Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How do I prove it?

Started by silvershadow17, July 13, 2011, 06:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

silvershadow17

I found the courage to see Erin and tell her everything I felt.  I didn't wimp out or get scared.  I got out all I needed to say to her.  It felt so good to do that.  She sat right there and intently listened to all I had to say.  The one thing she said to me still lingers in my mind.  She said, "how do I know that you and I won't have this fight every month or two about my gender?"  See, Erin's ex-girlfriend of four years would do that with her.  She would want her to hide her gender feelings, and they would have tension and fighting every couple of months.  I know she is afraid that I will do the same thing, and I think that's whats holding her back from coming back to me. 

I know that letter I wrote to her before hurt her deeply because I was still clinging to Brandon and hadn't accepted her as Erin at that point, but I do now...completely.  I love her with all my heart for the girl that she is.  I want her to be my girlfriend in every way.  I will do anything to prove that to her. 

My question is this...What can I do or how can I show her that I have come to full acceptance of her being the beautiful girl that she is and that I will never want her to be anything different?  If I could just find a way to prove my total love and commitment to her as she is, I feel that maybe we could put our relationship back together. 
  •  

Taka

the only thing i can think of is to put yourself in a more vulnerable position. give her the freedom to break up with you if it turns out your acceptance wasn't for real, then let her find security in the relationship when you prove your acceptance through your everyday actions. nothing big, just the little things that make life a little happier for you both

not sure it will work, though. i've never been in such a situation myself. but i've a feeling this is the only thing that would work for anyone who'd want to gain my trust in a relationship. some people have managed to break my ability to trust in people when it comes to love and relationships, and it would take a long time in a good relationship to get rid of the distrust
  •  

Amazon D

Let her read this post of yours. Its screams acceptence

geez why couldn't i find someone like you sheesh  :embarrassed:
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Born_to_Rune

Hi,

Sorry I don't know your full story, but I can only think of posting this. For me - its just a case of simply being you, and letting time heal whatever rift has developed. It sounds to me as if Erin needs to learn to trust again and rebuilding trust takes time. There is no magic fix. You mention a letter, how about writing another one, this time explaining why you wrote the first, but how it was wrong. Words do impact, and unfortunately as often as we would love to take something we might have said back, we can't.
As I've said, it sounds as if time is going to be the biggest healer here. Time to rebuild. Time to show trust again. And so patience is also important.
I really hope this works out for you.
  •