Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

My home feels so empty now

Started by Jayne, September 26, 2011, 02:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

I'm preparing to move into a shared house with several complete strangers next weekend.
Yesterday my ex came to my flat to collect my dog, almost as soon as she arrived my dog wouldn't stop pestering for my attention, it was as if he knew what was happening.

When they left together I spent a few hours crying then went to bed, I started crying again when I put my book down & turned off the light as my dog would take this as his cue to jump on the bed & get comfy next to me for 10 - 15 min, he then jumps off the bed & gets comfy on his rug.
When I woke up in the morning it was heartbreaking not to have him licking my face (even though I hate it & chase him off the bed as soon as he starts) & I started crying again.

I had several tearfull episodes at work today especially when one of the women asked why I looked so miserable, I made the mistake of trying to tell her & was in tears before i'd finished the first sentence.
Then when I got home I could hear my footsteps echoing around the flat, normaly any noise is drowned out by my dogs exited greeting.

I've now had a cry whilst typing this, it's really stupid for me to be like this as I can visit him whenever I want & once i'm in a position to give him a good home once more then my ex will let me have him back but right now I just can't control the tears, I know that it's best to let the tears flow to get this out of my system but I just want to get over the constant crying.
  •  

Devlyn

I know, hon, they become a part of you. Today marks the one year anniversary of putting down my best friend Lewis, a yellow lab. I still have his buddy Clark, also a yellow lab. We can share our tears today. Hugs, Tracey
  •  

Sarah Louise

Giving up a loved pet is very hard, but your lucky to have an Ex that is willing to take them in.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Princess of Hearts

•  

Jayne

I've moved into my new place & things don't feel as bad about my dog, the flat had too many memories of him, I would find balls or bones & remember how empty the place was.

I'm visiting my dog at least 3 times a week & working on getting a better place that I can afford so that I can have him so it's not as if he's gone from my life for good

In fact, right now i'm using my exes laptop with my dog curled up by my feet
  •  

Devlyn

Awww, reunions are nice! Hugs, Tracey
  •