Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The riddles of the Universe

Started by Natalie3174, July 01, 2011, 12:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie3174

I believe there are many riddles to the Universe. One of them is that "Struggles are of the ming not he conscious" It is a statement but I believe riddles are a struggle. Philosophy determines things and develops theories without conclusions.

Does anyone else have any riddles or statements?
  •  

LordKAT

Why is the color blue, 'blue'?

I have pondered that one at odd times.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Natalie3174 on July 01, 2011, 12:53:07 PM
I believe there are many riddles to the Universe. One of them is that "Struggles are of the ming not he conscious" It is a statement but I believe riddles are a struggle. Philosophy determines things and develops theories without conclusions.

Does anyone else have any riddles or statements?

Kia Ora Natalie,

::) Who or what planted and nurtured the seed within your mind that germinated the thought that came up with this kind of topic ? " In other words where did the "thought" originate from ?

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Janet_Girl

Why is there air?  (old Bill Cosby Shtick).  But more like why Oxygen?  Why not Helium?  Or Argon?
  •  

Padma

I quit my job at the helium factory - I wasn't willing to be spoken to in that tone of voice...
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) "If the universe is everything, and scientists say that the universe is expanding, what is it expanding into?"  :icon_yikes:

"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora me again,

::) If God sneezed, what would you say to him/her/it ?  :angel: ;)

::) If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

::) If it's zero degree outside today and it's supposed to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold is it going to be ?

::) If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

::) Who do you save when you see an endangered plant being eating by an endangered animal ?

::) If a person with a split personality threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation ?  ;)

•  

justmeinoz

Why does toast land butter side down?
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: justmeinoz on July 03, 2011, 11:51:18 PM
Kia Ora J,

::) Murphy's Law ?  ::)  ;)

::) ::) And why do we always blame poor Murphy ?
  •  

justmeinoz

It's really hard to get your head around the Big Bang, the fact that the Universe started as a wrinkle in Space/Time, and expanded to what it is now.  Not that there was a large empty space that it expanded into.  The fact  that there was no space at all....
If that is not profoundly disturbing you haven't understood it!! :o

So, Why do we always find things in the last place we look?
Karen.
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

Padma

One of my favourite t-shirt slogans:

Is it solipsistic in here,
or is it just me?
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Janet_Girl

Quote from: Beth Andrea on July 04, 2011, 03:53:03 AM
My contribution:

I'm pretty sure I am real (because there is no evidence to the contrary)...but how do I know the rest of you are real?

I remember an episode of Star Trek TNG where A young engineer, Lt. Barclay (Dwight Schultz), is obsessed with fantasy worlds because has problems coping with reality and the crew of the Enterprise have problems coping with him. Meanwhile, strange malfunctions start occurring on the Enterprise.

At the end of the episode Picard asks "How do we know we are not some other being's Hologram?".   Barclay is alone in the conference room and tries something.  He looks around and say "Computer end program".

COMPUTER END PROGRAM.   ;D
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: justmeinoz on July 03, 2011, 11:51:18 PM

The more specific Murphy's Law is that the odds of a piece of buttered toast landing butter-side-down are directly proportional to the price of the carpet.

kate durcal

Oh, so many questions! Let me see.. hum.

Mind = nothing more than a holistic illusion of one, but the agglomeration of many.

Universe expanding: it creates its own geometry s it expands. As today, the data indicates that this expansion would for infinity.

Color of objects is determinded by their ability to absrob certain wave lengths of light. So, blue objects do not absrobe blue light, they reflect it and that is why they look blue

The abundance of elements in earth is the product of the geo-biological activity. Once upon a time the atmosphere of oxygen did not have much oxygen.

Riddles, do not last forever, sooner or later sciences resolves them -like or not.
  •  

Padma

Quote from: dalebert on July 04, 2011, 10:54:30 AM
The more specific Murphy's Law is that the odds of a piece of buttered toast landing butter-side-down are directly proportional to the price of the carpet.

Technically, that's not Murphy's Law so much as a manifestation of Resistentialism, as expressed by Les choses sont contre nous.

See http://synapses.co.za/report-on-resistentialism/ for the full bobby from Paul Jennings, the Master :).
Womandrogyne™
  •  

tekla

And why do we always blame poor Murphy?
We don't blame Murphy, indeed we honor if not worship him.  He was, among other things, R&D Officer at the Wright Air Development Center of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_A._Murphy,_Jr.
FIGHT APATHY!, or don't...
  •