Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

middle name

Started by Cristóbal, July 17, 2011, 06:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cristóbal

I'm wondering if you can replace your first name with your middle name when registering in highschool. (my middle name can be used as a boy name and a girl name) I have a problem with my first name that is...its extremely girly v__v
  •  

Silas

Records, probably not.

But our teachers tell us that on the first day, when they're calling role, if you have another name you go by, you can just say it instead of "here/present" and they'll write it beside the name they have. They'll let you go by short form of first name, your middle name, or even your last name. But nothing that's not part of your name -- unless they're cool, some dude in my art class goes by Fat Boy. Teacher calls him that, too.

(Despite this, I've decided to try and go by Christopher for 10th grade. >.>)

So you could just give your middle name if they do that; or if you don't want them to call out your first name, try going whenever your high school has orientation, and ask them if they can go ahead and write your preferred name on their role call  sheets. Or on the first day, go in all your classes early and tell them what you'd like to go by.
  •  

Cristóbal

Quote from: Silas on July 17, 2011, 08:15:54 PM
Records, probably not.

But our teachers tell us that on the first day, when they're calling role, if you have another name you go by, you can just say it instead of "here/present" and they'll write it beside the name they have. They'll let you go by short form of first name, your middle name, or even your last name. But nothing that's not part of your name -- unless they're cool, some dude in my art class goes by Fat Boy. Teacher calls him that, too.

(Despite this, I've decided to try and go by Christopher for 10th grade. >.>)

So you could just give your middle name if they do that; or if you don't want them to call out your first name, try going whenever your high school has orientation, and ask them if they can go ahead and write your preferred name on their role call  sheets. Or on the first day, go in all your classes early and tell them what you'd like to go by.
Thing is I have done that but Dx they do role call by computer and they say my stupid slave name (birthname, didn't mean to offend if i did) v__v its just bothersome, I can't stand it when they say my name and then all eyes are sucking the life outta me cause i'm a  guy.
  •  

Cristóbal

Quote from: Beth Andrea on July 17, 2011, 07:43:44 PM
I'd be inclined to fill out the forms like that....

Sign and date, if anything comes back, just say you misread the instructions...and that you'd like to be known by the Boyish name. Chances are, if you introduce yourself as "Boyish" and fill out the forms accordingly, no one will blink.

(My experience is from about 30 years ago, my parents made my birthdate 2 years older than I actually was...it held up from scrutiny from high school, to drivers' license, to job service...the "error" was discovered when I went for my security clearance in the military, they actually checked records  :o )
sound pretty good
but risky <<""
  •