Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

And it starts...

Started by togetherwecan, February 13, 2007, 10:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

togetherwecan

Brooke has the workings of a plan. She is going to start with electrolysis and therapy. She wants to begin HRT, but not yet. Electrolysis first. So we have a step one....
  •  

Melissa

Nice. :)  I tried starting electro before hrt.  I ended up stopping and decided to save for laser hair removal (which is now paid off) and I've done 6 sessions already.

Melissa
  •  

togetherwecan

It would make more sense to begin HRT and let it works it's magic before electrolysis...hmmm
I am thinking Brooke is holding off on HRT til she is ready to come out completely.
  •  

Steph

Quote from: togetherwecan on February 13, 2007, 10:40:09 AM
Brooke has the workings of a plan. She is going to start with electrolysis and therapy. She wants to begin HRT, but not yet. Electrolysis first. So we have a step one....

Electrolysis is the easiest first step to take.  It's fairly safe, it won't perk up anyone's radar and it's easily explained away.  Many Men are getting electro for the simple reason of not wanting to shave anymore, no big deal.

It will give Brook the sense that she is doing something towards her goal without putting too much strain on the emotions, to pocket book, or any relationships she has with family and friends.

Therapy is a given for without it there are too many road blocks to overcome some of which are insurmountable without it.  It will also, help to get her head around the issues before her getting hopes up only to have them dashed for what ever reason etc.  HRT can come at anytime really.  There is no specific recommendation other than many, many TS find it helpful to be on HRT prior to RLE.  Yet some only start HRT during RLE, and there are those who start HRT after the RLE.  Remember just because HRT is available it doesn't mean that it's required right away, as there may also be medical reasons that prevent Brooke from taking it.

Yep a good first step.

Steph
  •  

togetherwecan

Quote from: Steph on February 13, 2007, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: togetherwecan on February 13, 2007, 10:40:09 AM

Electrolysis is the easiest first step to take.  It's fairly safe, it won't perk up anyone's radar and it's easily explained away.  Many Men are getting electro for the simple reason of not wanting to shave anymore, no big deal.

It will give Brook the sense that she is doing something towards her goal without putting too much strain on the emotions, to pocket book, or any relationships she has with family and friends.

Therapy is a given for without it there are too many road blocks to overcome some of which are insurmountable without it.  It will also, help to get her head around the issues before her getting hopes up only to have them dashed for what ever reason etc.  HRT can come at anytime really.  There is no specific recommendation other than many, many TS find it helpful to be on HRT prior to RLE.  Yet some only start HRT during RLE, and there are those who start HRT after the RLE.  Remember just because HRT is available it doesn't mean that it's required right away, as there may also be medical reasons that prevent Brooke from taking it.

Yep a good first step.

Steph

RLE? I am unfamiliar with the acronym...

Brooke SO wants on the hormones. Everything about them pretty much is appealing about them to her.
  •  

Steph

RLE = Real life experience some prefere RLT = Real life test.  It's the one year periode that most therapists and surgeons require patients to live in their prefered gender.  There is a link in the wiki that explains it here:

https://www.susans.org/wiki/Real_life_experience

Steph
  •  

Brianna

The pain of electro is also much harder to take on estrogen. I recomend getting rid of as much as you can before that.
  •  

Steph

Quote from: togetherwecan on February 13, 2007, 12:53:15 PM
Brooke SO wants on the hormones. Everything about them pretty much is appealing about them to her.

There's plenty of time for HRT, just remember that they won't make her a woman, if she is TS then she is already a woman.  Patience is the key word for the time being.  Rushing forward with the wrong expectations will only lead to disappointment and frustration.

If it's meant to be then it will be.

Steph
  •  

Melissa

Quote from: Brianna on February 13, 2007, 02:13:33 PM
The pain of electro is also much harder to take on estrogen. I recomend getting rid of as much as you can before that.
On the other hand, if you start hrt, it will prevent any additional hairs from popping up.  I learned about that when I signed up for laser and they didn't want you taking and adrogen type hormone because it can make additional hairs appear.

Melissa
  •