Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Technical question

Started by marelivki, June 27, 2011, 10:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marelivki

I was just wondering... I've been working on my voice with Finding your female voice by Andrea James for about nine months now. The whole process to achieve feminine sounding voice took me I think three/four months, since then I've been working on improving it a bit (just some little changes), and I mainly focused on holding this voice as long as I could so that it sounded feminine, without greater effort

My question for You is, when you start living as a female, you certainly use this voice, do you have to do a warm-up before going out? Or when you wake up are you completely ready to use this voice? Or maybe it took time to be able to speak this voice at once after awakening?

What's your impressions?
  •  

EmilyElizabeth

I'm pretty much able to use my voice all the time unless my throat is really sore when I wake up

•  

marelivki

And you sound as good as when after warm-up?
  •  

Virginia

It  takes singing along with three or four songs to get into my best form when I haven't used my girl voice for 2-3 days. I can flip flop back and forth at will but keep my vocal track constantly positioned when I spend the day presenting as female so I can immediately go into voice and avoid an oops or unnecessary pause.  A side benefit is that keeping your vocal tract/facial muscles positioned to speak gives you the stereotypical female wide eyes/arched brows and slight smile AND it makes your Adams Apple disappear into your neck.

My problem is that I loose the higher end of my range range after I've been using my female voice all day. I think alot of that has to do with mucus build up because it goes away if I take a drink. I suspect if I was MTF and used my female voice 24-7 this would probably go away.
~VA (pronounced Vee- Aye, the abbreviation for the State of Virginia where I live)
  •