News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Kodak Updates Transgender Health Benefits

Started by Kate Thomas, August 31, 2006, 11:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate Thomas

http://www.gayalliance.org/content/view/591/88/
QuoteKodak updates health benefits for transgender employees in transition       
Written by Susan Jordan     
Friday, 25 August 2006 
Kodak Worldwide Benefits has updated health plan coverage to include procedures, services, and supplies for sex transformation (gender reassignment).
The updated plan coverage applies to expenses for sex transformation procedures, services and supplies (including therapy, sex hormones and transsexual surgery) that are provided on or after July 1, 2006, to any person participating in a self-insured option under Kodak's US medical plans.

This is great news for the employees who need this coverage! Lambda Network at Kodak is pleased that our educational activities have shed light on the need for these benefits to be offered. This change is further evidence of Eastman Kodak Company's support for all elements of diversity.It serves to reinforce Kodak's commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment, which prohibits discrimination based on gender identity.
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

Cindi Jones

And for whatever it is worth, Kodak stock has gone down the toilet during the past couple of years.  I'm glad I got out before I lost too much.  But this does show something of the company.  I worked for a company where the employess came absolutely first.  It was a small one.  And they were fairly successful for it.  I'd really like to see Kodak pull itself up. 

Go Kodak! 

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •