture out when we went to Burlington VT during a couple days/evenings. Felt quite comfortable, but suggest staying in the downtown area or even Winooski shopping area. They have a couple fantastic thrift shops that didn't seem to mind when I tried on several items (was in guy mode then). Reasonable prices and ended up buying several outfits.

We also went down to Sint Maarten again since then and this island seems to not care, but I would suggest evenings in Maho, Simpson Bay, Grand Case or Orient Village. During the day, Phillipsburg and downtown Marigot are nice places to shop (Wednesdays and Saturdays are better in Marigot).  We're heading back again in a few weeks, always nice to be in a place where you can venture out!

Please let us know where you all go out. We are in Vegas then end of March, hoping to see what it is like there.  Stay safe everyone!

Offline ChrissyRyan

• Have a gentle manner ❤️
  • Family
  • No act of kindness, however small, is wasted.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 07:23:21 pm »
I stay away from walking around, and driving during evening and nighttime, in downtown areas of large cities unless with a group or maybe in bright daylight and there are numerous people around. 

For areas to visit, and there are exceptions of course, the Pacific Northwest is very relaxing.  I think there are locales that are known to be trans-friendly or LGBTQ++ friendly.  Cape Cod including Provincetown, or P-Town, Massachusetts is one.  I am unsure if “gay friendly” means “trans-friendly” yet in all locations.

Please note that there are weirdos and trolls everywhere, so be safe.

Many people are approached by thieves even in what are thought to be safe suburban areas.  Just be aware of your surroundings.  That safety mindfulness applies to non transgender people too!

With that said, you do not have to be a shut in and avoid society of course.  Just apply wisdom.

Chrissy
Be a good example of good behavior.  Always be kinder than needed.  Be tender to others.  You are as beautiful as the thoughts you think and the words that you speak.   Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding.  Knowledge and action shown without love is not impressive.  If you look for the good in people you will find it. Healthy relationships are so important to good living.  Serve others.

Good living, joy, unity, love, and happiness can come from following these practices: Never let selfishness or conceit motivate you.  Regard others as more important than yourself.  Do not limit attention to only your interests, but include the interests of others

It is not usually about how fast you transition, it is about how well you transition.  

I am a brown eyed brunette.

Tags: