Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

What's your "Quit" anniversary date?

Started by Tracey, July 05, 2011, 07:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felix

Thank you I should mention that I feel WAY better. Smoking is really hard on the body, even in small amounts.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Jamie D

And you know what?  You're going to get cravings.  And you're going to find yourself in situations where you might have smoked before.  You may even end up lighting up, because you're stressed.

Just remember, you have been able to slay the dragon.  You can do it again, if needs be.

Congratulations, bro.
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Jamie D on May 21, 2012, 10:42:08 PM
And you know what?  You're going to get cravings.  And you're going to find yourself in situations where you might have smoked before.  You may even end up lighting up, because you're stressed.

Just remember, you have been able to slay the dragon.  You can do it again, if needs be.

Congratulations, bro.
What I've been doing usually is telling myself I'll smoke later. Like, I'll want one and I'll just put it off for a few minutes. Then I tend to forget. Or I'll remember but it's not worth putting pants on for, so I just let it go.
  •  

Amazon D

Quote from: Felix on May 26, 2012, 01:09:33 AM
What I've been doing usually is telling myself I'll smoke later. Like, I'll want one and I'll just put it off for a few minutes. Then I tend to forget. Or I'll remember but it's not worth putting pants on for, so I just let it go.

Damn that is great.. It makes me feel better since i quit dec 29th 2007 as i was sitting in my car in Iowa praying to God Obama would win and he did
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Metal Stuart

I was addicted to prescription pain meds through most of high school been off them since around October 05. That was a struggle, no one knew of my addiction and how I couldn't function with out them, now I watch myself closely when ever I need to take any form of medication.

Addiction may gone, but the temptation remains.

I'm on my third time around for quitting smoking, haven't had one in 4 months now. You know what they say third times the charm   ^-^
Rise, Rebel, Resist -Otep
  •  

SarahM777

Illegal drugs 1980
Alcohol 1985 went on a binge and got myself so sick for 3 days afterwards. I can not even stand the smell of it in the same room.
Still struggling with the ciggies. I can't even remember how many times I have quit and gone back to it. Of all of them this has been the toughest of the three to quit.
Answers are easy. It's asking the right questions which is hard.

Be positive in the fact that there is always one person in a worse situation then you.

The Fourth Doctor
  •  

Felix

Quote from: Metal Stuart on June 28, 2012, 07:54:00 AM
I was addicted to prescription pain meds through most of high school been off them since around October 05. That was a struggle, no one knew of my addiction and how I couldn't function with out them, now I watch myself closely when ever I need to take any form of medication.

Addiction may gone, but the temptation remains.

I'm on my third time around for quitting smoking, haven't had one in 4 months now. You know what they say third times the charm   ^-^
I really worry about ending up dependent on opiates one day. I've been on morphine and oxycontin and oxycodone and hydrocodone and so on in the past with no trouble, but as the years go by and the injuries pile up I spend more of my time in pain and aware of it. It keeps me awake at night and requires a lot of strategy during the day. I'm going to try to make it to at least 50 before I accept any narcotics for ailments that are clearly not going to heal with time. I've already made peace with having to pony up for T and coffee the rest of my life and I don't want to add to the list.
  •  

Kgirl

Finally quit *everything!* on April 20th of this past year! Feels good =)
  •  

big kim

Quit cigarettes 3/12/94 the day of my GRS. As I got older my tolerance to alcohol got less, I was a beer monster for many years until I started HRT at 32.I  have a glass of wine after a meal every 6 weeks or so
  •  

peky

Smoked Marlboro reds for 5 years.

Nicotine free since 14th February 1992
  •  

Sara Thomas

I'd have to look at a calendar for the exact date I quit drinking (Mother's Day 2011), and I'm planning another go at quitting smoking on Mar. 2 (a year to the date of my last attempt, which lasted 3 mos.).
I ain't scared... I just don't want to mess up my hair.
  •  

xsmittyx

Alcohol was my thing. I'm 75 days sober today...my quit date is September 17 2013 :)
  •  

Devlyn

Welcome to Susan's Place and congratulations on your success! Alcohol was my poison, too. It's all about taking your life back.  Stay strong, hugs, Devlyn
  •  

xsmittyx

•  

Jerri

july 2009 drugs
january 2013 gave up the booze and came out to me
still working on cigs down to a few a day but cant quite get to none
jerri
one day, one step, with grace it will be forward today
  •  

Vicky

Congrats on what you have done Jerri -- My IRL AA meeting still has to make room for smoking breaks in it's program.  Coming close to your one year on the booze means you are doing fine there, and the other is about the same time I have back on the books for my booze and prescription meds.  Good work.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

xsmittyx

Congratulations to us all! It's great to see other clean and sober folks here :)
  •  

Devlyn

Jerri, keep up the good work! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tossu-sama

August 1st 2013, quit smoking. Went pretty much cold turkey except for using e-cig so I didn't wreck the whole place. :D
Got a good incentive, though; top surgery. ;D
  •  

Arilikewoah

As of the start of the new year, I've got four months clean and sober from drugs and alcohol. My first time around, it was July 5th, 2013. This time it's September 1st, 2013.
Sober and serene, for sure. Doing my best to take my life one day at a time.

-Sponsor
-Home Group
-Service Commitment

This trinity, in addition to my new found spirituality in Christianity has provided me with the tools for a whole new lease on life. Still smoke cigarettes, but it's the one vice I've let myself keep.
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know, everything that shines ain't always gold.
  •