Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Question

Started by Berri, February 15, 2007, 10:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berri

I was looking up some information in the Wiki and ran across something that I am wondering about.
I looked in Transsexualism - Information for the family and under the section Other Steps On The Way it states the following:

in the case of an individual who is married, a decree of divorce. All gender identity clinics require that a divorce be obtained before they accept a patient for surgery.

I am wondering why this is? The way I am reading it unless I am mistaken is that going through with GRS you have to have a divorce if you are married.

Can someone explain this to me please?
  •  

tinkerbell

Hi Berri;

Perhaps this link can be useful.  You can also contact them directly and ask them specific questions in regards to your situation.

tinkerbell :icon_chick:
  •  

Berri

Thank you for the link Tinkerbell. I will read it.
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Berri on February 15, 2007, 10:18:07 PM
I was looking up some information in the Wiki and ran across something that I am wondering about.
I looked in Transsexualism - Information for the family and under the section Other Steps On The Way it states the following:

in the case of an individual who is married, a decree of divorce. All gender identity clinics require that a divorce be obtained before they accept a patient for surgery.

I am wondering why this is? The way I am reading it unless I am mistaken is that going through with GRS you have to have a divorce if you are married.

Can someone explain this to me please?

The article in the Wiki that you are referring too needs to be updated as there are some issues that need to be clarified as in most countries "divorce" is not a requirement of GRS.  I believe that Australia may require divorce, but that too may be inaccurate.  Give me time and I'll get to it. :)

Steph
  •  

Berri

Thank you for your response Steph. I will look at the info tinkerbell gave to me in the link. Sorry I was not asking to give you work to do.
  •  

Steph

Quote from: Berri on February 16, 2007, 01:53:45 PM
Thank you for your response Steph. I will look at the info tinkerbell gave to me in the link. Sorry I was not asking to give you work to do.

You don't have to be sorry Berri it's what I get paid to do...  Wait a second... Hey Susan...

Steph
  •