Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Riding a bicycle at 3.5 months post op?

Started by Re: Joyce, July 08, 2011, 05:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Re: Joyce

I found I didn't need my little donut cushion after about 2 to 2.5 months.  I could sit down without much preparation or fanfare. 

At 3 months, it seemed that my labial swelling suddenly disappeared and I felt and looked completely normal.  Whoa.

At 3.5 months, I'm out for a walk on a hiker/biker trail and it seemed that so many people were out having fun on bicycles....   So, I bought a cheap bicycle, to see if I was serious enough for a nice bicycle.  :)

I got on it a few days ago and immediately rode about 20 miles with no discomfort (from surgery).  I still felt wobbly and weak in my legs and my bottom was sore, but that's just normal biking stuff.  The next day 10 miles, the day after 12 miles and the day after that another 10 miles.  I simply cannot believe that, at this point so soon post op that I can do this.

I guess my conditioning regimen to get ready for GCS paid off.
  •  

Dinky_Di

Wow, doing well.  Just don't remove the seat....lol  :o >:-)
  •  

spacial

•  

AbraCadabra

Dinky_Di .... "just don't remove the seat" the question is from WHERE?
Gosh you only make me laugh :-) I'm cracking up,
Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Ann Onymous

Quote from: Re: Joyce on July 08, 2011, 05:21:34 AM
     I guess my conditioning regimen to get ready for GCS paid off.

Being in shape prior to SRS definitely made a difference for me...I am almost positive that was the reason I was be-bopping around almost as soon as I was out of the recovery room.  Up and down stairs at the recovery center within a few days and ready to go traipsing around Montreal...they acted as though they had never seen anyone so active so soon after surgery. 
  •  

Debra

Nice!

I healed so much more slowly. I was using the donut cushion past the 3 month mark. Now it seems fine but there is still some swelling and I'm taking ibuprofen still but I did just have my final silver nitrate treatment so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

•  

girl_ashley

Quote from: Debra on July 11, 2011, 04:46:15 PM
Nice!

I healed so much more slowly. I was using the donut cushion past the 3 month mark. Now it seems fine but there is still some swelling and I'm taking ibuprofen still but I did just have my final silver nitrate treatment so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Wow.  I was riding my bike just a month after surgery.  I just hit my three month mark last week and can't imagine.
  •  

Amazon D

Hey you know its

ILLEGAL FOR A WOMAN TO PEDAL PUSSY  >:-)

make sure you wear panties too  :o
I'm an Amazon womyn + very butch + respecting MWMF since 1999 unless invited. + I AM A HIPPIE

•  

Francis Ann Burgett

Such great news, bicycles are great. Buy you a real nice pink one & enjoy. I love riding a bicycles. Back in college days that was the only means of transportation on crowded campus. They are great machines.
  •  

Re: Joyce

I had an exam visit with my local Gyno today.  She's been treating a little granulation tissue and we're nearly done.

However, I do have a spot that's not healed and it's almost nearly certain it is from the bicycle.  I am devastated and have "lost" my bike privileges for 2 weeks, so I can get healed and be certain it is the bike.  I love my Doctors and always follow their orders.   I was on my bike the last 2 weeks and shouldn't have been.  I thought it wasn't related, it turns out it probably was.

So, I'll be a good girl and stay off it.

Remember to keep checking and getting checked.  This healing stuff can be tricky.  Be good girls.
  •  

Suigeniris

I went for a nice ride on the boardwalk about 3 weeks ago and it took me about a good week to get over the pain lol now the bike is folded  and sits at the door just waiting :(( im scared to get back on
Dreams are illustrations...from the book your
soul is writing about yourself....

[color=yello
  •