Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Voice Femm

Started by Lucy, February 15, 2007, 07:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy

Can any one recomend and good CDs for this, I just think I should keep my options open..

Thanks

Lucy
  •  

tinkerbell

Hi Lucy;

Try this link.

You can also download the spectrogram at the above link.

This is the link for the free voice book from Andrea James.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Hazumu

Try Exceptional Voice, especially CD 2, which concentrates on feminine resonance.  They've explained more of the "how do I learn to do this" in these two CDs than the other 'methods' I've bought.

They also offer a block of six weekly coaching sessions for $630.  The course is structured around three blocks, with 2 to 3 months off in between the blocks to give you time to practice and assimilate the lessons from the previous block before progressing to the next.  Kathe Perez also said that she will individualize her coaching with each student -- in other words, if your fundamental pitch and resonance are good, shell accelerate to articulation/prosody/etc., whatever you need the most work on.

When I get my finances in order, I plan on taking at least a block of personal coaching.

Drop them an e-mail.  If you give them a phone number, Kathe will call and answer your questions.

Karen
  •  

Lucy

Nice idea but Im not in the states os most of your coaching courses are not usable. Im in the UK and you are all miles away from me.  >:(

CD CD CD that what I need.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Lucy on February 16, 2007, 03:29:32 AM
Nice idea but Im not in the states os most of your coaching courses are not usable. Im in the UK and you are all miles away from me.  >:(

CD CD CD that what I need.

I'm so sorry that the links we provided are not useful; however, if you order the CD's from Karen's link, I am sure that they will be able to ship worldwide.  In the meantime, I will try to find something else in the UK, or perhaps some of our members from the UK could recommend a source.  We'll see.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Buffy

Speech Therapy is available on the NHS.

I had 6 months through the GIC at Leicester, Most GIC's have a speech therapist attached to the centre.

Send me your e-mail address to buffy@susans.org and I can send you my notes and exercises on breathing, intonation, head resonance, pronunciation, softening pronouns,tag questions and voice projection

There are also some good TS Groups on Yahoo, try transsexualvoice....

Buffy
  •  

Lucy

Ty both. I will email u 2nite, im mobile now. Will the hr help this area
Sorry, can any one tell me if HRT helps develop a more feminine voice
  •  

Buffy

Lucy,

Hormones will not alter your voice.

Only speech therapy or surgery can alter that.

Hormones do a number of great things, but facialhair, bone structure and voice cannot be altered after puberty.

Buffy
  •